Mountain B fire: Full extent of tragedy hits home in horrific story of Vietnamese lady "Nong Kim"

webfact

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

Don't bank on it... Wais and apologies are all your going to get...

don't bank on having all your treatment bills covered in full by the family..

An establishment that didn't have the correct licences therefore was operating illegally... and without public liability insurance cover.

This is Thailand... be careful where you go.

I was under the impression all these places had to close at midnight.

So anywhere open at 1am would be operating illegally and therefore not insured.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Thailand recently instituted an additional 300 baht per arrival (by air or land) fee that is supposed to provide "health insurance" for foreigners.

Let me guess, the money is being spent elsewhere and not on what it was meant for.

The recently added 300b insurance only covers for the first 30days in country.

Kim has been here for 4 years.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ukrules said:

Indeed, perhaps she was wondering why she wasn't in a medically induced coma, you know - like how they look after burn victims in hospitals throughout the world....

Heaven knows what goes on in her head beyond trauma!

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Thailand recently instituted an additional 300 baht per arrival (by air or land) fee that is supposed to provide "health insurance" for foreigners.

Let me guess, the money is being spent elsewhere and not on what it was meant for.

Health insurance in public hospitals or very limited capped at a certain baht coverage. Definitely not ongoing top flight private health cover in a private hospital. Jesus what do you expect for 300 baht?

Edited by starky

Life saving treatment should be performed for FREE for anyone in any hospital, without demanding a deposit or other financial guarantees.

Please post here, if you know a "Go fund me" initiative for victims of this horrible incident. First of all, I would like to donate to this victim without free healthcare, but also some of the severely burned Thai nationals with free healthcare, could probably need a helping hand.

Edited by Xonax
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, TheDutchEngineer said:

Asking for a deposit is not illegal but refusing medical care for any hospital is. Let this go to court and wait for the payment. No need to stress about it now. Let the hospital file a court case if they dare… this can take years… 

They got their deposit and they didn't refuse treatment which seems to be the salient point everyone is missing. It was when the bill went up over 600k baht and she could no longer afford to pay the bill and had no insurance that would cover it she was required to move.

Exactly what would happen to anyone. She lived here for 4 years maybe she should have considered health insurance.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Ten hospitals refused to help saying they "wouldn't dare to treat her" according to Apinya.

Absolute disgrace. No words could describe the pain and life changing injuries that will affect her form now on. The very least the Thai government should do is show the international community that when a negligence case like this occurs and a foreigner is so badly affected, they take care of them as much as they would one of their own citizens.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do think that when it comes to saving peoples lives, hospitals should have different business ethics than other businesses .

People who are dying shouldn't be left outside hospitals to die, if they haven't got the money to immediately  pay , was what I was "harping" on about .(which I would have thought would have been obvious if you had read all the thread )

Stick to the facts. She wasn't left to "Die in a carpark" she wasn't refused treatment. What did happen was when the bill got up over 600k baht and she could no longer afford the bill nor had the insurance to cover it she was required to move. 

You understand private hospitals right? She had lived here over 4 years maybe she should have considered health insurance.

Why aren't you blowing up about all the public hospitals that actually did refuse to treat her? You know why? Because if she had gone to a public hospital she would more than likely already be dead. Private hospital actually saved her life what its worth.

Edited by starky

1 minute ago, starky said:

Stick to the facts. She wasn't left to "Die in a carpark" she wasn't refused treatment. What did happen was when the bill got up over 600k baht and she could no longer afford the bill nor had the insurance to cover it she was required to move. 

You understand private hospitals right? She had lived here over 4 years maybe she should have considered health insurance.

The original article stated that whilst she had been here 4 years "she would come and go to Thailand". That indicates she did not live here permanently all that time. Unless she obtained a visa she would, as a Vietnamese,  be entitled to 30 day visa free. Not that it affects her treatment here or lack of it which the thread is about, just stating facts for good order

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Absolute disgrace. No words could describe the pain and life changing injuries that will affect her form now on. The very least the Thai government should do is show the international community that when a negligence case like this occurs and a foreigner is so badly affected, they take care of them as much as they would one of their own citizens.

Yeah right. Thailand cares about what other countries think. ????????????????????

10 minutes ago, Excel said:

The original article stated that whilst she had been here 4 years "she would come and go to Thailand". That indicates she did not live here permanently all that time. Unless she obtained a visa she would, as a Vietnamese,  be entitled to 30 day visa free. Not that it affects her treatment here or lack of it which the thread is about, just stating facts for good order

No excuse for not having insurance if you are frequently overseas the onus is on you not the hospital. Foreigners on here are perpetually lambasted for exactly the same thing hundreds of threads on it.

If this was British tourist on life support after falling off motorbike instead of pretty young Vietnamese girl there would be a very different reaction. That's how news sites work. 

Edited by starky

Just now, starky said:

Yeah right. Thailand cares about what other countries think. ????????????????????

Thailand cares about face, this would have been a good opportunity to show the world it cares about foreigners that were nearly burnt alive due to Thai's negligence.

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thailand cares about face, this would have been a good opportunity to show the world it cares about foreigners that were nearly burnt alive due to Thai's negligence.

Thailand cares about face with other Thais and people who deserve face. So maybe the Chinese overlords. Everyone else is falang.

