“Thirteen Lives” – highly recommended for all except for the claustrophobic

webfact

IMHO like Sully the movie, Thirteen Lives is no where near as good as the documentary that preceded it.  Watch the documentary first then watch the trailer for the movie and make up your own mind if you want to watch the full length movie.

A superb portrayal of the entire incident that we followed almost hourly on TV and other media.  I watched the Thai language version without subtitles!  Didn't really need dialogue, so IMHO that makes it an excellent moving picture story.

Highly recommended.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FrederikKitten said:

I find it quiet pointless to watch, if you know the outcome... .

I think in truth we know the endings to many films before watching them as the good guys pretty much always win at the end. I watched the new Top Gun yesterday. It was obvious from the start how it was going to play out, but I still really enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, FrederikKitten said:

I find it quiet pointless to watch, if you know the outcome...

Actually, Ron Howard is a master at making us feel good about mankind. Remember "Apollo 13?" That we know the ending is irrelevant; how we got to that ending is the substance of the movie. In today's world, it's rare to see mankind in a decent light.

On 8/29/2022 at 11:25 AM, JimGant said:

Actually, Ron Howard is a master at making us feel good about mankind. Remember "Apollo 13?" That we know the ending is irrelevant; how we got to that ending is the substance of the movie. In today's world, it's rare to see mankind in a decent light.

Good film but suffers like a lot of modern film from the same problem-too long. 2.5 hours of mostly cave divers was asking a but much, should have cut it by at least 20 minutes. Lots of pointless scenes like one diver walking off in the jungle to phone his son back home to say nothing. More could have been covered of the boys in the cave.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, proton said:

Good film but suffers like a lot of modern film from the same problem-too long. 2.5 hours of mostly cave divers was asking a but much, should have cut it by at least 20 minutes. Lots of pointless scenes like one diver walking off in the jungle to phone his son back home to say nothing. More could have been covered of the boys in the cave.

Was Musk in the film?

Saw the National Geographic one first, well made enjoyed it. Was sceptical to watch this one as I just saw the story. It is the same story but a different take on it. 

I enjoyed both versions, they compliment each other. Ones technical, one is emotional. 

5 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Was Musk in the film?

Thankfully no.

FWIW: I was seated in front of Vernon Unsworth on a flight last year. Had a good chat with him. Was surprised that he didn't get more mention in the film. We didn't talk about his case against that <deleted> Musk who got away with defamation on a technicality. 

1 minute ago, soi3eddie said:

Thankfully no.

FWIW: I was seated in front of Vernon Unsworth on a flight last year. Had a good chat with him. Was surprised that he didn't get more mention in the film. We didn't talk about his case against that <deleted> Musk who got away with defamation on a technicality. 

How many divers were there?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

How many divers were there?

There were many divers including Thais. Only a few made the journey accompanying the sedated boys out. Highly recommend you watch the film. It's on Amazon Prime and other channels.

Edited by soi3eddie

On 8/29/2022 at 9:36 AM, FrederikKitten said:

I find it quiet pointless to watch, if you know the outcome... .

I watched it last night, great movie.

Knowing the outcome doesn't detract from the enormity of the task in hand or the entertainment value, a very short 2.5 hours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

There were many divers including Thais. Only a few made the journey accompanying the sedated boys out. Highly recommend you watch the film. It's on Amazon Prime and other channels.

I saw 3 or 4 farang divers on tv

Plus thai seals