Lucky old you in Thailand with a young wife

webfact

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Don't do it!!! 

Remember my golden rule. 

Don't get married until you've lived in Thailand for 5 years. 

Don't build a house until you've been married for 5 years. 

That cousin builder is probably the father. 

What are you on about? We don't live anywhere near where her family lives, I created a western standard BOQ, I interviewed 7 companies with both Western and Thai owners, I visited their previous projects, and I selected the builder. Wife was not involved in any steps other than the design.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KIngsofisaan said:

But as an educated, US Citizen, with holdings in both countries, she is not going to fall for something nitwit broke farang.

She understands the value of what she has and she knows, there will be no one coming along she would be interested in sharing her dosh with.

You seem to think that all choices are dependent on money. 

She might fall for a broke farang because of love,  mine did ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silencer said:

What are you on about? We don't live anywhere near where her family lives, I created a western standard BOQ, I interviewed 7 companies with both Western and Thai owners, I visited their previous projects, and I selected the builder. Wife was not involved in any steps other than the design.

Fair enough,  but don't see the importance of where you cook your sausages. 

A Thai made one with local charcoal doors the job for me. ????

5 hours ago, amykat said:

Nice photo …do all Thai girls walk around with a number stuck to their chest like this one  …#59, so you farang men won’t have to worry what her name is??  Or is that in case you forget which one is your wife?

Sometimes it's 69...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Fair enough,  but don't see the importance of where you cook your sausages. 

A Thai made one with local charcoal doors the job for me. ????

After talking with many expats here, and hearing the good and bad of their house build experiences, the BOQ (that lists every material and quantity that will be used in the house construction) is vital to get a house built to a western standard. The differences then come down to labor costs, schedule, and profit margins.

I have two g/fs, one in my main house, one in my condo down the road, one is 47 years old, an ex factory manager, one is 37 and a nurse.  They know each other, but at a distance.  Why are they with me, an older man; security, companionship, a good life style, friendship, a future that is financially secure for them, and, dare I say it, mutual regard, respect and love.  I had the same with my late ex wife and i was the only breadwinner in that life.  With my two g/fs, I am not the sole bread winner,  but I am a major provider.  So, what am I getting at here.  That there is little to chose between relationships here or in the West.   Is age irrelevant; no, but its not the major driver in many if not most longer term relationships between a young Thai and an older farang.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I never picked a girl with the question on my mind if she would push my wheelchair.

But if I would look for such a girl and if I would be maybe 60 your old then I would look for a 20 year old. Because when I am 80 she is 40 and she will still be able to push that chair.

If I would look for an older woman then maybe I have to push her chair. Or she is too old and not strong enough to move me around.

A 40 year old will find tremendous strength to get that wheelchair to the ATM????????.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

it's comforting to know we are falling apart together. I do not feel sad about the odd back pain, grey hair loss or lost tooth, etc, when it's happening to the wife beside me. 

I also know the difference now between a loving wife with that will be there to the end, as opposed to a loving g/f that I have nothing in common with that will be there until the money runs out

Lot of truth there congrats on knowing the important differences ????

One thing is guaranteed when we are born and that is someday we are going to die . Some of us are fortunate in life that in retirement we have substantial savings I’m one of the lucky ones Do I have a Thai wife absolutely not do I want a Thai wife NEVER and although separated from my second farang wife I have no intention to divorce she is more than welcome to my pensions when the man upstairs calls me home , but that is not to say I don’t enjoy the company of Thai ladies of course I do but as I am married already marriage is out of the question and that suits me 100% . I do have a Thai GF but I don’t allow her to live with me although she will stay a couple of night per week and yes I have supported her 15 year old son in the hope he can have a better education and if we’re still together then she will be taken care of when my time to leave this world has happened after all there are no pockets in shrouds . Thai woman are not the easiest to live with but saying that I would think they have the same view about foreigners at the end of the day for them it’s money comes first and I understand why love is further down the shopping list .

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Thujone said:

'You would certainly get a few envious stares when you go back home on holiday and walk down your local high street with your 25-year-old Thai wife in tow.'

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I'd guess that if 70 year old Bob walked down the local high street in his original country hand in hand with his wife who could be younger than his grandchildren, certainly younger than his children, it's likely he would run into trouble, which could develop beyond verbal trouble.

And as for family gatherings, he should be prepared to be ostracised.

Even people in his original country who have seen the P4P situation in Thailand may display a totally different attitude to Bob when amongst their original community.

I don't think you are being cynical.

Once alcohol and testosterone enter the mix things can get ugly quickly.????????

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Guys of any age want pretty (healthy) young girls.

Girls want guys with resources.

That's nature.

The beauty of Thailand is that men and women still accept these facts and don't pretend otherwise.

Additionally, the demographics in Thailand whereby the proportion of females far exceeds that of males is an added bonus.

Edited by mark5335
  • Thanks 2

If you can make an age disparity work in a marriage, good on ya.

The other disparities; language, culture, education, etc, can create a yawning crevasse of difference that can only be bridged by serious amounts of moolah..

Sometimes it's better just to rent.

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Mine says she will push mine to a steep downhill decline kiss me and let me gooooo

Reminds me of the Cutter John strips in Bloom County and The Academia Waltz years ago. Warp speed, Mr Spock !

• Thanks 1