2 minutes ago, starky said:

No excuse for not having insurance if you are frequently overseas the onus is on you not the hospital. Foreigners on here are perpetually lambasted for exactly the same thing hundreds of threads on it.

Where did I suggest it was an excuse ? No where   !!!!! you just choose to rant about something else. Read my post again, I was clarifying , from previous reports, that indicated she was not permanently in Thailand for 4 years.

• Like 1

Thailand cares about face with other Thais and people who deserve face. So maybe the Chinese overlords. Everyone else is falang.

Whether that's true or not is irrelevant to what help should have been provided and how. What this thread is about.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Excel said:

Where did I suggest it was an excuse ? No where   !!!!! you just choose to rant about something else. Read my post again, I was clarifying , from previous reports, that indicated she was not permanently in Thailand for 4 years.

No rant. Stating facts. If they upset you that's not my problem. I've been here not permanently for over 20 years I spend thousands on health insurance that I hope I never need but again the onus is on me and not a private hospitals to ensure that is in place. Have a nice day.

1 minute ago, starky said:

No rant. Stating facts. If they upset you that's not my problem. I've been here not permanently for over 20 years I spend thousands on health insurance that I hope I never need but again the onus is on me and not a private hospitals to ensure that is in place. Have a nice day.

Well good for you, stay well.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Whether that's true or not is irrelevant to what help should have been provided and how. What this thread is about.

Make you mind up. So it's not about face? Trying hard to understand the uproar. It should be about the 10 hospitals that did refuse her treatment or perhaps the Vietnamese government of whom she is a citizen. 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Excel said:

Well good for you, stay well.

Reality and life are both cruel eh? No one ever expects anything bad to happen. I just wish there was something you could do for your house, your car or most importantly your health in case of unexpected calamity. 

Edited by starky

7 minutes ago, starky said:

Make you mind up. So it's not about face? Trying hard to understand the uproar. It should be about the 10 hospitals that did refuse her treatment or perhaps the Vietnamese government of whom she is a citizen. 

? Are you following what I posted, thats what I said:

image.png.2a401d05fbf23c2949cde0d4a616f7cf.png

Regards the Vietnam government, I do remember they made international headlines with they care they took of a British pilot who had covid and cared for him extremely well. Its a pity Thailand does not do the same for foreigners who through no fault of their own and who in fact are victim to criminal negligence do not do the same.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

? Are you following what I posted, thats what I said:

image.png.2a401d05fbf23c2949cde0d4a616f7cf.png

Regards the Vietnam government, I do remember they made international headlines with they care they took of a British pilot who had covid and cared for him extremely well. Its a pity Thailand does not do the same for foreigners who through no fault of their own and who in fact are victim to criminal negligence do not do the same.

Agreed. Would be nice wouldn't it? 

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well tbh what should have happened is her friend could have left her at Sirikit hospital with the other 10 badly burnt Thais that not one person has mentioned or seem to give a <deleted> about.

Wonder how they are doing or where their pages of outrage are?

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

Well tbh what should have happened is her friend could have left her at Sirikit hospital with the other 10 badly burnt Thais that not one person has mentioned or seem to give a <deleted> about.

Says you, yet the reality is you have clue what you would do when faced with that situation. All very well to speculate on what you think but that does not help this poor girl.

Edited by Bkk Brian

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Says you, yet the reality is you have clue what you would do when faced with that situation. All very well to speculate on what you think but that does not help this poor girl.

Yeah says me which carries just as much weight as your opinion. What you think doesn't help the 15 who died. Nor the 10 other badly burnt Thais coincidentally. Wonder how they are doing?

Edited by starky

Nor the 15 who died. Nor the 10 other badly burnt Thais coincidentally. Wonder how they are doing?

This thread is about Dinh Kim Le and its actually 17 dead now RIP to them all they all died through sheer negligence

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This thread is about Dinh Kim Le and its actually 17 dead now RIP to them all they all died through sheer negligence

Yep. Nothing to do with Bangkok hospital Pattaya then. Glad we cleared that up.

This is just another case of gross negligence of which they numbers are immeasurable have been forever and will continue to be. I believe the phrase, cliche even is this is Thailand.

Terrible but true and not likely to change regardless of the tragedy

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, starky said:

Yep. Nothing to do with Bangkok hospital Pattaya then. Glad we cleared that up.

630,614.80 baht so far yep its certainly about BHP too. However my post was about the 10 hospitals who refused to treat her first, you may have noticed when you responded and you also said:

"It should be about the 10 hospitals that did refuse her treatment"

18 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The issue isnt about making money . 

There is a time and place for making money .

We kind of expect the medical profession to be more concerned about peoples welfare and saving lives, rather than making money .

I do realise that hospitals aren't a charity and they also need to make money , but you would expect them to be more concerned about patients welfare than their bank balance 

I guess you are mistaken. If they cared more about people then money they would be broke and could not provide any service. This is a really expensive patient and i can understand the hesitance of the hospital. They could be out of pocket a lot money. 

So many people are against mandatory heathcare as its to expensive but expect hospitals to treat them free. Bit of a contradiction. Its easy spending other peoples money and telling them what to do when it does not hit them personally. 

In this case the fault is totally with the club and its insurance and its safety. But people make it a problem of the BKK hospital. 

• Thanks 2