Britain sees a record number of migrant crossings in the English Channel, according to report

Scott

23 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Please identify (with a link to my post) where I have made such a demand?

Clue, I have not.

….

But really, after all the promises, migration being placed center of decisions about the future of Britain and the Government talking tough.

It seems promises have not been kept, expectations have been raised but not met.

If I had been backing these things, voting for them even, I’d want answers from the people who made the promises, the people who raised the expectations.

Or is it….. always somebody else’s fault?!

Yes, people did vote to control the borders but clearly the Tories have no appetite to do so.   Since Labour would encourage even more to come (and have zero solutions for this) who do you recommend people vote for if they want to prevent these illegal immigrants from coming over and potentially dying on this treacherous crossing, whilst allowing organised crime to profit from this at the expense of taxpayers.  

Or do you believe that anyone who makes it into the UK should simply be allowed to stay there, and when the boats overturn and people die attempting the crossing thats just a bit of collateral damage not worth bothering about?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, James105 said:

Yes, people did vote to control the borders but clearly the Tories have no appetite to do so.   Since Labour would encourage even more to come (and have zero solutions for this) who do you recommend people vote for if they want to prevent these illegal immigrants from coming over and potentially dying on this treacherous crossing, whilst allowing organised crime to profit from this at the expense of taxpayers.  

Or do you believe that anyone who makes it into the UK should simply be allowed to stay there, and when the boats overturn and people die attempting the crossing thats just a bit of collateral damage not worth bothering about?  

I'd vote for the sane party. Clearly the Labor party did not encourage more illegal migrants from crossing the channel. How much more delusional can one get?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

On 8/30/2022 at 11:57 AM, transam said:

So you dismiss the French who let them all set up camp in France, so they could make the crossing.....?  ????

They enter France legally, but sneak into the UK and claim asylum for what ever reason, one reason being the benefits they are given in the UK

https://www.etiasvisa.com/etias-news/eu-confirms-albanians-not-need-visa