What Does This Song Do for YOU?...on any given Sunday?

Dear Friends,

Tomorrow being the usual manic Sunday, there has to be a Sunday question of import, in place of, or in addition to, attending Church, listening to some guy spout a sermon.

Everybody has a different way of worshipping.

Some prefer idolatry, and some worship brown bodies.

What thoughts might you have about this tune, this Sunday morning?

Hold your heads up, while attending services in Pattaya on this Sunday?

It ups to you for you to say something meaningful and enlightening.

Enjoy your Scottish breakfasts this day.

Or, a Big MacDonald's, something also Scottish, a junk-food snack after a sleepless night roaming around the soi of your most beloved place on Earth?

Best to you, yours, and everybody.

Hold your head up, if not too heavy, after such a workout, sometimes between the sheets.

Sunday is a day of rest, thankfully.

Regards,

GlaBOBulin

Sorry:

Might I add this video, without the important lyrics...

And, slightly out of key, in places.....

Might we be talking a ..... double entendre... in the Pattaya case?

Note:  A double entendre (plural double entendres) is a figure of speech or a particular way of wording that is devised to have a double meaning, of which one is typically obvious, whereas the other often conveys a message that would be too socially awkward, sexually suggestive, or offensive to state directly.

Sorry, again:  I know that I did not need to explain the term, 'double entendre', to most of you.  However, it never hurts to understand the exact meaning of this term, just for further, and more thorough, edification.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, FalangKino said:

What?

Please wait until the morn, before you ask what or why, or how, or, even, where you were, this fine evening. 

Sundays are days for recapitulation and thoughtfulnes concerning the what, where, how, why of the events of the previous evening. 

This is what church is for. 

A respite sitting in pews, contemplating what one cannot recall from the night just passed. 

One of the messages behind this song is that:

We are afraid because we run. 

We feel happiness because we smile, especially in Thailand. 

We feel powerful when we walk with shoulders back and chest OUT, especially true of women. 

We feel undaunted with our heads held high. 

There is really no doubt about it.. 

Try to practice your power walk, and your life will change for the better, indubitably. 

Don't believe me? 

Just take a look at the Power Walks practiced by World Leaders when they have a get-together at any major event, like Davos, baby. 

Do you even imagine, for one second, that these baboons have not been closely coached concerning their body language, and how best to strut their Power Walk? 

Many have pea-sized brains, and a member to match, but they venture onto the world stage with their Power Walk, and the whole world is easily fooled. 

I am not saying that you should practice walking, for hours, with a book balanced on your head. 

I am saying that posture makes the man, as well as a beautifully cut suit. 

Don't wear shorts in Thailand, as I always say, unless you wish to be taken for a bum. 

Re-read Pygmalion, my friends. 

Learn how to make friends and influence people, before it is too late, and before you have frittered away your alloted number of days in the sun. 

If need be, spend your useless gym expenditure on a decent coach who can train you to hold your head high, and walk with both assurance and dignity among even the highest echelon of society. 

Maybe you need a makeover. 

It ups to you. 

The sky is the limit. 

Maintain your power stance. 

Take my advice. 

Don't waste another moment. 

Or, you may live to regret it. 

Our life, the amount of time we spend walking on this earth, is finite. 

If you are in doubt about this, please re-read Gone With the Wind, a spectacular novel I read, nonstop, when I was 12. 

Chest out. 

Shoulders back. 

Head high. 

Try it for just two weeks. 

Best of luck to you. 

Even the Pattaya girls will be appreciative of the new you. 

End of Sunday's Sermon.. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin

It's Sunday, my time, here, and I'm thinking about the Sermon on the Mount. 

One can get religion, no matter one's posture, me thinks. 

In the good old days, before I became more sensible, I would get religion, mounted in the saddle, on any given Sunday. 

I know that there are guys, younger than I, who at this very moment in time, are receiving a riteous sermon in the mount. 

More power to you, Boys! 

As The Sun Rises, may you not repent your excesses of this very-early-Sunday bewitching hour, before you must inevitably appear before your church minister, so few hours from now. 

And keep your heads up as you walk disheveled, dreary eyed, and hungover, to take your seat in the front pew. 

And then, do it again, next Saturday evening, until dawn. What have you to lose? 

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Sunday People

I love this song, though I am loving it for the very first time. 

Thank you for this Sunday's first meaningful contribution to this Sunday's best topic, so far. 

Let's all get into the Spirit of the day! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

still hungover,,

Im easy,,,,like a sunday morning,,,,,,,

waiting for a manic monday  wish it was sunday--cos thats my funday--my i  dont have to run day........i prefer to take it easy,,,,a peaceful easy feeling....like at hotel California....

Obviously, you require a Fire and Brimstone sermon just to "get you right", my son. 

Follow my example, my friend, and cease your wicked ways, no matter how satisfying the temptations of the flesh might seem, at this hour. .. 

Remain true to thyself, and thee shall gain power to overcome the partaking of even the most enticing Pattaya treats on the streets. 

Be strong. 

I feel for you. 

• Thanks 1

What's a Sunday?

When I was in paid employment Sunday was my day of rest but in these days of unpaid employment for the hardest taskmistress you would never wish to meet, every day is the same as the one that preceeded it.

Forgetting Sundays, I prefer to think of the Kinks Sunny Afternoon.  Relaxing to this puts a smile on my face on any day of the week..
https://youtu.be/TYIl6n_SRCI

On 7/24/2022 at 11:23 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

"...there has to be a Sunday question of import".

Good idea, could you come up with one for a change, then?

OK. 

Here is a question of import... 

What is your opinion of the University of Liverpool? 

The reason I ask is that this fine old research institution was one of the first to jointly open a campus in Xian, China with Jiaotong University. 

In my opinion, it will be only this type of free exchange of information through academic institutions that might have any chance, no matter how slight, of saving organized human existence into the year 2099. 

Therefore, do you support such glorious efforts by this magnificent institution, long established in your most beloved city? 

If you do, then I firmly agree with you. 

More power to Liverpool. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Here is a question of import... 

What is your opinion of the University of Liverpool?

More power to Liverpool. 

That is not  "a question of import".  You're making a pretentiously pompous assumption about the Liverpool that is referenced in my Thaivisa name.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 7/28/2022 at 12:28 PM, Lacessit said:

Sunday is my day of relaxation and reflection. I contemplate songs like this:

If one MUST be run down by a Jaguar, then, please Lord, let it be a Daimler.

image.jpeg.cd48f454657382e08fc060563cd752b9.jpeg

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If one MUST be run down by a Jaguar, then, please Lord, let it be a Daimler.

image.jpeg.cd48f454657382e08fc060563cd752b9.jpeg

I understand it is necessary to buy two Jaguars, because one will always be in the service shop getting fixed.