Price of a Pint of Guinness in Pattaya.

Jumbo1968

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Why ?

it's a hovel. clientele are dour, poorly-dressed dudes and the service is subpar. their "English breakfast" is a crime against humanity.

sorry champ, but Chang/Singha wife-beaters, shorts and flip-flops is not a good look.

28 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

it's a hovel. clientele are dour, poorly-dressed dudes and the service is subpar. their "English breakfast" is a crime against humanity.

sorry champ, but Chang/Singha wife-beaters, shorts and flip-flops is not a good look.

What does it matter how some one dresses, you are being very judgemental, every one in general wears flip flops and shorts in Thailand and Asia or do you wear. a 3 piece suite when you go out ?

What do you drink Gin and Tonic with your pinky in the air.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

What does it matter how some one dresses, you are being very judgemental, every one in general wears flip flops and shorts in Thailand and Asia or do you wear. a 3 piece suite when you go out ?

What do you drink Gin and Tonic with your pinky in the air.

It matters a lot. If you do not recognize that you might now want to contemplate about mishaps that happended to you in the past. When I go out I sometimes wear indeed at least a 2 piece suit. Depends where I go. And Gin and Tonic is the favourite of one of the former world champions in cocktail mixing, Peter Roth, which I happen to know personally.

Lets forget about the pinky - does not fit into the picture.

Edited by moogradod
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, moogradod said:

Interesting. I did like it. A good example how tastes may differ even if your taste is against the majority. But maybe you like Som Tam Isaan Style. And maybe it depends on the circumstances as well where a "rats push" as you put it so eloquently might be refreshing when ice cold...

To be precise it is not Pattaya but Sattahip, but my wife and me are in the city nearly every day - thats where we shop.

Your Watney's tipple of choice was never very liked in the UK but there was not much competition around, until the 70's, when it lost out to the competition. 

9 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I've only been in there once but service was good, many girls working there, maybe they were ignoring you

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I wouldn't worry too much about what other people wear.... laziness, frugality and the tropical climate all have their influence.....

• Like 1

Get a pint of Guinness from different parts of the world 

in front of you lot,  put a blind fold on. let you taste it.

And let you tell us where it was brewed and you would most likely all get it wrong. 

Could even slip a pint of bitter in after the 5th or 6th go and no one would notice.

Just now, Orinoco said:

Get a pint of Guinness from different parts of the world 

in front of you lot,  put a blind fold on. let you taste it.

And let you tell us where it was brewed and you would most likely all get it wrong. 

Could even slip a pint of bitter in after the 5th or 6th go and no one would notice.

Nonsense.....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RayWright said:

Seam to recall Mr. Smoke-Too-Much never had any issues encountering Watney's Red Barrel whilst reminiscing about his previous Spanish holidays to Mr. Bounder Of Adventure!

That was a great Python sketch.

10 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I'd sacrifice my left nut to never step foot in that hellhole ever again ????

Bad pint or one of the lovely girl staff rejected you?

Sounds like you want Thailand to be just like your home country????

<deleted>!

• Like 1

Just now, Lucky Bones said:

Hmmmm....doubt if I would notice anything after the 5th or 6th????????

You were simply taking a 'taste' of each..... rather than chugging it.

Guinness is rather filling!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RayWright said:

Seam to recall Mr. Smoke-Too-Much never had any issues encountering Watney's Red Barrel whilst reminiscing about his previous Spanish holidays to Mr. Bounder Of Adventure!

Yes. A plus was that the casks travelled well. The minus was the taste, home or away. They dropped the price but still lost market. Popular with teenagers  - cheap as chips - remember the Party 4's and 7's in tin casks?

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Yes. A plus was that the casks travelled well. The minus was the taste, home or away. They dropped the price but still lost market. Popular with teenagers  - cheap as chips - remember the Party 4's and 7's in tin casks?

Ah yes, the Party 7s.

Somebody would arrive with one at a  party, open one side of the can with a church key opener and Whoosh, beer fountain for 10 seconds or more.

All part of the fun.

But, back on topic, Guinness.

Edited by Thujone
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I wouldn't worry too much about what other people wear.... laziness, frugality and the tropical climate all have their influence.....

nah they're just dags. Pattaya City office needs to contract Carson Kressley and the boys to fly in and give them all a huuuuuge makeover ????

2 hours ago, jonbeen said:

Couple of bars sold it on draught   150 a pint  best drink i ever tasted in thailand

If you can find it you should try St Miguel Dark. Retox used to have it occasionally years ago.

6 hours ago, jonbeen said:

Couple of bars sold it on draught   150 a pint  best drink i ever tasted in thailand

Where and how long ago was this as I don't think I ever came across it when I was looking?

3 hours ago, roger101 said:

If you can find it you should try St Miguel Dark. Retox used to have it occasionally years ago.

Yes I tried that at the time but was never that impressed - especially as they often had cans of Abbott or similar available.