Mountain B fire: Full extent of tragedy hits home in horrific story of Vietnamese lady "Nong Kim"

webfact

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

I guess you are mistaken. If they cared more about people then money they would be broke and could not provide any service. This is a really expensive patient and i can understand the hesitance of the hospital. They could be out of pocket a lot money. 

So many people are against mandatory heathcare as its to expensive but expect hospitals to treat them free. Bit of a contradiction. Its easy spending other peoples money and telling them what to do when it does not hit them personally. 

In this case the fault is totally with the club and its insurance and its safety. But people make it a problem of the BKK hospital. 

Best comment!

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

630,614.80 baht so far yep its certainly about BHP too. However my post was about the 10 hospitals who refused to treat her first, you may have noticed when you responded and you also said:

"It should be about the 10 hospitals that did refuse her treatment"

Again not totally correct but this thread isnt about you and me and we are spamming it. Just for clarity though. She was at Sirikit who were going to treat her. Her friend didnt want to wait so asked her doctor to take her elsewhere at which point the 10 other hospitals refused to treat her. Her friend then drove her to BHP in her private car. Her friend made the concious decison to take her there. Was aware of the cost and admitted her anyway. Private hospitals arent free. Regardless your jumping around is non sensical. Its about face. Its about government. Its about the hospitals that wouldnt treat her. Its about BHP. Good luck.

1 hour ago, starky said:

They got their deposit and they didn't refuse treatment which seems to be the salient point everyone is missing. It was when the bill went up over 600k baht and she could no longer afford to pay the bill and had no insurance that would cover it she was required to move.

Exactly what would happen to anyone. She lived here for 4 years maybe she should have considered health insurance.

It still comes across as vey mercenary... particularly to us from the West where health cover is provided and certainly cannot be refused. Likely accident cover or health cover would have helped her but young people do not think of those things.... the venue should have had liability insurance don't you think?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Am guessing they were kinda busy, never refused to treat her though.

Wasting your breath mate. Your one if the few showing any sense or rationality in this debate.

Just now, starky said:

Wasting your breath mate. Your one if the few showing any sense or rationality in this debate.

Yeah many delusional people have posted in this thread.

Anywho good to read Queen Savang Vadhana Memorial Hospital has stepped up to the plate and have taken over her recovery.

Just now, jacko45k said:

It still comes across as vey mercenary... particularly to us from the West where health cover is provided and certainly cannot be refused. Perhaps accident cover or health cover would have helped her but young people do not think of those things.... the venue should have had liability insurance don't you think?

Illegal venue operating illegally? What do you think. Free health care in the west in a private hospital? Yeah right?

Read it again mate. She was at Sirikit who were willing to treat her. Her friend drove her in her car to a private hospital . Paid the deposit so her friend could be treated. She was never refused treatment and no where in the west in a private hospital do you get free health care. Absolute nonsense.

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

I guess you are mistaken. If they cared more about people then money they would be broke and could not provide any service. This is a really expensive patient and i can understand the hesitance of the hospital. They could be out of pocket a lot money. 

So many people are against mandatory heathcare as its to expensive but expect hospitals to treat them free. Bit of a contradiction. Its easy spending other peoples money and telling them what to do when it does not hit them personally. 

In this case the fault is totally with the club and its insurance and its safety. But people make it a problem of the BKK hospital. 

Well said . Post of the thread. Another one with impartiality and common sense.

24 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have experience with the place in question... but why don't we stay on topic.

Sweet. What was your point again? Liability insurance for an illegal venue? Her lack of insurance? Or private hospitals operating for free?

4 minutes ago, starky said:

Sweet. What was your point again? Liability insurance for an illegal venue? Her lack of insurance? Or private hospitals operating for free?

More that the biggest hospital in town is prepared to kick out critical, immobile, patients if they can't pay any more. Sorry, you missed that point!

13 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

More that the biggest hospital in town is prepared to kick out critical, immobile, patients if they can't pay any more. Sorry, you missed that point!

Sorry you dont understand how private hospitals operate. How about the 10 public hospitals whos job it is to ACTUALLY treat her or Sirikit you mad at any of them? Lol.

Edited by starky

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I wasnt suggesting that hospitals treat patients for free .

I am saying that preserving life should should be their main priority and the bill being paid should be taken care of later . 

But as a business there is a high risk the bill wont be paid. Besides its the club its problem not the hospital and the girls problem for not having an insurance 2 people who are more responsible then the hospital yet you put all the risk with the hospital. Let me ask you this do you have health insurance. I bet you dont. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, starky said:

Sorry you dont understand how private hospitals operate. How about the 10 public hospitals whos job it is to ACTUALLY treat her or Sirikit you mad at any of them? Lol.

