Monkeypox-infected Nigerian who fled Phuket found in Phnom Penh

webfact

5 minutes ago, allanos said:

The WHO, in their wokeness, are very concerned that people the world over

will equate the name "monkey-pox" with Africans, and have put forward

a proposal that the name or designation be changed. Any decision, however,

would seem to be pending at the moment.

Actually you have point. They did the same with the Chinese covid and renamed national variants with numbers

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

They tracked him to another country- extremely efficient. In the UK illegal  immigrants dissappear with impunity and are rarely found.

Really? They can't buy a house or car, get a bank account, driver's licence, a decent job, any welfare, health care, etc. Most apply for refugee status in order to remain legal.

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Good riddance...only question is why a large Nigerian community is allowed in The Penh.

There is a community of scammers / call centers I believe too, that are present in Phnom Penh. 
im quite sure I saw an area of Bangkok similar to this and was very surprised that this was allowed in Thailand as they are very racist towards black people. Bangkok expats will know which area this is. In Cambodia, I think also a blind eye from the police allow these things to continue as I suppose it does in Thailand.  If they really wanted to clean the place up, they would, easily. 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, geisha said:

There is a community of scammers / call centers I believe too, that are present in Phnom Penh. 
im quite sure I saw an area of Bangkok similar to this and was very surprised that this was allowed in Thailand as they are very racist towards black people. Bangkok expats will know which area this is. In Cambodia, I think also a blind eye from the police allow these things to continue as I suppose it does in Thailand.  If they really wanted to clean the place up, they would, easily. 

Sukhumvit Soi 13, Strikers bar would be a good guess.

• Like 2

The Thai detected his cellphone (!) signal on Thursday in Sa Kaeo.

That is Thailand, but they didnt arrest him. No action what so ever to get him, so he could infect more Thai and other people.

Well done!

Then he was arrested in Phnom Penh, but on what ground then?

Ok, could be public danger.

I hope they wore at least gloves with the arrest, as you cant touch/handle him barehanded. You should have worn a special suit to arrest him, so you really cant get in touch with him anyway.

Monkey pox travels by skin contact.

A cat in the narrow, makes strange jumps.

He easily could have threatened the police officers to stay free.

And you could have a wildwest event, catching him.

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2022 at 8:45 PM, CMBob said:

According to the news, the man entered Thailand last October and overstayed his visa, living supposedly in central Phuket (Kathu district) since then.  While the monkeypox virus itself doesn't seem all that concerning, the man clearly caught the virus here so he's hardly the first case of the virus in Thailand.

Shhhhhhh... The Thai authorities don't want anyone to realize this.  Now they will come knocking on your door.  LOL.