U.S. President Biden's public approval rating falls to 38% new low in Gallup poll

onthedarkside

15 minutes ago, Screaming said:

A quote from Vice President Harris I am here, standing here on the northern flank, on the eastern flank, talking about what we have in terms of the eastern flank and our NATO allies, and what is at stake at this very moment, what is at stake this very moment are some of the guiding principles…”

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2022/03/the-six-worst-quotes-from-vice-president-kamala-harris/

It has been said that over 80 million voters voted for Harris as Vice President. Is this because of Affirmative Action or are the American citizens that stupid.

Yes, that quote was <deleted>. 

No, Harris isn't there because of affirmative action.

No, people didn't vote for Harris per se. Americans vote for president overwhelmingly based on the TOP of the ticket. VP picks are meant to help a little around the margins and do no harm to the ticket. 

Are Americans that stupid? Probably yes. They elected insurrectionist Trump in 2016 even though based on a minority of votes. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

I can understand why people thought the whole Hunter's Laptop thing was fake. The timing was just a bit too good etc. Yet it turns out that it was real. So now what do we do with the information? There are some seriously disturbing things coming out of it. I can only imagine what the media would have said if one of Trump's sons was a meth addict who used Russian hookers (contributing to human trafficking), carried an illegal firearm, slept with his other brother's widow, and fathered an illegitimate child with a stripper. 

As for Biden's approval rating, the only thing keeping him out of the 20% range is the dread fear that, should anything happen to him, Kammy from Cali would be the president.

I don't think people are particularly afraid of Harris becoming president. They just aren't excited by the thought. So IF Biden chooses not to run in 2024 Harris will probably run but she'll have some very strong competition. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Actually, it's mostly economic problems.  But thanks for imagining that you are the spokesperson for the American people.  What role do you think the Feds can play in suppressing crime. And tell me what administration has been successful in stopping the cartels? As for Afghanistan, it was the Trump administration that negotiated with the Taliban the Aug 31, 2021 withdrawal. 

Yes obviously mostly economics but I think also of great significance is that for whatever reasons Americans have fallen out of LIKE for Joe Biden the man. Before his numbers on likeability were remarkably high. That has faded and as age is a big issue, I don't think he has much chance of winning people back. Also of course perception of his effectiveness as a leader. It's not good. Policy wise at least for what he supports (hard to get much of it passed) he's still objectively quite excellent if you're a democrat or left of center independent. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes obviously mostly economics but I think also of great significance is that for whatever reasons Americans have fallen out of LIKE for Joe Biden the man. Before his numbers on likeability were remarkably high. That has faded and as age is a big issue, I don't think he has much chance of winning people back. Also of course perception of his effectiveness as a leader. It's not good. Policy wise at least for what he supports (hard to get much of it passed) he's still objectively quite excellent if you're a democrat or left of center independent. 

Don't be so sure of that. If this latest bill passes that could change people's attitude. What's more, Republicans have reversed themselves and now want to kill the Burn Pit bill that is supposed to address the harm suffered by veterans in Iraq who were exposed to all kinds of toxicity when various munitions in Iraq were destroyed by unsafe incineration practices. Maybe the Republicans secretly fear the second coming of Donald Trump and are trying to bail Biden out?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Don't be so sure of that. If this latest bill passes that could change people's attitude. What's more, Republicans have reversed themselves and now want to kill the Burn Pit bill that is supposed to address the harm suffered by veterans in Iraq who were exposed to all kinds of toxicity when various munitions in Iraq were destroyed by unsafe incineration practices. Maybe the Republicans secretly fear the second coming of Donald Trump and are trying to bail Biden out?

He can beat Trump.

I get your point.

Poll numbers matter most during elections.

Head to head with any republican and his support numbers will be way up from his current approval number.

That said I think the damage is done, mostly unfairly about the age issue. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He can beat Trump.

I get your point.

Poll numbers matter most during elections.

Head to head with any republican and his support numbers will be way up from his current approval number.

That said I think the damage is done, mostly unfairly about the age issue. 