I would like to see hospitals in the region come together for such an incident.... not open themselves up to the highest bidder.... this was the scene at sirikit..

She rushed to Sirikit Hospital where she saw her dear friend in a pitiful state with 70-80% burns on her body on a gurney outside ER.

Medics were frantically running about as 10 terribly burned other victims were waiting in line for treatment. 

She described how her friend was screaming out in tortured agony.

I am mad at the people allowing tis venue to operate really, and not interested in your excuses for the behaviour of our largest hospital. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, starky said:

Its possible (although I don't believe it) the 10 hospitals (are there really that many government hospitals in Chonburi ?) simply do not have a burns unit that could treat a patient with such significant burns.

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

But as a business there is a high risk the bill wont be paid. Besides its the club its problem not the hospital and the girls problem for not having an insurance 2 people who are more responsible then the hospital yet you put all the risk with the hospital. Let me ask you this do you have health insurance. I bet you dont. 

No , I don't have health insurance , why is that relevant to the issue ?

I take that you have health insurance and you can get treated in an emergency and anyone else who doesn't have health insurance should be left to die ?

You're OK, but , others should just die ?

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

No , I don't have health insurance , why is that relevant to the issue ?

I take that you have health insurance and you can get treated in an emergency and anyone else who doesn't have health insurance should be left to die ?

You're OK, but , others should just die ?

People without insurance go to government hospitals.... Or show proof of funds to private ones !!

20 minutes ago, starky said:

The public hospitals are very basic , they do not have the means to treat people (80-90% burns) with such bad injuries .

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The public hospitals are very basic , they do not have the means to treat people (80-90% burns) with such bad injuries .

The lady is now at Queen Savang Vadhana Memorial Hospital in Sriracha, A public hospital.

1 hour ago, starky said:

Illegal venue operating illegally? What do you think. Free health care in the west in a private hospital? Yeah right?

Read it again mate. She was at Sirikit who were willing to treat her. Her friend drove her in her car to a private hospital . Paid the deposit so her friend could be treated. She was never refused treatment and no where in the west in a private hospital do you get free health care. Absolute nonsense.

Sirikit hospital may have been willing to treat her, but they didn't have time to provide her with the urgent help she needed! I don't hope that you someday will be in such a situation.

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That hospital is affiliated with a medical university , so she will get better treatment than a normal local  hospital

Hold on, your previous post said public hospitals do not have the facilities to treat a person with significant burns... are you now saying some do ?

You need to change user name to Mac Flipflopmanus !!.

Edited by Ralf001

10 minutes ago, Xonax said:

Sirikit hospital may have been willing to treat her, but they didn't have time to provide her with the urgent help she needed! I don't hope that you someday will be in such a situation.

Must have been an excruciating 40km ride for the girl to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya...... Bangkok Hospital Rayong was 15km closer........ How urgent was the help she needed ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Hold on, your previous post said public hospitals do not have the facilities to treat a person with significant burns... are you now saying some do ?

You need to change user name to Mac Flipflopmanus !!.

This  public hospital in particular that is affiliated with a University. 

University students train at that hospital , this is an anomaly as most public hospitals are not affiliated with a University .

Usual Public hospitals do not have the facilities to treat people with severe injuries , as the public hospital in question is affiliated with a University , that have better equipment (because the nurses need that equipment for training )

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Must have been an excruciating 40km ride for the girl to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya...... Bangkok Hospital Rayong was 15km closer........ How urgent was the help she needed ?

despicable and heartless post. no excuses for that response to any post

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, coolcarer said:

despicable and heartless post. no excuses for that response to any post

My bad for calling a spade a spade but if time was of the essence why go to a private hospital further away.... not to mention visiting 10 public hospitals before getting there.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Did you read the O.P.?

Ten local hospitals refused to treat her , (due to them not having the facilities to treat her ) and then she went to the expensive private hospital because they could treat her .

There's a young woman with 80 % burns to her body , and that quite possibly could kill her , and you are sat at home seemingly annoyed because she got treatment at a private hospital , which should be reserved for you because you pay insurance sand she doesn't .

Could have gone direct to Bangkok Hospital Rayong, 15km closer.

not sure why your butthurt on my insurance status, I now many who seek treatment at Bangkok hospital Pattaya and pay out of pocket because they prefer to self insure.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Does the bar venue have insurance in case of an accident or problem at their venue...?