Four armed robbers force wealthy French man and wife to lie on floor in 2M+ nighttime robbery in NE

webfact

What? Insurance fraud hasn't been suggested yet? What's wrong with you guys? That's usually the first think that comes up anytime an Indian tourist gets his gold chain snatched down in Pattaya? There isn't a double standard going on here, is there? Everybody knows that wouldn't be right, right?

:heart_001:????:heart_001:

[radio transmission noise]

This 'woke' moment has been brought to you courtesy of Gecko123. Normal programing will now resume.

[radio transmission noise]

Edited by Gecko123
  • Haha 2

Thank god, my neighbours think I'm 'poor'...

What do you think will happen in an age like this? Developing country, desperate people, and the guy, possibly, flaunting his wealth and telling people about his expensive watch business... I always tell people that my money is in the bank - you want it, you'll have to rob the bank.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Property seems very exposed but I suspect this was an inside job !

Of course, it was! Well planned, incl. 'when the owners would return with cash and expensive watches'. (They returned at the weekend, so what would he do with his euros; deposit them in a CDM? Obviously, not.)

Someone gathered a lot of information over time. (Maybe the owner sells some of his watches online in Thailand?)

And the relatively remote location made them an easy target.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Thank god, my neighbours think I'm 'poor'...

What do you think will happen in an age like this? Developing country, desperate people, and the guy, possibly, flaunting his wealth and telling people about his expensive watch business... I always tell people that my money is in the bank - you want it, you'll have to rob the bank.

Brazil or any poorer S-American country soon? 

• Like 1

His house design is unsuitable for keeping cash and valuables. You see, if you're going to keep lots of cash and expensive watches in your home, when you design your house you should create bends and corners and even a second floor or basement so that you can build a secret room. A staircase leading down under the main sofa to a basement where there is a secret room leading off the main underground room would be one way to do this. The thieves wouldn't be clever enough to realise what the bookcase or mirror was hiding. You have to have bends and corners if you're going to make one on the ground floor. His house design is too simple to do this.

26 minutes ago, keystonecoppers2 said:

Hummin!    In the garden. They won`t find it even is they engage

the whole school that sometimes clean the beach,

to do some digging. Deviation and deception are the words!

Just make sure that your will states where the gold is buried.

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Brazil or any poorer S-American country soon? 

I don't see living standards for 90% of Thais to improve in the next years, on the contrary. There are way more people unemployed than official statistics reveal, and many are heavily indebted.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

7 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I don't see living standards for 90% of Thais to improve in the next years, on the contrary. There are way more people unemployed than official statistics reveal, and many are heavily indebted.

Yeah, but still there is no poverty alike S-American countries or anything alike Philippines, and also the birth rate in Thailand is very low in comparison. 

I believe Thailand will gain more wealth alike Japan the next decades with help from China, both infrastructure and production and as well technology. Read I believe

• Sad 1

drive a nice car, watch out falang!!

nice motorbike, follow you home falang!!

nice clothes, be on the lookout falang!!

tell neighbors you are retired, you are rich falang!!

nice phone, be careful falang!!

this is not your country, come here to the Land of the Poor and show off your wealth!!!  shame, shame, shame, materialistic humans!!!

send me your money and I will take on this burden, but I need an apartment in BKK next to an embassy in case I'm targeted. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Irrelevant and none of anyone's business.

It's both relevant and everyone's business.

You want all crimes in the world to be reported without a financial sum attached????????  More information the better, of course!!!!  I want more information!!! 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Strange but true comment. 

It confuses me why people become negative living in Thailand. I see so many sad, negative foreigners, everyday. 

How is it possible, maybe these negative people were born negative or they haven't managed their lifestyle, failed marriage, losing wealth due to failed business etc., what's going on. 

Thailand has been my home for over 20 years, I've never been a negative person, my positive attitude grows every day, I'm a very lucky guy to have the opportunity to live in this beautiful country. 

You have only to read the many negative comments posted on this site to form that view.

Yet these people are still living here.

Like you I am happy living here and my only negative views are about the poor standard of driving and high tax on important wine.

However, as I am unable to change or influence either I get on with life.

Maybe there is some point in having bars on all the windows and doors. I always thought it was unnecessary, but humuored the Missus with our house.

Of course, a determined thief can crash through the barred door, but it would take time and maybe allow you/Missus call the cops.

25 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:
28 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Irrelevant and none of anyone's business.

It's both relevant and everyone's business.

No, it isn't.  What's the relevance of whether import duty was paid or even required to be paid?   And how is it anyone's business but his?

• Like 1

Even me, who has the reputation of cheapest Charlie was robbed. I had to pose a lock on the fridge, sabotage my motorbike  and bicycles when I was not home, tools disapperas on regular basis, and burglars comes at night, incredible Isaan. Countryside Sakon Nakhon, ...that I was happy to leave forever...

• Sad 1

Living in the center of a village is my preference and choice, not because of high crime rate as I believe it is very low. But being wealthy and living isolated in a country where poverty is the norm, isolation is not advisable. Low crime rate does not mean there is no risk when you are considered wealthy and also an easy pick for burglars. 

• Like 1

Don't have time to read through every post.

No one in the past 15 years should think Security is absolute.

I'd recommend, insurance, dogs, security cameras, motion sensor lights, security system with motion, open/close detection and fence or gate to slow the entry or exit by vehicle.

You are generally trying to slow, deter, become aware to escape or retreat, and notify police and possibly aid in identifying the perpetrators.