Brexit: UK's divorce bill from EU could rise to £42.5bn

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

Sunak is a serious politician, so if he becomes PM there is a chance that he will drop this ridiculous posturing, that common sense will prevail and that the UK government starts to abide by the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement and work with, rather than against, the EU to find practical solutions where there are difficulties.

If the opportunistic Truss becomes PM who knows what might happen, but I fear that it won't be anything good.

I thought Rory Stewart was at least a decent man too. Not my cup of sunshine, but no wonder he was evicted from the BNPKIP version of the CON party today.

And then there is Peter Hitchens. Not a politician, but a 'conservative' I hold in regard. His books are excellent and thought provoking.

• Like 1

Just now, dunroaming said:

Of course it's not our fault, it's the French.  Without Brexit there wouldn't be the border checks that are causing the chaos.  The border checks that Johnson, Rees Mogg, Davis and the rest of the  toe rags promised wouldn't happen.  The "Led By Donkeys" video has the actual recordings of them all saying that on camera!

Its the Covid vaccination checks that are primarily causing the delays though and passports were also checked before Brexit , the only difference is that UK passports need to be stamped in , prior to Brexit, ALL non E.U passports would need to be checked and stamped 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

The list is extensive. Can't be bothered to do your research for you.  But for those so blinkered they cannot see, probably best to stay in ignorance.

They could all just be in your imagination and they don't actually exist ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

That's exactly the point. Traveling within the EU is much easier for EU nationals than UK nationals now that we have left the EU.

That wasnt my point .

My point was that even prior to Brexit , UK Passports were still checked when entering France , its not a new Brexit thing . 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That wasnt my point .

My point was that even prior to Brexit , UK Passports were still checked when entering France , its not a new Brexit thing . 

‘Checked’.

A cursory glance before being waved through. 

Brexit changed that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/26/2022 at 1:10 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

And a real close look.

The French took control of their border.

The French have pretty much no control of their borders. Which is why they have such a massive problem with illegal immigrants coming into France from other EU countries (illegal immigrants entering Greece, Italy, Turkey from non EU countries then easily moving across borders into France) that they then shamefully facilitate putting onto unseaworthy boats bound for Britain, many of whom die during the crossing.

Playing childish games by making it difficult and time consuming for Britons to legally enter France is neither clever nor symbolic of border control. 

I'm not the least surprised you take the French side in these shameful practices though. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1