Boris Johnson rules out immediate cost-of-living measures

Scott

Beautiful view of london with its famous buildings: big ben, palace of westminster, westminster bridge

vkstudio

Business group leader Tony Danker has urged ministers to "grip the emerging crisis", arguing it "made no sense to wait" for the next PM to arrive.

And Nicola Sturgeon, Scotland's first minister, has called for an urgent meeting with the devolved governments.

Downing Street said it recognised the public were facing "challenging times".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-62467987

BBC.jpg

• Sad 1

Cost of living crisis? It's the cost of lockdown crisis.

Funny how the likes of Sturgeon who were pushing for harder and harder lockdown measures are now at the front of the queue to complain that the proverbial financial chickens of such lockdowns are coming home to roost. Hopefully the little attention seeker is put back in her box for another year. People have enough problems without having to listen to her trying to cash in the crisis that was caused by policies she was pushing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

And while truss and sunak fiddle for the tory base and johnson does nothing, the country continues to suffer

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2022/aug/09/uk-energy-bills-forecast-to-hit-4266-from-january?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Thought you wanted Johnson out of it, now you want him back in it..

????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Johnson the law breaker never has been fit for purpose. The worst and most ridiculed PM since Chamberlin now to be followed by either a back stabber or a Thatcher wannabee.

And what does the alternative Bench offer...........????...?

I can guess, total confusion....????

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope, the fact he refuses to act as his role demands (mostly because he has no workable plans or ideas) shows how unfit he is for purpose. 

truss and sunak not agreeing to sit down with those who have a workable strategy (the last few weeks show truss does not) and come up with a plan of action they will both adhere to if they win shows they are equally unfit for office. 

You don't know what is being talked about behind closed doors, only what The Guardian tells you....

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

Yes you do seem confused. with such a crase reply totally out of context of my post But never mind , troll on. Again you have chosen to ruin a thread so like tiresome children you are best left to have your tantrums on your own. Bye bye for today, sleep well, happy dreams

Some folk don't like the truth, oh well.....????

12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I want a government that governs, not one that sits in the sun while the country goes down the rabbit hole. 

If johnson, sunak and truss cannot put aside their differences, sit down and agree on a series of measures designed to help the country, then they are beyond contempt and not fit for purpose. 

So you want Boris Jonhson to come back and Govern the Country ?

I can sort of understand that , didnt you want Boris to remain as PM and not to resign in the first place ?

Even if you want Boris as P.M. , he has now resigned from the position and his successor is being sought .

So until a new PM is in place , we just have to wait for that to happen

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

So you want Boris Jonhson to come back and Govern the Country ?

I can sort of understand that , didnt you want Boris to remain as PM and not to resign in the first place ?

Even if you want Boris as P.M. , he has now resigned from the position and his successor is being sought .

So until a new PM is in place , we just have to wait for that to happen

You’re repeating the same thing-just rewording it. 

Reread my last reply because the answer is the same. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I read from many sources and don’t rely on yahoo to tell me what to read.

I know truss, sunak and johnson are not putting together a plan of action. 

From the OP (which is the bbc by the way)

”Mr Johnson is due to leave office in early September, and No 10 said "by convention it is not for this prime minister to make major fiscal interventions during this period".

For shame. 

Sensible, but I am sure the blue chums are having a natter..????

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope, the fact he refuses to act as his role demands (mostly because he has no workable plans or ideas) shows how unfit he is for purpose. 

truss and sunak not agreeing to sit down with those who have a workable strategy (the last few weeks show truss does not) and come up with a plan of action they will both adhere to if they win shows they are equally unfit for office. 

That is not how it works.

Three people do not get together and form a plan of action .

Truss and Sunak put forward their plans for the future and the electorate vote on which person they prefer . 

The process of electing a new leader does not involve them both sitting down and coming to an agreement about the future ,

This is a leadership contest , it isnt a joint leadership . 

3 minutes ago, transam said:

So you think all the Blue MP's distance themselves behind locked doors................????

The govt under johnson’s final miserably inactive days have stated they will do nothing as the last two quotes, given in response to your posts, from the OP show. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

As I said, truss and sunak fiddle and dance the u turn foxtrot while johnson does nothing as the country disappears down the rabbit hole. 

Boris Johnson has resigned from his position as PM .

Truss and Sunak have applied for the job . 

We now have to wait to see who the next PM will be .

I know that you want Boris to return and to save the U.K from "disappearing down a sink hole" , but that's not his job anymore .

He resigned from that job 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The govt under johnson’s final miserably inactive days have stated they will do nothing as the last two quotes, given in response to your posts, from the OP show. 

But you and others here have continuously said Boris is a liar....... ????

• Confused 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Boris Johnson has resigned from his position as PM .

Truss and Sunak have applied for the job . 

We now have to wait to see who the next PM will be .

I know that you want Boris to return and to save the U.K from "disappearing down a sink hole" , but that's not his job anymore .

He resigned from that job 

See last reply to you as you are once more repeating the same already answered post. 

• Like 1

Just now, transam said:

But you and others here have continuously said Boris is a liar....... ????

I haven’t mentioned Johnson’s proclivity to lie once on this thread, one wonders why you resort to it when you are trying to scrabble out of that hole you are digging…

oh wait…

got it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bluespunk said:

See last reply to you as you are once more repeating the same already answered post. 

I am replying to your replies .

You seem to have little understanding of how politics works and also how conversations work .

You are avoiding answering my posts by using the usual "I already answered" avoidance technique 

• Like 1

Just now, Bluespunk said:

I haven’t mentioned Johnson’s proclivity to lie once on this thread, one wonders why you resort to it when you are trying to scrabble out of that hole you are digging…

oh wait…

got it. 

This thread, what about all the other Johnson threads......????

Now come on bluespunk...????

• Confused 1