I warned you all and was ridiculed for my efforts.

Adumbration

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

China have no interest in a war and causing trouble their economy is too intertwined with the west

So, why risking open war with India, and encroaching on Bhutanese territory (almost 2% of the country), and, this year, onto Nepali* territory? - China under Xi Jinping is on an expansionist course, and, IMHO, they are just waiting for 'the right time' (not unlike Putin's strategy). As for the economy, the recent lockdowns in China have shown that the economy for the CCP is only of secondary importance.

*https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-60288007

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And creating islands in the South China Sea and putting military bases on them. And then harassing all manner of boats and ships of nations whose territories thet Chinese have encroached on.

And naval bases, and planned bases in Sri Lanka, Africa, Sihanoukville, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Australia(!): Darwin...

Copying Japan's strategy from a hundred years ago, but better planned and much better financed, thanks to wealth-, know-how-, and labour transfers from the West to China over the past 40 years.

As Mark Twain said: "History never repeats itself, but it does often rhyme.” -

I think, about 90 to 100 years after the beginning of WW2 (1939) there will be 'much trouble'. 

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Thanks 1