Yes, if only people would have known  that he would be two years older in two years time, maybe they wouldn't have voted for him ?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

According to the LA Times, she has managed to be less popular than the previous FOUR vice presidents at this time in their term, including Dick Cheney. That's quite a feat! She is also two points below Joe Biden. Another impressive accomplishment.

https://www.latimes.com/projects/kamala-harris-approval-rating-polls-vs-biden-other-vps/

OK.

So what?

If Biden isn't running it will be a wide open primary.

Democrats welcome that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, that quote was <deleted>. 

No, Harris isn't there because of affirmative action.

No, people didn't vote for Harris per se. Americans vote for president overwhelmingly based on the TOP of the ticket. VP picks are meant to help a little around the margins and do no harm to the ticket. 

Are Americans that stupid? Probably yes. They elected insurrectionist Trump in 2016 even though based on a minority of votes. 

Jing, Canada did the same thing. Trudeau and the Liberals got elected but the Conservative Party got more votes.  

As for Harris being an affirmative action pick, of course that is impossible to prove.  But James Clyburn basically made it the price of his support- Joe picks a black running mate and Clyburn throws his considerable wieght behind the Biden campaign. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Jing, Canada did the same thing. Trudeau and the Liberals got elected but the Conservative Party got more votes.  

As for Harris being an affirmative action pick, of course that is impossible to prove.  But James Clyburn basically made it the price of his support- Joe picks a black running mate and Clyburn throws his considerable wieght behind the Biden campaign. 

Quite misleading. Canada has more than 2 parties, doesn't it? How many Canadians voted for the NDP? And what about the Bloc Qyebecois? Both the NDP and the Bloc Quebecois can be reasonably described as social democrats which puts them a lot closer to the liberals than to the conservatives. If you add up the liberal and ndp votes alone, that's a majority. Throw in the Bloc Quebecois and the Greens and it slightly tops 60 percent of the total number of votes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Canadian_federal_election

1 hour ago, AnnaBanana said:

So true.

Biden's falling poll numbers reflect a reality becoming too obvious to ignore.

Another Mencken quote expresses it very well:  "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Do you understand that the quote you cited actually runs exactly opposite to what you think it means?

18 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

According to the LA Times, she has managed to be less popular than the previous FOUR vice presidents at this time in their term, including Dick Cheney. That's quite a feat! She is also two points below Joe Biden. Another impressive accomplishment.

https://www.latimes.com/projects/kamala-harris-approval-rating-polls-vs-biden-other-vps/

Buttigieg edges out Biden among Democrats in New Hampshire poll

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/buttigieg-edges-out-biden-among-democrats-in-new-hampshire-poll/ar-AAZZGZN

Vote Pete!

Even Pothole Pete tops Biden. 

Pete vs Biden.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, placeholder said:

Actually, it's mostly economic problems.  But thanks for imagining that you are the spokesperson for the American people.  What role do you think the Feds can play in suppressing crime. And tell me what administration has been successful in stopping the cartels? As for Afghanistan, it was the Trump administration that negotiated with the Taliban the Aug 31, 2021 withdrawal. 

Wow! you really need to stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, michael87 said:

Buttigieg edges out Biden among Democrats in New Hampshire poll

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/buttigieg-edges-out-biden-among-democrats-in-new-hampshire-poll/ar-AAZZGZN

Vote Pete!

Even Pothole Pete tops Biden. 

Pete vs Biden.jpg

He's definitely a contender.

He has federal experience now and he's brilliant in debates and interviews. He's Midwestern.

He offers a newer kind of politics that's kind of hard to pigeonhole and that's probably a good thing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, howlee101 said:

Agree, but then he would have nothing to rant about.  Trump lives rent free in the heads of many on this forum.

Trump is running for president. He's totally on topic on a topic about Biden's poll numbers. Duh.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Trump is running for president. He's totally on topic on a topic about Biden's poll numbers. Duh.

I guess I missed the headline where Trump declared.  You must have insight into the minds of politicians.  What say you about Kamala's declaration for 2024? 

• Like 1