Long traffic delays at Dover ferry port are fault of Brexit, claim French

onthedarkside

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I doubt you’ll find anyone who voted to be poorer.

Of course not, that wasn't a question on the Polling paper .

Anyway, self determination   is more important than individual  personal wealth .

The U.K would have been richer if we didn't fight the Nazis in 1939 , but we made sacrifices for the common good 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

51 % is hardly a landside victory , slight up on the 48 % who voted at the Brexit poll to remain .

The slight change from 48 % to 51 % would have been because all those Brexit voted who died , so peoples opinions haven't changed .

As I said 51 % is too close to call and not decisive enough 

You are deliberately ignoring the 10% who don't know. You implication that the vote to rejoin would be 51% is statistically false. The vote to rejoin is 20% higher than the vote to leave.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Of course not, that wasn't a question on the Polling paper .

Anyway, self determination   is more important than individual  personal wealth .

The U.K would have been richer if we didn't fight the Nazis in 1939 , but we made sacrifices for the common good 

"but we made sacrifices for the common good" 

"We" did, did we? On what front did you serve? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

You are deliberately ignoring the 10% who don't know. You implication that the vote to rejoin would be 51% is statistically false. The vote to rejoin is 20% higher than the vote to leave.

Yes, it fluctuates and the current problem in France would influence peoples opinion .

But as they isn't going to be another vote , pointless even asking 

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, it fluctuates and the current problem in France would influence peoples opinion .

But as they isn't going to be another vote , pointless even asking 

How do you know there isn't going to be another vote?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

How do you know there isn't going to be another vote?

Well, I was going to agree with you that it's certainly uncertain since the rising generations voted strongly in favor of staying in the EU. But apparently there are at least 2 posters here who fought in WW2. If that is typical of that generation, we may be in for a long wait.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Well, I was going to agree with you that it's certainly uncertain since the rising generations voted strongly in favor of staying in the EU. But apparently there are at least 2 posters here who fought in WW2. If that is typical of that generation, we may be in for a long wait.

I doubt that, WW2, hmmm, perhaps a rethink is in order chap...????

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

You need to catch up with the real world.

Increased costs and delays to British businesses that are a direct result of Brexit.

There is no sense in which this is good news for the UK economy.

The round isn't over yet.....????.....Is a birdie calling.....????

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I do know very well what you meant. And maybe it's time to stop taking credit for sacrifices you never made.

My dad made a sacrifice in WW2, so leave that sacrifice cr_p out of it...

Talk about stoop low......................????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As I said earlier, I like to take people at their word.

No, you are just using that to give me some abuse .

You know very well what I meant , you are just pretending  online that you don't in an attempt to score points

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Definitely the fault of the French.

UK rejects Dover funding bid for more French passport booths

DECEMBER 16 2020
  The UK cabinet office has rejected a £33m proposal to double the capacity for French government passport checks at the port of Dover, raising the prospect of long delays for passengers after the end of the Brexit transition period.

The English Channel port, which handles 2.2m passenger vehicles every year, had requested the funding as part of the £200m Port Infrastructure Fund announced by the government in October to pay for additional border facilities required as a result of the UK’s departure from the EU.

According to a person familiar with the matter, Dover applied for £33m to double the number of French government passport booths from five to 10 in anticipation of more stringent requirements including stamps in passports after January 1.
https://www.ft.com/content/2a6662a0-975e-4bcd-9f5b-e241256db4df

Edited by placeholder

3 minutes ago, bannork said:

So much more money lost by leaving the EU

The Office for Budget Responsibility says Brexit will have a long-term effect of cutting UK GDP by a hefty 4%, an estimate unchanged since early 2020. The Financial Times says such a decline amounts to £100bn in lost output, and £40bn less revenue to the Treasury a year. The UK is now behind all the other G7 nations in the pace of its recovery from the pandemic, with exports by UK small businesses to the EU down significantly.

Jonathan Haskel, a member of the Bank of England’s nine-member monetary policy committee, said on Friday that Brexit was “disconnecting the UK from its main trading partners” in a clear example of de-globalisation. An expert at Imperial College on ways to improve productivity, Haskel warned in 2019 that British business investment would likely be weak for several years because of uncertainty linked to Brexit.

Figures from the Centre for European Reform show that the Brexit vote has already depressed economic growth. The independent thinktank said that by the end of last year the economy was 5% – or £31bn – smaller than if the UK had stayed in the EU.

............which all caused the queue at Dover........................????

3 minutes ago, bannork said:

So much more money lost by leaving the EU

The Office for Budget Responsibility says Brexit will have a long-term effect of cutting UK GDP by a hefty 4%, an estimate unchanged since early 2020. The Financial Times says such a decline amounts to £100bn in lost output, and £40bn less revenue to the Treasury a year. The UK is now behind all the other G7 nations in the pace of its recovery from the pandemic, with exports by UK small businesses to the EU down significantly.

Jonathan Haskel, a member of the Bank of England’s nine-member monetary policy committee, said on Friday that Brexit was “disconnecting the UK from its main trading partners” in a clear example of de-globalisation. An expert at Imperial College on ways to improve productivity, Haskel warned in 2019 that British business investment would likely be weak for several years because of uncertainty linked to Brexit.

Figures from the Centre for European Reform show that the Brexit vote has already depressed economic growth. The independent thinktank said that by the end of last year the economy was 5% – or £31bn – smaller than if the UK had stayed in the EU.

Yes, it was known and expected that the benefits of Brexit would take some time to manifest 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So, you're not taking credit for what that generation of UK soldiers accomplished? In that case, why bring it up at all? Why do the French or any other Europeans owe you anything?

Because I can, its history, YOU brought up that sacrifice cr_p....LOW..

Who has said they owe us anything.....?

YOU, more guff.....????