Lucky old you in Thailand with a young wife

webfact

27 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That sounds strange to me.

Would such a "good man" stay with a much younger girl at all if he cares so much about her future?

In my limited experience from relative rich guys and their younger girlfriends there is just one thing what those girls do after he died. They look for another rich guy.

If he was leaving her a US million dollar plus account, real estate and more, I am sure the answer is yes.

Some men probably have enough to leave their wives, that there won't be a need for a rich guy, because she will already be richer.

It is quite obvious, the majority of expats in Thailand married to younger wives, are no where near that level of wealth.

I have always given my wife the option if she wanted to take off with a younger partner, and she could still keep all the money.

Yet she is still here?

While I enjoy being with her immensely, I do not want to be a burden to her. My opinion.

Her opinion is she wants to take care of me, for all the taking care I did of her.

She knows she will be extremely well rewarded and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I knew from day 1, the day would come, when the age difference would start to matter more and more.

Did I quit my job early so I could run around Thailand? Absolutely not.

Worked and worked and worked 15 years longer than planned. Then still took high paying contract jobs when I was supposed to be retired.

All for her.

I got out of the materialistic game 20+ years before most men, made sound investments, and it has paid off.

I long for nothing, enjoy a simple quiet life, surrounded by her family.

I don't look forward to death, but when the time comes, I know I did a hell of job ensuring she will never have to worry financially.

Whether she wants to get remarried or not, up to her.

But as an educated, US Citizen, with holdings in both countries, she is not going to fall for something nitwit broke farang.

She understands the value of what she has and she knows, there will be no one coming along she would be interested in sharing her dosh with.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That sounds strange to me.

Would such a "good man" stay with a much younger girl at all if he cares so much about her future?

In my limited experience from relative rich guys and their younger girlfriends there is just one thing what those girls do after he died. They look for another rich guy.

If I die, my wife will get my pensions that I worked for. And I certainly don't care what will happen after I die. I got my will to get cremated in a Buddhist ceremony, and my ashes will be thrown into the gulf of Siam. Period. 

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Guys of any age want pretty (healthy) young girls.

Girls want guys with resources.

That's nature.

The beauty of Thailand is that men and women still accept these facts and don't pretend otherwise.

Many men in farang-land are so brainwashed from all that feminists <deleted> that after a while they actually believe they prefer old women. 555

And many once divorced from the western wife, never truly find another one to marry and stay single, the same goes for the women.  My Father and mother divorced when I was 18, my dad was 35 and my mother43.  Never married again, dated a few, but everyone was always after one thing and no it was not money, they wanted someone to accept the baggage they had in tow.  No one wants the baggage and issues of another at least in the woke western world where unless you are 100% on the same page daily life will be filled with criticism...oh joy...not for me.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

You would certainly get a few envious stares when you go back home on holiday and walk down your local high street with your 25-year-old Thai wife in tow.

I think envious from other old guys but disgust from women and younger guys. 

3 minutes ago, micmichd said:

If I die, my wife will get my pensions that I worked for. And I certainly don't care what will happen after I die. I got my will to get cremated in a Buddhist ceremony, and my ashes will be thrown into the gulf of Siam. Period. 

When I pass from the earth, my pensions die with me, they will not be passed on, but the houses in the US, the house and condo here as well as the cars and motorbikes will be passed on and split between she who has been by my side and caring for me for many many years, and my Children.  She will not have a thing to worry about, and if at 60 years of age, which she will be if I make it another 30 to 86 yoa myself, then she can go and find another, but then she will not need to as she will be set, and she takes no BS from anyone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Most of the population are poor farmers living in the north of Thailand. 

Nonsense. 

Most of the Pattaya prostitutes are from Isarn is correct though. 

Lets not beat around the bush,  most retired guys marry poor girls forced into prostitution. They hide the fact by calling them bar girls. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I think envious from other old guys but disgust from women and younger guys. 

Yet that female disgust doesn't seem to apply when the situation is reversed. Cougars are celebrated by their peers as role models.

Advice From A Cougar: The Older Woman Younger Man Relationship (beyondages.com)

Madonna 62,  boyfriend 26

Madonna 62 Along With Her 26 Year Old Boyfriend Enjoys A Vacay At Kenya ...

• Haha 1

'You would certainly get a few envious stares when you go back home on holiday and walk down your local high street with your 25-year-old Thai wife in tow.'

