Old & angry

Started off this morning went into small  medical doctors centre in jomtien.

On entering I noticed a old guy around 80 (Lou) from the UK accent  talking loudly with a lollipop .Also sitting nearby was a European middle-aged guy who was listening to attentvelly to Lou the lollipop man.

And sitting on the other couch ignoring Lou was a older farang and I presume his boyfriend.

Well I sat there waiting my turn,and I'm sure you all have bumped into a " Lou the lollipop'

So Lou started telling the other guy and me, actually anyone that would listen about how he has lived in Jomtien 20 years !

20 years & he knows everything about Thailand!

And in fact people come to him to get answers!

Well still sucking on his lollipop ,UK Lou stopped talking just for a brief moment as the gay couple was called into the doctor.

As the door closed, old Lou went in his verbal rampage , " Bloody louts ! Bloody louts ! He shouts to all of us looking at the gay couple gone into the room.

I had to laugh because how  was there a correlation between "louts" & the middle-aged gay couple ??

But old Lou wanted to take charge as the gentleman opposite him obviously dominated by Old Lou nodded his head continuakky in agreement as Old Lou continued his verbal rampage of every minority even Mexicans !

Lou kept talking then glancing at me obviously trying to get me to agree with him," they have changed England you know,I wouldn't go back there now , wouldn't recognise the place !

They are all on welfare !

Now I wasn't sure if Old Lou was talking about the gay people or the immigration?

But he was a bald old man with glasses in his 80's sucking on a lollipop!

He kept talking & talking glancing in my direction every now and again as I kept looking at my phone.

" They were trying to force my great grand kiddies into this gay education! He says ,head bobbing up & down in anger as he sucked on  his lollipop.

The other patient opposite still shaking his head in agreement at Old Lou 

He then looked at me, trying to get a reaction .

" And where are you from old timer" ? he asks 

From Australia I said looking old Lou straight in the eyes to see Old Lou had been a dominant bossy old b in his time .

" I bet you are getting all the refugees & P...fs (gay people) there too ,starting all this gay education in schools !

For some reason,I don't know why but I just looked at Old Lou and I don't know why and that song came to my head but in different words !

" Old old lollipop..doh...doh ..doh...old old lollipop ....

Then old Lou's name was called and he looked at me completely like I was insane,like a blank expression,confused type and I continued to sing ,"old old lollipop, dooo dooo..."

How many Old Lou's s are out there !

Racist homophobic,isn't it time to accept people , especially gay people ,so what if someone is different to you ?

If your over 60 surely it's time to accept people instead of judgement?

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

And guess what ? he may well be a member of this forum and have a similar opinion of you as you do of him.????

Oh but lollipop Lou knew more people than me in his 20 years of being here,he even has the police captain of some  area ring him for advice in matters !

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

What's "gay education". ????

I think the OP / Lou is referring to the type of things being allowed / encouraged or even taught in schools in the west. For example, non-binary gender and actively promoting life choices that maybe children shouldn't be making until they've matured a bit.

I haven't seen any of this first hand, as I'm too old. So what we hear and read could be inflated by people like old Lou, or it could be true.

45 minutes ago, 2long said:

I think the OP / Lou is referring to the type of things being allowed / encouraged or even taught in schools in the west. For example, non-binary gender and actively promoting life choices that maybe children shouldn't be making until they've matured a bit.

I haven't seen any of this first hand, as I'm too old. So what we hear and read could be inflated by people like old Lou, or it could be true.

Twitter/

"Libs of Tik Tok"

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Who knows, this guy or any old guy has a lifetime of experiences behind him.

Why sit in judgement, you dont know his story or what hes been or is going through. Live n let live.

He was characterized as being loud, aggressive, xenophobic and homophobic. Bit difficult not to judge him on that whatever his age or life experience. One would hope that maturity and experience would bring better qualities.

15 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

He was characterized as being loud, aggressive, xenophobic and homophobic. Bit difficult not to judge him on that whatever his age or life experience. One would hope that maturity and experience would bring better qualities.

And for all anyone knows may have mental health isues too, its all speculation anyway.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

making a conscious effort to better ourselves, to be pleasant, funny, and filled with joy and good will,

They can keep their ranting, misery and lack of understanding of life's basic principals to themselves. 

This. Every once in a while, think about what the OTHER person might be getting out of the interaction.

If it's just the benefit of your searing outrage, think again. People have their OWN garbage to work through. In a bar or a waiting room, they just want to have a bit of a larf.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 2 is 1 said:

Be gay if you want its fine bye me! You can bang yourself every hole what you feel like nothing away from me. But if you teach kids its normal to be gay then thats wrong and should be angry about it! Tv is full of gay host and they kiss eatch other when still kids watch tv, even some kids program host is gay and almost advertice it! That is sick! Nobody cant say is normal to be gay even we tolerate it!

Which tv is this? Ive never seen 2 hosts kiss each other

Plus there are several gay animals so its normal

Humans had bi orgies 3000 years ago

Edited by Sparktrader

I was just in a bar tonight in Pattaya and being Aussie I only remember the troubles they had in Northern Ireland when I was growing up.

I remember my dad often spoke about it and my grandfather was Irish , but I never took a interest in it 

Tonight I met a young lad from northern Ireland who told me there had been fights among the "old" people on July 12th apparently and he & his generation don't want to be involved with carrying on fighting with other over something that happened years ago ,he was laughing as he was recalling some old men in their 80's brawling each other in the street ,silly old fools 

I can only imagine the old guys in the bowler hats dressed like 100 years ago hitting the other old guys with walking sticks on each other because of something that happened hundreds of years ago, ridiculous!

But once again my generation and older fools , lollipops want to continue this on ,this hatred  

I'm sure this next generation will have more commensense& respect  than us old fools and our fathers who were even worse in hatred

I'm glad places like northern Ireland are becoming more diverse & accepting and this will only happen as us old fools die off 

Im not gay not do I know any gay people,but I think it's fantastic that places like Belfast in N Ireland are promoting the gay pride marches instead of these hatred marches and promoting diversity.

I think it's fanythese young people from northern Ireland are marching in happiness at being gay together kissing each other and they are getting thousands there , fantastic I say and good on them !

Us old fools lollipops  are the cause of so much hatred , I'm often glad that many haven't got that long to live in life but want to continue hating others ,why ?

And the worse old lollipops are the ones who encourage young people to hate too !

I find the young generation much much more respectful .

Edited by georgegeorgia

I wonder what Lou would think of a transitioning wolfaterian. Yes, I saw the movie "What is a woman?", which is highly recommended viewing if you want to see how far out things are in the US, right now. Some people refuse to talk anymore, and only communicate in the sounds of their chosen animal species! And the teachers in school cannot complain. 

• Haha 1