45 Day Visa Exempt Now Confirmed from 01st October......

On 8/20/2022 at 7:13 PM, roamer said:

Be grateful for small mercies I guess and I hope it helps tourism. Churlish of me to point out neighbours like Malaysia have had 90 days visa exempt for as long as I can remember.

Then again, Malaysians are treated very differently from Thais when traveling to Western countries. Reciprocity. Consider what Thais have to go through to visit other countries for which Thailand offers visa exempt.

On 8/20/2022 at 7:13 PM, roamer said:

Be grateful for small mercies I guess and I hope it helps tourism. Churlish of me to point out neighbours like Malaysia have had 90 days visa exempt for as long as I can remember.

Personally I think visa exempt entry 30 days with easily obtained 30 days generous.

PITA for myself being Oz requiring visa to Vietnam.

Also Cambodia, Laos etc.

In addition Thailand provides many other visa options..

5 hours ago, pomchop said:

but still no clarity as to how long you may be able to extend at immigration?  if u get 45 days on arrival can you extend by additional 45 or 30 or???  rather important bit of info to leave out.

You will be able to get a 30 day extension.

On 8/20/2022 at 4:56 PM, BritTim said:

Technically, I think it is a firm proposal rather than definitely approved. However, it is almost certainly going to happen.

Has it been published in the Royal Gazette yet ? only when it has can you be sure it is happening