Aquarium man defends his decision to put "mermaids" in the fish tanks - says he's just promoting million baht business

webfact

I got there before the event finished

He agreed to sell me a 'mermaid' and asked if I wanted an aquarium

didn't realise star signs were a option

????

Edited by Regyai
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Olmate said:

Meter"maids' worked for Surfers Paradise. Great promo idea become icon! 

Screenshot_20220722-090428.jpg

Now over the hill and settled with my Thai girl but … it was certainly an attraction to bring me to Thailand over a decade ago …

• Like 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Many had come to the shop inquiring about the mermaids - they were told the promo event was over. 

All that were left were the fancy fish - the girls had moved on.

So once the attraction had left you were left with your guppies...

million baht business.... really?

52 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

More like the foundations now, without sex tourism Thailand is finished.

Walked down Patpong as we cut through to go home after dinner last night after exiting from the BTS at Sal Daeng.  First time I have ever seen the main street open and touts badgering us as we walked on through, "Ping Pong Show"  he kept yelling and then got in front of my GF and tried to convince her....looks like the sex tourism industry along the Japanese corridor in Silom is off to a brisk start....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Walked down Patpong as we cut through to go home after dinner last night after exiting from the BTS at Sal Daeng.  First time I have ever seen the main street open and touts badgering us as we walked on through, "Ping Pong Show"  he kept yelling and then got in front of my GF and tried to convince her....looks like the sex tourism industry along the Japanese corridor in Silom is off to a brisk start....

Why do they call it the Japanese corridor? Do they only cater to Japanese tourists?

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

Why do they call it the Japanese corridor? Do they only cater to Japanese tourists?

The mall housing Golf shops on 4 floors is just down the road and all of the Japanese restaurants are in that Area.  Maybe I am the only one that calls that Area by that name, but in the day, prior to Covid, it was filled with Japanese shops on the opposite side of the larger Patpong road. There is another Patpong road on the where Foodland is and that's where many bars are.  We avoid that Soi.