Lucky old you in Thailand with a young wife

webfact

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

May I suggest an upcoming article topic: 40-50 year old digital nomads discovering that their dreams of supporting themselves by becoming a travel blogger or vlogger may not have been very realistic.

Are you saying I can't get rich by going on vacation and letting people watch? I'm shocked.

• Haha 1

Whilst I am grateful my wife and I are the same age this isn't just about foreigners. My Thai neighbour in his 70s married and girl of 19 with the blessing of both families. She is now 24 and looks older than her years but he was true to his word and bought her a car and she has her own business all paid for by him. No one is kidding themselves this is nothing more than a transactional relationship that is of benefit of both parties. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I met (I guess) a mid-30's woman at her shop. She said she had lived in USA with her American husband for many years. She said her big problem was discrimination.

I asked: Discrimination for whom?  She said: For me as Asian.

I said the places you tell me you lived all have significant Asian populations. Without getting too personal, if your husband is much older than you, you were likely to incur discrimination for that more than for your being Asian.

She said nothing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I think most of us went through the candy shop phase when we first came here, 50 odd year old, knocking around with the 20 year old fit slim women. I certainly enjoyed it for many years.

But then some sort of reality takes hold for most of us. That 20 year old is not going to be pushing you in your wheelchair or wiping your bum in old age ! 

We mostly find suitable partners - yes, after the candy shop - that are nearer to our own age and not 40 years younger. 

We all fall apart in old age, going through it on your own and your 20 year old g/f watching it cannot be fun. I'm 58 now, the wife 44, we are slowly falling apart, and it's comforting to know we are falling apart together. I do not feel sad about the odd back pain, grey hair loss or lost tooth, etc, when it's happening to the wife beside me. 

I also know the difference now between a loving wife with that will be there to the end, as opposed to a loving g/f that I have nothing in common with that will be there until the money runs out

58 & 44 & both starting to fall apart?

Oh Richard, it's gunna be death by a thousand cuts!

Keep the wheelchair out of sight mate.

Good Luck????????

(This is not a nasty comment)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Sooner or later the man gets to a point where he is just plain to damn old to do anything except wait to die.

In this stage, a good man spends all his time financially planning for his eventual demise, so that his young wife will be rich and be able to find the life she really wanted in the first place.

That sounds strange to me.

Would such a "good man" stay with a much younger girl at all if he cares so much about her future?

In my limited experience from relative rich guys and their younger girlfriends there is just one thing what those girls do after he died. They look for another rich guy.

• Like 2

article is utter drivel,

4 hours ago, webfact said:

When I first arrived in Bangkok, I did find it strange that an attractive girl was walking down the road holding hands with an older ex-pat. 

I spend half the week in Bangkok working, I never get to see this.

Although I most likely dont frequent the areas Michael does......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BonMot said:

But the question is who will care for you when your health deteriorates?

You could hire a nurse and/or maid.

I think it's sad when people choose their gf/wife with the though in mind that she will take care of him when he is so old and fragile that he can't do it anymore.

Is that what you want for your beloved wife's future? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Why Me said:

Her loving gaze over the dinner table is from happily contemplating what she'll do with all his money when the wrinkly old fella keels over.

And that's exactly what annoys Western women so much. Because they want the money. 

• Like 1