Prominent Thai doctors against extended nightlife closing times, claim tourists don’t come to Thailand to party but for beaches and temples

webfact

49 minutes ago, huangnon said:

Same guy. Professor Neil Fergusson at Imperial College, London. Failed computer modeller extraordinaire. Always gets his modeled predictions totally wrong, and indeed is the 'go-to' guy for wrong predictions... Funded by the usual suspects (Bill & Melinda, WHO, etc).

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/six-questions-that-neil-ferguson-should-be-asked

You're pulling up a 2020-era article written by the Spectator's gossip columnist.... And when it finally gets around to questioning Ferguson on his early COVID pandemic estimates...

...The article cites Stanford Univ COVID skeptic professor Ioannidis, who projected early on in the pandemic that the U.S. might have 10,000 COVID deaths.

The U.S. now has 1 million plus COVID deaths. Guess who turned out to be more wrong....

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, roger101 said:

Single travelers probably come for the nightlife but couples and families come for the whole package.

Of course this is true, Bangla Road nightlife forms a small part of the tourist industry in Phuket and its surrounding Islands

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You're pulling up 2020-era article written by the Spectator's gossip columnist.... And when it gets around to questioning Ferguson on his early COVID pandemic estimates...

...The article cites Stanford Univ COVID skeptic professor Ioannidis, who projected early on in the pandemic that the U.S. might have 10,000 COVID deaths.

The U.S. now has 1 million plus COVID deaths. Guess who turned out to be more wrong....

Well I mentioned him first and I can assure you I have never read the Spectator 

I am frantically wracking my brain trying to imagine why anybody would want to post some thing like that  If you are trying to defend a so called "expert"  and the best you can come up with is that his predictions were less wrong than the predictions made by a "covid denier" in the early days of covid then you will need to try a bit harder.  Its almost as if Neil Ferguson posted that himself,  Its exactly the response I would have expected from him. That's uncanny unless......

On 8/22/2022 at 8:59 AM, law ling said:

1. I do pity medical staff on late night duty having to patch up all the accidents and ODs (and of late, burns) that must flood in in the wee hours (when they're probably just lightly staffed).

2. If you've seen one local temple, you've pretty much seen them all - I don't find the buildings attractive, and as it's not my religion, there's no spiritual element.

3. I do like Issan music ... but it's not readily available here (in Pattaya) ... the bands here seem to prefer the likes of "Hotel California" or "Tie a Yellow Ribbon ..." (which is from another culture).

Any doctor in A & E will tell you that if it wasn't for alcohol, their job would be a doddle!

I think the doctors are a little out of touch, sure people come for the beaches and Thai culture etc but they also come for partying, bars and women but I do agree that 2am closing is plenty of time to have a few drinks. It would make no difference to me if they closed at midnight, still enough time to have a few drinks but thats my personal situation which wouldn't suit a lot of bar goers!