School bus driver abandons child who dropped his bag - kid was told to find his own way to school

webfact

image.jpeg

Sanook Thai Caption: Child abandoned by the road

A post on Facebook on a "so you wanna be famous site" featured a story and video about an abandoned child on the way to school.

A member of the public in a car first found a school bag then the owner, a young child, wandering about clearly looking for it.

The child told the man that he had dropped his bag on the way to school and the driver told him that he had to go back and look for it and find another way to get to school.

The poster took pity on the boy and took him to school himself.

He called the incident terrible.

It happened on Route 304 in the area of Pak Thong Chai district, Nakhon Ratchasima, NE Thailand. 

Sanook called it a "student drama".

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-07-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

I had my kid working in the diamond mines at the age of 8 months.  Building cars by the age of 3, and Bitcoin mining before he was five.  Kids nowadays.......

Here's what SHOULD have happened.  ANOTHER kid, or this kid (if he has a phone), calls their parents and says, "Mom, Dad, the driver just abandoned a kid on the side of the road!!!"  These kids have phones and need to report bad, criminal behavior.   Maybe I'm asking too much with kids these ages, but I hope they told the school when they got there.

What excuse is this driver going to tell the kid's parents?  I'd love to hear that ridiculous conversation.

I do miss the West when it comes to these things.....as you know, in the West, oh this becomes a big story...............and people get sued.  

You left it late to get him started

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

They really have a way with children, don't they?

Different example: 2 bigger/stronger/loud P1 boys, both seated at the back of the class room, were regularly molesting girls in the same class. Turns out one boy was holding girls from behind, the other boy pulling their panties down and fingering them.

Old female teacher knew about it and told all the students to never mention it.

Teacher did nothing/said nothing to the 2 errant boys or their parents.

One girl who had been molested sereral time told her parents one evening. Next morning parents appraoched the teacher who tried to change the subject and then inisted she had a lot of tasks and was too busy to take care of this matter.

Parents asked the teacher:

- If the parents of the 2 errant boys had been told. Answer 'No because I am frightened of them'.

- If the headmistress had been told. Answer 'No because the headmistress won't listen she insists that teachers must take care of these matters'.

Parents get more serious with the old teacher 'What are you going to do?'. Answer 'At the start of next semester I'll move the 2 errant boys to the front of the class and tell them they cannot move to the back of the class.

Parents contacted the school director who insisted that the teacher must do something and then hung up.

End of semester came up and at the end of first day of the new semester parents of the girl mentioned above went to the class room half hour before end of the day. The 2 errant boys sitting at the rear of the class yelling and harrassing other kids. Teacher at the front talking to the class nobody listening to her.

Parents called the police. A female officer was nearby and came quickly. Teacher got forced retirement next day. Police officer contacted someone in HO of ED. Ministry at Sanam Luang in Bkk. Headmistress got forced very early retirement.

New teacher came from another school. Police lady sat most of the day in the back of the class room and spoke to the 2 running wild boys several times and told them to behave themselves. At end of second day police lady waited for the parents of both 2 errant boys and took them (with the new teacher and new headmistress) to the local police station.

After some investigation the parents of the 2 errant boys were told 1 parent of each boy had to sit in the class room near their son, all day, and discipline the boy. Parents were fined (don't know how many Baht.) 

Now some action (but I don't reallly support severe corporal punishment) immediately an errant boy misbehaved or disrupted the class the parent produced a large thick stick and walked the kid around the class room while many times hitting the kid strongly on his backside and on the back of his legs. 

After this happened twice to both boys they became very timid and behaved themselves. 

Police woman came back twice a day for a week. No further problems.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Different example: 2 bigger/stronger/loud P1 boys, both seated at the back of the class room, were regularly molesting girls in the same class. Turns out one boy was holding girls from behind, the other boy pulling their panties down and fingering them.

One girl who had been molested sereral time told her parents one evening. Next morning parents appraoched the teacher who tried to change the subject and then inisted she had a lot of tasks and was too busy to take care of this matter.

- If the parents of the 2 errant boys had been told. Answer 'No because I am frightened of them'.

- If the headmistress had been told. Answer 'No because the headmistress won't listen she insists that teachers must take care of these matters'.

Parents get more serious with the old teacher 'What are you going to do?'. Answer 'At the start of next semester I'll move the 2 errant boys to the front of the class and tell them they cannot move to the back of the class.

Parents contacted the school director who insisted that the teacher must do something and then hung up.

End of semester came up and at the end of first day of the new semester parents of the girl mentioned above went to the class room half hour before end of the day. The 2 errant boys sitting at the rear of the class yelling and harrassing other kids. Teacher at the front talking to the class nobody listening to her.

