Does the B800,000 mature if I am not in the country

I just got a Bangkok Bank account and am in the process of putting B 800,000 in it.  At the same time I am getting a 90 day extension before my

30 day extension expires.  If I leave the country during my 90 day extension it will cancel it, but will that affect my 800K maturing

for a Non-O Visa when I return. 

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, nana kid said:

If I leave the country during my 90 day extension it will cancel it

Are you planning to return before the end of the 90 day extension ? If so simply get a re-entry permit and it won't be cancelled I think.

Sorry saw UJ's reply and mine crossed in cyber space

Edited by Excel

2 hours ago, nana kid said:

I just got a Bangkok Bank account and am in the process of putting B 800,000 in it.  At the same time I am getting a 90 day extension before my

30 day extension expires.

Seems you plan to obtain a non O retirement.

To do that you require 800k in your Thai bank account on day of application.

You need to do that with 15+ days left on you current permit.

From another thead you stated that you have a standard 30 extension that ends on Sept 11 and asked about possibility of obtaining a covid extension.

Yes that's possible however needs to be done by Aug 24.

This is why you are referring to 90 day extension 30+60.

VERY confusing.

Yes you can do that and exit Thailand and obtain a non O when you reenter....

If you wish to return within the time the covid extension gives you then you will need to purchase a single reentry permit 1000baht. 

Finally your seasoning of funds is not affected buy your time outside of Thailand. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

If no transactions in one year they will close the account, when you come back just reopen 

Only if the balance is less than 2,000 baht will they do anything.  Which is they will start charging 50 baht a month until the balance is 0.

• Like 2

Thank you all for the information,,,,,,,,,,,,it clears up my path forward,  The money will be in the bank next week.  So when I get the 90 day Visa (in the works)  I can leave for a week 

and get a re entry permit and then apply for a Non-O Visa but will  need 21 days left on 90 day Visa.  Again  Thanks,  I did 10 years on O-A Visas which were a piece of cake

• Confused 1

A Singaporean friend of mine used to have retirement visa before covid-19 and left Thailand 2 years ago with re-entry permit, but did not come back during covid-19 time. He entered Thailand on 10th or August and got 30 days on arrival. Now he is planning to re-apply for the retirement visa by obtaining non-o visa first.

My question is:

-  applying for the non-o visa is still CW, and how long before his current permit to stay expired

- what documents required ?

-can he apply for the retirement visa immediately after obtaining the non-o visa or he has to wait for a period of time with the fact that the B-800,000 is still in the bank for over the past 2 years.

31 minutes ago, bjhabal said:

My question is:

-  applying for the non-o visa is still CW, and how long before his current permit to stay expired

- what documents required ?

-can he apply for the retirement visa immediately after obtaining the non-o visa or he has to wait for a period of time with the fact that the B-800,000 is still in the bank for over the past 2 years.

It is still done at CW if he is living in Bangkok.

To apply for a the non-o visa he must have at least 15 remaining on his 30 day entry or the 30 day extension of it.

Requirements are here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022C1_09.pdf

He will not be able to apply for the the one year extension during the last 45 days of the 90 days from the non-o visa.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is still done at CW if he is living in Bangkok.

To apply for a the non-o visa he must have at least 15 remaining on his 30 day entry or the 30 day extension of it.

Requirements are here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022C1_09.pdf

He will not be able to apply for the the one year extension during the last 45 days of the 90 days from the non-o visa.

Thank you ubonjoe, but it is not clear when he can apply for the one year ? is it after 45 days of the date or any time before 45 days

5 minutes ago, bjhabal said:

Thank you ubonjoe, but it is not clear when he can apply for the one year ? is it after 45 days of the date or any time before 45 days

It is after 45 days, i.e. during the last 45 days of his 90 day permission to stay.

• Like 1