Truss surges ahead, wins key backers in U.K. leadership race for prime minister

onthedarkside

43 minutes ago, Loiner said:

We had a perfectly acceptable PM who was voted in by a landslide election win. Very undemocratically, he was ousted by the losing opposition, combined MSM, and a few opportunist back stabbers. How stupid is that?

The privileged chancer, who is serving out his notice as PM, was unceremoniously dumped by his own party. No one else had the authority to remove him.

It's factually incorrect to blame the opposition, MSM, the EU, East Europeans migrants or anyone else for his demise.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, baboon said:

He was ousted by his own party and was the worst Prime Minister we have ever had.

Stabbed in the back by power plotting turncoats after been brought down by the left wing masses. As the Prime Minister who actually got us out of the EU, he goes down in history as one of the best we ever had.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Stabbed in the back by power plotting turncoats after been brought down by the left wing masses. As the Prime Minister who actually got us out of the EU, he goes down in history as one of the best we ever had.

He was ousted by his own party for his never ending lies and corruption. He leaves in disgrace. He is the worst Prime Minister we have had by a country mile and good riddance to the swine.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RayC said:

The privileged chancer, who is serving out his notice as PM, was unceremoniously dumped by his own party. No one else had the authority to remove him.

It's factually incorrect to blame the opposition, MSM, the EU, East Europeans migrants or anyone else for his demise.

What brought Johnson down was Johnson himself, when all is said and done.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RayC said:

Yes, his final days were a disgraceful display by the Tory party, but it did not start with renegade cabinet resignations. There had been a concerted campaign by the Left and MSM & BBC witch hunt since he became their disapproved PM; won a landslide election victory with 'their' red wall seats; and finally got us out of their beloved EU. Muck raking and trumped allegations then followed incessantly in the press and PMQs for the most minor of transgressions, culminating in the current left/press hysteria.

Not sure how you think the East European migrants had a hand in this though?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, baboon said:

He was ousted by his own party for his never ending lies and corruption. He leaves in disgrace. He is the worst Prime Minister we have had by a country mile and good riddance to the swine.

He was ousted when Rishi Sunak saw an opportunity for the top job. He leaves as one of the best, Tony Blair taking the worst ever slot.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

He was ousted when Rishi Sunak saw an opportunity for the top job. He leaves as one of the best, Tony Blair taking the worst ever slot.

So that's the third time you have changed your story.

He was ousted by his own party who had finally had enough of scandal after scandal after scandal. He leaves in disgrace as the worst Prime Minister we have ever had.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Yes, his final days were a disgraceful display by the Tory party, but it did not start with renegade cabinet resignations. There had been a concerted campaign by the Left and MSM & BBC witch hunt since he became their disapproved PM; won a landslide election victory with 'their' red wall seats; and finally got us out of their beloved EU. Muck raking and trumped allegations then followed incessantly in the press and PMQs for the most minor of transgressions, culminating in the current left/press hysteria.

If the MSM were that biased and powerful, it wouldn't just be the PM that was about to change. 

Whenever something doesn't go to plan, you always look for a scapegoat. It's always somebody else's fault. You are simply unable to face facts.

23 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Not sure how you think the East European migrants had a hand in this though?

You always seem to blame the East Europeans, so I assumed it would be no different this time. My mistake.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, baboon said:

So that's the third time you have changed your story.

He was ousted by his own party who had finally had enough of scandal after scandal after scandal. He leaves in disgrace as the worst Prime Minister we have ever had.

Have I? What were the other two stories about, cos I can’t remember anything different. 

Who were the ones trying to find old minor misdemeanours (someo not even Boris’s) and hyping them to be a scandal? Ah yes, the left and MSM. Think I’m pretty constant on that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

Sunak after being a notably prolific spender as the Chancellor professed at the start of his campaign, to be a careful PM who would be sure to delay tax cuts until the UK had started balancing it's books . . .

Thereby he sealed his fate ! He may have been quite right but a hard pressed electorate want tax cuts NOW !

Bye bye Rishi ?

It’s not about what the electorate want, it’s about what the Tory Constituency Party members want.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Have I? What were the other two stories about, cos I can’t remember anything different. 

Who were the ones trying to find old minor misdemeanours (someo not even Boris’s) and hyping them to be a scandal? Ah yes, the left and MSM. Think I’m pretty constant on that.

He made an outrageously disgustingly racist comment about bananas , he also said something about Watermelons as well .

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Excellent news for the opposition, dreadful news for the country.

Her tax plans will strip public services of the funds they need while driving up inflation.

