yanking teeth

BananaBandit

I have some problematic teeth I'd like to jettison.  Don't want any fillings, etc.  Just get 'em outta my life.

So, can I just go to a Thai public hospital, point out a few unwanted teeth, and have the dentist yank away?

In case it makes a difference, I'm already "in the system" at my local public hospital  (received treatment for a leg infection a few months ago. must say i was impressed with the service and value. saved my leg for about 400 baht) 

How much would the teeth pulling cost?  Do they charge by the tooth?

The cheapest way would be to tie a string to your tooth and the other end to a door's handle and sit and wait for someone to open the door... worked in the days where dentists were scares to find..

I couldn't easily find an internet reference to back this up but I was once told that if you are missing a tooth the underlying bone structure of the opposing tooth tends to weaken and can cause the opposing tooth to become loose.

https://www.smileeasy.com/blog/what-happens-if-you-dont-replace-missing-teeth/

Edit:

But to answer your question, tooth extraction, because of its low cost, is probably one of the most common dental procedures in Thailand, especially in rural areas, and I am pretty sure you could find a dentist in most

government hospitals to do the extractions.

Edited by Gecko123

Don't bother with a hospital, they'll just whack on extra fees (charge you for taking your BP and weighing you, and measuring your height) any dentist will do it. Pick a fairly heavy set Thai male and not a slim little girl dentist. 

21 minutes ago, grain said:

Don't bother with a hospital, they'll just whack on extra fees (charge you for taking your BP and weighing you, and measuring your height) any dentist will do it. Pick a fairly heavy set Thai male and not a slim little girl dentist. 

That's true. If you pull a tooth on the top, for example, the tooth directly beneath it will begin to erupt because of the lack of stabilizing pressure. This can cause a variety of problems although the process is gradual so it needs to be monitored over time. If you do have a tooth pulled and it's not a wisdom tooth, it's usually best to have an implant put in to avoid further bone erosion and the shifting of the position of the teeth.

• 2 months later...
On 7/22/2022 at 6:32 PM, internationalism said:

If you have problematic teeth do crowns. Over 10k each. First root canal and later 2 visits for crown. 
Talk to a good dentist about options. Dont tell them what you want. First listen to them. 

Dentists sure will try to sell something expensive like crowns or implants. The problem is that some people like me have low tolerance to dental materials. The only solution is to remove teeth and removable partial dentures after. 

I know many people can live with amalgam fillings with mercury, i myself feel like i am sick a lot with that filling until it was removed. Crowns usually placed on luting cement, how it will affect my health with crown material? I would pull teeth instead. The problem is they refuse to pull tooth, so you need to go through pain until tooth become so bad so they ok to pull it.

• Like 1