Parents called the police. A female officer was nearby and came quickly. Teacher got forced retirement next day. Police officer contacted someone in HO of ED. Ministry at Sanam Luang in Bkk. Headmistress got forced very early retirement.

New teacher came from another school. Police lady sat most of the day in the back of the class room and spoke to the 2 running wild boys several times and told them to behave themselves. At end of second day police lady waited for the parents of both 2 errant boys and took them (with the new teacher and new headmistress) to the local police station.

After some investigation the parents of the 2 errant boys were told 1 parent of each boy had to sit in the class room near their son, all day, and discipline the boy. Parents were fined (don't know how many Baht.) 

Now some action (but I don't reallly support severe corporal punishment) immediately an errant boy misbehaved or disrupted the class the parent produced a large thick stick and walked the kid around the class room while many times hitting the kid strongly on his backside and on the back of his legs. 

After this happened twice to both boys they became very timid and behaved themselves. 

I guess sometimes you just need a big stick for some people.

They should have been forced into an all boys school. Let's see how far they get with their fingers there.

You missed the part where the victim's parents asked for money to compensate for all the molesting, I think.

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Driver got his training in Britain!

Are you kidding? How could you see something involving driving in Thailand of all places and think it's a good opportunity to take a pop at British drivers?  

1, Something like a bag falling out of a bus and a child having to look for it would never be allowed to happen - there would have been health and safety checks and risks assessments to prevent it.  2, A school bus driver in Britain would be publicly flogged if he did anything that might put a child in danger, they would have waited for back-up and a suitable licenced and insured adult would have been sent to get the bag.

I know you hate White people, but you're way off base on this one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

just an example about education by parents/ school and police.... Some kids don't listen because they know they are backed up, only a stick will help sometimes and if there is a dilligent teacher that staples a note on a shirt to prevent these situations the whole country is falling over her/him..... If the parents don't educate and the school can't do put them in an boarding school or in re education program...But this is Thailand

51 minutes ago, 2009 said:

I guess sometimes you just need a big stick for some people.

They should have been forced into an all boys school. Let's see how far they get with their fingers there.

You missed the part where the victim's parents asked for money to compensate for all the molesting, I think.

Just your assumption, not everrybody does that.

On the other hand is it not common for people to sue for compensation etc., in most cases in many so called advanced countries?

10 hours ago, 300sd said:

How can a child drop a bag from a moving school bus?

Yes of course they sit outside on the roof or stand at the back of an open bus. What a joke all around. The driver is trash and so are the transport rules for children in this country. Pathetic.

Guessing you haven't seen some school buses that service villages?

Probably haven't got the full story here.

10 hours ago, scorecard said:

Just your assumption, not everrybody does that.

On the other hand is it not common for people to sue for compensation etc., in most cases in many so called advanced countries?

I've never heard of parents suing for financial compensation for their child's sexual assault or rape (in other countries).

Seems common in Thailand. 

10 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Guessing you haven't seen some school buses that service villages?

Probably haven't got the full story here.

Yes I have. One goes by with kids on the roof everyday. I have 200,000 km on my car. I've been around. No we don't have the full story and it doesn't matter. You don't leave school children on the side of the road if you are a school bus driver, unless they are at their prescribed pickup place with their caregiver, period. I don't care what country you are from! The driver needs to never work at this kind of job again and the sad state of school busing in this country probably matches the education system. I see school buses that couldn't pass a 2 minute inspection. Just some jerk driving kids to school for a baht or two and couldn't care less about the children. Most likely the drivers would not pass a two minute inspection either. Innocent children deserve better.

4 minutes ago, 300sd said:

Yes I have. One goes by with kids on the roof everyday. I have 200,000 km on my car. I've been around. No we don't have the full story and it doesn't matter. You don't leave school children on the side of the road if you are a school bus driver, unless they are at their prescribed pickup place with their caregiver, period. I don't care what country you are from! The driver needs to never work at this kind of job again and the sad state of school busing in this country probably matches the education system. I see school buses that couldn't pass a 2 minute inspection. Just some jerk driving kids to school for a baht or two and couldn't care less about the children. Most likely the drivers would not pass a two minute inspection either. Innocent children deserve better.

Fair call. My comment was only about the ability for a bag to fall down.

So far we only have one side of the story but yes, kids should never be "abandoned". Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 300sd said:

I wonder if there is any official process involved to check:

- Does the driver actually have any drivers license?

- Does the driver have a past record of collisions or failure to follow laws (e.g. auto notices for running red lights, etc)?

• Like 1