The inevitable outcome will be increased interest rates hitting home buyers and all who are struggling with debt.

If my  memory serves me right, there was on a ratio of something like 4 savers for every borrower ,and as a UK saver a rise in interest rates would not go a miss .and I would say a lot of people would agree.

People in debt ,with a lot it is the want , want ,when I was last working in the UK excluding mortgages the average debt was  12 000 GBP,that was a few years ago ,mainly on plastic .

As for home buying my first mortgage in  1978 I was paying 15% interest ,and we managed,what is it today .as I said it is the want ,want culture. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kickstart said:

If my  memory serves me right, there was on a ratio of something like 4 savers for every borrower ,and as a UK saver a rise in interest rates would not go a miss .and I would say a lot of people would agree.

People in debt ,with a lot it is the want , want ,when I was last working in the UK excluding mortgages the average debt was  12 000 GBP,that was a few years ago ,mainly on plastic .

As for home buying my first mortgage in  1978 I was paying 15% interest ,and we managed,what is it today .as I said it is the want ,want culture. 

You're leaving out one teeny weeny itsy bitsy factor: the cost of housing. The average cost of a home in the UK is now 12 times as much as it was in 1983. That's as far back as the Halifax Housing Index goes. So most likely costs were even lower in 1978.

image.png.4d789f3a7ee84ed2f54e0d6ff12e49c1.png

"The Halifax House Price Index is the UK's longest running monthly house price series with data covering the whole country going back to January 1983. From this data, a "standardised" house price is calculated and property price movements on a like-for-like basis (including seasonal adjustments) are analysed over time."

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/average-house-prices#:~:text=Average House Prices in the United Kingdom averaged 125416.12 GBP,United Kingdom Average House Prices.

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He was brought down by two bi-election defeats, a direct result of his own lies, incompetence and corruption.

But of course, it’s always somebody else’s fault.

The by-election results were a voter reaction to the constant MSM anti-Boris hype and him not finishing off a proper Brexit. 

Nobody cares about the left’s supercilious grandstanding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

It’s been very clear over the past few months and more, that it’s definitely the left & MSM fault. 

No it isn't. You just made that up. Johnson screwed himself due to his arrogance and corruption to the point when he was compelled to resign in disgrace. Ousted by his own party.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

This is untrue. The 'MSM' in the UK overwhelmingly supports the Tories. The Daily Mail (the rag that supported Hitler), The Sun, The Star, The Times, The Telegraph, The Express versus what: The Mirror and The Guardian. 

Any anti-Johnson hype is a result of their editors and Non Dom owners backing another horse, now they consider Johnson a liability. 

All completely true.
MSM support Boris - what alternative universe are you calling from??

You forgot the left biased BBC, ITV, Sly News, Channel 4 and the rest. The general public get those beamed into their living rooms without going out to buy the Garuniad or Mirror. 
The press has hated Boris for a long time and in the past couple of months have made that brazenly obvious. They never backed a horse called Boris. 

8 minutes ago, baboon said:

No it isn't. You just made that up. Johnson screwed himself due to his arrogance and corruption to the point when he was compelled to resign in disgrace. Ousted by his own party.

Nothing made up about a couple of years of anti-Boris sentiment, plus the last few months of anti-Boris MSM hysteria witch hunt.  
If you have been camping out in Nakhon Nowhere you could have missed it I suppose. 

13 minutes ago, baboon said:

The BBC has everyone shouting at them. Too Left! Too Right!

Sky News is Murdoch.

ITV I don't know.

GBeebies - Right wing.

And their rival set up by Murdoch, right wing.

You are on a hiding to nothing at this point. Johnson is a corrupt liar who was ousted by his party and resignes in disgrace.

Ousted by the combined left and MSM, then stabbed in the back by his own. This is not democracy for the nation or voters.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Ousted by the combined left and MSM, then stabbed in the back by his own. This is not democracy for the nation or voters.  

And so you double down and double down again. 

He was ousted by his own party, due to his lies, corruption and scandals. The owners of the MSM disowned him, as did his party.

You don't get to fabricate history on here as long as I have anything to do with it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

All completely true.
MSM support Boris - what alternative universe are you calling from??

You forgot the left biased BBC, ITV, Sly News, Channel 4 and the rest. The general public get those beamed into their living rooms without going out to buy the Garuniad or Mirror. 
The press has hated Boris for a long time and in the past couple of months have made that brazenly obvious. They never backed a horse called Boris. 

You need to get over this.

• Like 2