Price of a Pint of Guinness in Pattaya.

Jumbo1968

21 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Anyone mentioned Guinness in a can and an ultrasonic frother/surger? That is how many pubs in UK sell it.

Never took to that canned 'draught' having a preference for the Murphys version. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/29/2022 at 6:04 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

I have had some Guinness in the Metro Sports Bar in LK Metro, 220 baht a pint, tbh the same as in the U.K., fully air conditioned and over 12. TVs, no girls pestering you. Around 30 farangs in the bar,  the Thai lady knew exactly how to pour it albeit I think she was was frustrated she had to do 75% let it settle then 25% to top it up.

i spoke with owner, very popular seller he sad, it was imported from Dublin unfortunately when the current stock runs it out it takes a month for the next delivery. I am not sure why they didn’t re order before they ran out ?

We re-order all the time. Unfortunately, the local supplier runs out and can never tell us when they are getting more from the importer in Bangkok. We live in hope that the "logistic issues and supply chain issues" which Guinness in Dublin told me was the issue will be ironed out sooner rather than later. 

2 hours ago, Dennis M said:

We re-order all the time. Unfortunately, the local supplier runs out and can never tell us when they are getting more from the importer in Bangkok. We live in hope that the "logistic issues and supply chain issues" which Guinness in Dublin told me was the issue will be ironed out sooner rather than later. 

I was in the Metro on Sunday, great pint of Guinness served at the right temperature not to chilled by a Thai lady who knew how pour it, 75%, let it settle then top up the other 25%.

Edited by Jumbo1968
  • Thanks 1