First trip to NANA PLAZA

kingstonkid

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Tell me, what is hilarious? That they can afford it? Or are you planning not to have sex after a certain age?

Oh BTW, what was the "hilarious motivation" that led you and your so called girlfriend to the largest brothel on the planet.

He wasn't in Germany! Or South America.

He was in fact in a very tame mum's and dad's american burger bar. Plastic,  anodyne,risk free,  respectable safe space with equally ersatz  food.

14 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

They do not go with customers BF and someone would be very fortunate to get one of their phone numbers.

Many of them are aspiring models, car show types they have little interest in old fat Falang as they are mostly interested in meeting someone younger with real money.

Don't know about 'fat old Falang' and certainly no BFing the way someone might do at an agogo, but let me just say it is possible to date a Hooters woman. They are human.

The women make quite good money---by Thai standards---working there. A woman who works in service at a typical restaurant will make something between 10K and 25K baht. A Hooters woman is paid 50K baht per month. There is also some cross pollination between Hooters and agogos. Some former Hooters women work agogos, and some former agogo women move on to Hooters and are okay with the pay cut to 'only' 50,000 per month.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Richard 2020 said:

Remember fondly the times in the "LUCKY STARS" bar at NANA from 1990 - 1996!

See and be seen!

And after midnight then into the "Thermae" was already a cool time ????

luckylukesa10007.jpg

thermae-coffee-shop-bar-bangkok-thailand-prostitutes.jpg

Never saw the attraction in the Thermae.

Too crowded, too loud to have a proper conversation and too dark to get a good look at a prospective.

The first version of Thermae was supposed to be better, but I unfortunately missed that.

Hollywood Royale in Nana was the cheese for me till after dawn ( none of those silly closing times there ).

Anyone know if the Eden Club is still operating? That was an experience to remember.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

They do not go with customers BF and someone would be very fortunate to get one of their phone numbers.

Many of them are aspiring models, car show types they have little interest in old fat Falang as they are mostly interested in meeting someone younger with real money.

They're too old to be aspiring models.

Mutton dressed as Lamb, not sure why they would work in hooters as opposed to renting out their mot for a lot more money??

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Richard 2020 said:

And after midnight then into the "Thermae" was already a cool time

And after 2am (or was it after midnight?) through the back entrance. 

I always forget if it was first through the kitchen and then the bathroom or the other way around.

No, I am not kidding.

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Und nach 2 Uhr morgens (oder war es nach Mitternacht?) durch den Hintereingang. 

Ich vergesse immer, ob es zuerst durch die Küche und dann durchs Bad ging oder umgekehrt.

Nein, ich scherze nicht.

Stairs down, on the right the (smelling) toilet, behind it immediately the kitchen...  ;-)
Was already a little strange to get used to.....
But it was just cool times...Earlier ;-)

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 4:08 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

After Covid I didn't visit Hooters in Soi 4. But before Covid they had probably the best lineup of the whole street. Definitely more top girls in there than in any of the gogo bars.

As far as I know in Hooters it's not usual that the customer takes the girls out. But looking at some of them: wow!

hooters-bangkok-soi15-girls-doing-wai.jpg.58e7bb0296220f0e3ca63f3ba4a92966.jpg

Top Girls you mean ladyboys or dominatrix 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 6.8.2022 at 08:38, thaibeachlovers said:

War die Bar „Lucky Lukes“ gegenüber von Lucky Stars oder war das ein späterer Name für Lucky Stars? Im Alter vergesslich werden.

Lucky Lukes was the first bar at the entrance to Nana Place on the right side.

At the end of the bar all the girls made her " WAI" and, or lit incense sticks at the Buddha statue standing there!

At least at my time....1990 up....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Top Girls you mean ladyboys or dominatrix 

Believe me, after 25 years Bangkok nightlife I can tell the difference - at least with 99%.

I think it's always funny how some people see ladyboys everywhere. Yes, they exist. But no, they are not everywhere. And at least on my few Hooter visits I never saw any of them working in Hooters.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Richard 2020 said:

Lucky Lukes was the first bar at the entrance to Nana Place on the right side.

I think I remember a former owner or manager of that place. He told me he had a sign on the wall for Muslims: I respect your religion and I won't serve you any alcohol.

????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Believe me, after 25 years Bangkok nightlife I can tell the difference - at least with 99%.

I think it's always funny how some people see ladyboys everywhere. Yes, they exist. But no, they are not everywhere. And at least on my few Hooter visits I never saw any of them working in Hooters.

Correct never saw one on our walks down to Hilary 1 to listen to live music, but outside on the sidewalk and corners going into the other areas the Ladyboys and Independents (Freelancers) always have been around.  Now on Sukhumvit between 17 and 7 there are ladyboy's everywhere and then the gaggle in front of the Ruamchitt Hotel, or inside the Thermae Cafe.  Been many years since I partook in the scene, but we walk along Sukhumvit nightly on our rounds from Sathorn to put in 12 km's for exercise and to people watch.

On 8/5/2022 at 7:56 PM, Thingamabob said:

The fun atmosphere on Patpong was killed by the introduction of the night market. IMO Nana Plaza has been the go to place ever since. Good to hear the action is picking up there.

Spot on re PP. Once the obstacle course was installed, it started to flag. Up to then it was by far the best in town. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Correct never saw one on our walks down to Hilary 1 to listen to live music, but outside on the sidewalk and corners going into the other areas the Ladyboys and Independents (Freelancers) always have been around.  Now on Sukhumvit between 17 and 7 there are ladyboy's everywhere and then the gaggle in front of the Ruamchitt Hotel, or inside the Thermae Cafe.  Been many years since I partook in the scene, but we walk along Sukhumvit nightly on our rounds from Sathorn to put in 12 km's for exercise and to people watch.

Hiring one of those streetworkers, male or female or anything in between, is anyhow a risk I wouldn't take. There is a reason why most of them work on the street.

• Like 1