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I'd guess that if 70 year old Bob walked down the local high street in his original country hand in hand with his wife who could be younger than his grandchildren, certainly younger than his children, it's likely he would run into trouble, which could develop beyond verbal trouble.

And as for family gatherings, he should be prepared to be ostracised.

Even people in his original country who have seen the P4P situation in Thailand may display a totally different attitude to Bob when amongst their original community.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I say , good luck. I am an atheist so I believe in one life.live it and be happy. Tried it , was fun but now married with a 58 yrs old lol and I be just tired 60. <deleted> what people say as long as you happy and careful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

all women are for sale if you want to invest both the time and the money

That is a pretty misogynistic view of women.

Nothing to say about many of the lecherous men who seem to have a preconceived ideas of what all women are.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I think most of us went through the candy shop phase when we first came here, 50 odd year old, knocking around with the 20 year old fit slim women. I certainly enjoyed it for many years.

Why buy a book, when you can join a library?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

My GF is 23 years younger than me.

What I find interesting is the reactions of people in my place of origin, Australia.

The men are secretly envious. They are hesitant about asking me questions in front of their dragon wives.

The women all hate me, I am setting a bad example for their menfolk.

The same reaction in Europe too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bim Smith said:

Whilst I am grateful my wife and I are the same age this isn't just about foreigners. My Thai neighbour in his 70s married and girl of 19 with the blessing of both families. She is now 24 and looks older than her years but he was true to his word and bought her a car and she has her own business all paid for by him. No one is kidding themselves this is nothing more than a transactional relationship that is of benefit of both parties. 

I'm not kidding myself the relationship with my Thai GF started out as non-transactional.

Having said that, I believe some relationships can morph into something else.

As for having a wife or GF my own age - been there with two women, neither worked. I prefer looking at a woman who can still stir up my libido.

Edited by Lacessit

5 hours ago, amykat said:

Nice photo …do all Thai girls walk around with a number stuck to their chest like this one  …#59, so you farang men won’t have to worry what her name is??  Or is that in case you forget which one is your wife?

She started the night at #69 and is already 10 down for the night

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

How harsh

.....I thought they were all 'Cashiers' <coughs

I lived in Isarn for many years. 

Its an unwritten rule there not to ask older guys where they met their wives. 

Reminds me of one retired friend,  great guy and when out for dinner his lovely wife,  Noi 28, said " Noi happy Bert barfine me". Will never forget that,  lovely couple,  but the look on Berts face????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Silencer said:

We will be building a large house soon for the three of us

Don't do it!!! 

Remember my golden rule. 

Don't get married until you've lived in Thailand for 5 years. 

Don't build a house until you've been married for 5 years. 

That cousin builder is probably the father. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Silencer said:

A lot written here is true (I resemble several of the things mentioned by OP), with exceptions aplenty. Mine is 25 years younger, high school drop-out, beauty from the north that worked in a bar 3 weeks (where I met her). She converted to Christianity before I met her (which is only mentioned because she believes lying, no matter how small of a lie, is a terrible sin), had a kid just a year before I met her, and we have been together 4 years now. We will be building a large house soon for the three of us. I did the design, planning, picked the company to build, had the drawings made and permit in hand. I was planning on paying for the house (with a good chunk of my savings) but the business I helped her start last year resulted in her making over 7M baht recently. She said she will pay for the house (about 6.5M) and we can use my money for traveling around the world occasionally, maybe a new car. I also get a decent pension so I will always have my own money no matter what happens in my life. Your mileage may differ, but there are good ones out there that love to cook, clean, great in bed, don't take advantage of you, don't lie and cheat, and do everything happily for you which just makes it delight (or at least much easier) to do everything for them (and their future). I could care less what anyone thinks of our relationship. Maybe I was lucky, I knew there was a chance of making a wrong choice and I knew I could make a life of renting a girl each week/month/year but that is not what I wanted. The unexpected new kid in my life was not in my plans but she is wonderful and now learning English well and likely keeps me young as well.  Many fail, many do not. Choose wisely. 

Earnings of 7 million Baht in one year is impressive, what kind of business.

Edited by BE88
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Many men in farang-land are so brainwashed from all that feminists <deleted> that after a while they actually believe they prefer old women. 555

That was the saddest thing I have ever read. 

• Like 1