Don't THEY have the holiday calendar at hand?

Sure I am not the first to fall in this trap and I should know about Thai holidays, mea culpa.

But that immigration stamps you to come back on a holiday?

Just realized when reading about the oncoming holiday closures (July 28 and 29, August 12).

Should I try my luck on Thursday, August 11? Monday 15 is the last admitted until day.

underconsiderationstamp.jpg

The dates for yearly extensions, 90 day reports and under consideration date stamps are all generated by the computer and it does not take the weekends or the holidays listed into account so it shows the operator what date to stamp in the passport.

14 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

The dates for yearly extensions, 90 day reports and under consideration date stamps are all generated by the computer and it does not take the weekends or the holidays listed into account so it shows the operator what date to stamp in the passport.

And using common sense and not telling you to report back on a date they are closed is out of the question.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Sure I am not the first to fall in this trap and I should know about Thai holidays, mea culpa.

But that immigration stamps you to come back on a holiday?

Just realized when reading about the oncoming holiday closures (July 28 and 29, August 12).

Should I try my luck on Thursday, August 11? Monday 15 is the last admitted until day.

underconsiderationstamp.jpg

Can you not go up to two weeks early? Go tomorrow?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andycoops said:

I frequently get 90 day reports etc stamped for a Saturday or Sunday.

I simply go before the required date.

The difference is that for 90 day report there are clear rules for doing early or after the due date.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could try on the 11th or wait until Monday the 15th.

I will try the 11th. 15th is the last day of the visa exempt stay.

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The difference is that for 90 day report there are clear rules for doing early or after the due date.

It will not be a problem after the 15th since the under consideration stamp allows you to stay until the visa application is approved.

10 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Your visa exempt end date is irrelevant now that you have the "under consideration stamp".

You can go on 15th, 16th .... you could even go on 19th, just say sorry that you are late and it won't be a problem.

On 7/26/2022 at 2:08 PM, ubonjoe said:

Not unusual for them to do the report back date on holidays and weekends.

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay in the country until your application is approved. The report back date is just that and is not the end of the under consideration period.

assume this stamp is related to the initial 90 day Non-O, and not for subsequent extensions, it'll be a real pain if they start doing under-considerations for annual retirement extensions, it's bad enough that some offices have started come back tomorrow for your stamps.

4 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

assume this stamp is related to the initial 90 day Non-O, and not for subsequent extensions, it'll be a real pain if they start doing under-considerations for annual retirement extensions, it's bad enough that some offices have started come back tomorrow for your stamps.

The under consideration stamp is only needed for visa and extension applications that have to be approved at the division level of immigration. For example extensions based upon marriage to a Thai and in some cases extensions based upon working. 

On 7/26/2022 at 2:08 PM, ubonjoe said:

Not unusual for them to do the report back date on holidays and weekends.

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay in the country until your application is approved. The report back date is just that and is not the end of the under consideration period.

Happened to me last year. Turned on the first  date after holiday. They said under consideration not yet ready come back in three weeks (no further stamp added to my passport) the extension of stay was finally put in my passport eight weeks after due date