Sending stuff via Kerry - Can I just rack up to a service counter with my parcel, addresses and ID?

Crossy

The thread title says it all really.

I need to send a one-off package.

I'm usually pretty good with Thai websites but I really can't make head or tail of the Kerry site in Thai or in English.

How to go about it??

5 minutes ago, Excel said:

Just check to see if there is a kerry service point near you and take it in, very simple.

https://th.kerryexpress.com/en/where-we-are

Yup, we have a full service counter.

I've used it many times to return Lazada stuff with pre-printed labels, just never initiated the shipment. 

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yup, we have a full service counter.

I've used it many times to return Lazada stuff with pre-printed labels, just never initiated the shipment. 

very easy when I have done it, simply give them the delivery address and they do the rest on their electronic machine and just pay the money. They have never asked me for id, simply my address and phone number and have sent numerous parcels over the years.

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

Yeah, I knew it would be easy, but TiT and the website makes no mention that I can see of the "just turn up" option.

Really daft question - All my documentation is in Thai, I'm assuming that will be OK (You never know in this world).

Just now, Crossy said:

Yeah, I knew it would be easy, but TiT and the website makes no mention that I can see of the "just turn up" option.

Really daft question - All my documentation is in Thai, I'm assuming that will be OK (You never know in this world).

Best in Thai from my experience, other than my name which is kept in English. I always have my Thai DL with me if there is a new assistant is a bit unsure about the spelling of my name.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

If you ship it in the morning it's same day in Bangkok and next day country-wide, but if you ship it in the afternoon, it's next day BKK and 1-2 days nationwide.

I fell for that trying to get a rush delivery through .  There is no promise of a next day delivery , it just arrives in Bangkok the next day.

• Like 1

They will ask for ID and also phone number.

Thai driving licence or passport will suffice. They will probably ask you what is in the box if you have already packed it.

I just used to take stuff in and get them to pack it for me.

They will print off the  address, stick it on, and that's it. Apart from payment of course.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

Both are accepted. Pink ID is also only in Thai and they have no issue with that. They'll enter your details into your system, which is searchable by phone number. So if someone is sending to you, they'll check phone number and send to address you gave them, or if it's different, update it at that time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

You'll need to bring some kind of ID for yourself, passport or Pink ID card, original. Then give your address and name, along with phone number, as well as receiver's name and address + phone number.

They'll measure the box and tell you how much it costs. If you ship it in the morning it's same day in Bangkok and next day country-wide, but if you ship it in the afternoon, it's next day BKK and 1-2 days nationwide.

You can buy insurance but need to show receipt for the item showing the price of item. They would only insure if you have original invoice.

That's about it.

FlashExpress has a website where you can punch in the data on size and weight, etc. and they'll issue tracking number, then come and pick it up from your home. Kerry apparently has the same but I've never used it, and prefer to send from Kerry owned shop, not just a drop point...

You can just search for nearest proper shop. They are actually very good. And if you don't have a box and packaging material, they sell boxes and wrap it for you at the shop in bubble wrap.

Overall a very good service.

DIL uses Flash and Kerry every day for small packages she sends to her online buyers. all very simple. Sometimes one of these couriers pick up say 10 small packages, all completed, she pays using QR code, courier gone in less than 10 minutes.

She also uses (for some kages / locations) Thai Post and we have a PO very close to the house. Again all completed with their hi-tech counter equipment very quickly, again pay using QR code. 

But overall she prefere Flash fro the speed to get the package to the customer. No doubt this changes by location.

Edited by scorecard