Landromat in Pattaya in the soi Pothole area ?

Baron Samedi

1 hour ago, Watchit said:

You forgot the drying cost or do you take it home wringing wet and hang it out yourself?

Almost sounds to me like you have an interest in this laundermat but i'm probably wrong about that lol

At Otteri type place 40 baht wash, detergent 5 baht, it has a spin at the end so not dripping wet, hang out at home, not a big deal, really easy, same if you had a machine at home, no need to use dry machine in Thailand, certainly no need to iron

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Watchit said:

You forgot the drying cost or do you take it home wringing wet and hang it out yourself?

Almost sounds to me like you have an interest in this laundermat but i'm probably wrong about that lol

Good point. Let's say you add 40THB for the drying. So now it's 80THB for 9kg. Still far cheaper than the laundry service.

No you're not. That's it. You got me. I'm the owner of a laundromat and my grand strategy to get customers is to open a thread on an Aseannow subforum ????????????

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

At Otteri type place 40 baht wash, detergent 5 baht, it has a spin at the end so not dripping wet, hang out at home, not a big deal, really easy, same if you had a machine at home, no need to use dry machine in Thailand, certainly no need to iron

I've seen some places with dry machines. Not in the area I was interested in but they do have them in certain laundromats.

5 minutes ago, Baron Samedi said:

I've seen some places with dry machines. Not in the area I was interested in but they do have them in certain laundromats.

They've all got drying machines, but in a country as hot as Thailand you just don't need, but laziness often wins

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 7:21 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Does it provide  an ironing  service?

Why? Residual memory of suckin' up to a Boss? Expecting an audience w/ the Queen of Soi 6? 

20 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

No need  to hang around clamouring hot damp machinery mindlessly  killing time watching the stains of your past  rotate.  What a waste if time in  Pattaya of all places!

That would be your own spin on things. Maybe back in the UK you had to sit there lest some chav steal your clothes. And sell them. 

Few sit and wait on their laundry to finish, not even Thais. So half the machines are sitting there waiting for the damp laundry to be removed. I walk over to a local shop, buy a cold Singha, and then surf and read on my tablet. And my time is just as important as your time, though perhaps better allocated.

16 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Ironing is tedious and remains  a women's job and as some places do excellent  cheap work with creases like razors why bother doing it oneself?

Ignorant stereotype. In the shop near my place the husband is often seen ironing while the wife sorts thru clothes, puts them in and out of the machines, folds, keeps track, and deals with customers. 

Well, you really just got your knickers all in a twist over this ironin’ thang. Real Men™ don’t need no ironin’, bro’.  Creases like razors. LOL. In Pattaya? Look like a stupid tourist FOB? Pattaya expects you to stay ready to get down & dirty without fussing about your pants creases or coiffed hair, assuming you have any of the latter. Word: stay wrinkled. 

16 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

If someone has 'enough time' to do their own laundry  carrying their  dirty clothing  through  the streets  to a public  launderette, sort through their underwear in public, wait  for the  machines to go through  their cycles, use a HOT-AIR dryer - then walk home

Mostly a fantasy, shared by few other posters. Walking? Possibly, but most drive cars or ride motorbikes. Sort? Real Men™ don’t need no sortin’, either. Or foldin’. WOT??? That's right. HOT-AIR dryer, up 2 u. Want COLD, get this: press the COLD button.

Again: you don’t sit there, or if you do, you got your beer, tablet, laptop, or phone and take the opportunity to catch up on a few things or wimmin. Again, no ironing; good gawd, get over it.

Remember: stay wrinkled. You may be in Pattaya, but you ain’t of Pattaya yet. Give it a few more years.???? 

I guess I save B300-400, but I also enjoy being self-reliant, same as I do with Immigration. 

Edited by BigStar

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Why? Residual memory of suckin' up to a Boss? Expecting an audience w/ the Queen of Soi 6? 

That would be your own spin on things. Maybe back in the UK you had to sit there lest some chav steal your clothes. And sell them. 

Few sit and wait on their laundry to finish, not even Thais. So half the machines are sitting there waiting for the damp laundry to be removed. I walk over to a local shop, buy a cold Singha, and then surf and read on my tablet. And my time is just as important as your time, though perhaps better allocated.

Ignorant stereotype. In the shop near my place the husband is often seen ironing while the wife sorts thru clothes, puts them in and out of the machines, folds, keeps track, and deals with customers. 

Well, you really just got your knickers all in a twist over this ironin’ thang. Real Men™ don’t need no ironin’, bro’.  Creases like razors. LOL. In Pattaya? Look like a stupid tourist FOB? Pattaya expects you to stay ready to get down & dirty without fussing about your pants creases or coiffed hair, assuming you have any of the latter. Word: stay wrinkled. 

Mostly a fantasy, shared by few other posters. Walking? Possibly, but most drive cars or ride motorbikes. Sort? Real Men™ don’t need no sortin’, either. Or foldin’. WOT??? That's right. HOT-AIR dryer, up 2 u. Want COLD, get this: press the COLD button.

Again: you don’t sit there, or if you do, you got your beer, tablet, laptop, or phone and take the opportunity to catch up on a few things or wimmin. Again, no ironing; good gawd, get over it.

Remember: stay wrinkled. You may be in Pattaya, but you ain’t of Pattaya yet. Give it a few more years.???? 

I guess I save B300-400, but I also enjoy being self-reliant, same as I do with Immigration. 

How many years does it take to be "of" Pattaya? I have been in Thailand 27 years. I iron everything. With starch. Maybe I will begin to like that homeless wrinkled look when I have been here as long as you and scooby

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

most definitely a need to iron for certain types of clothing. my cotton t-shirts need a once over and so does my Tommy Hilfiger linen shirt ????

There's a new modern one open 24hrs on the road between Nirun Condo's and Big C. Too far if your walking from pothole though. Can be seen easy from the road with bright lights on the left hand side if your going towards Big C.

I used to go around midnight when it was empty and owners were asleep (they tend to hover around you if your there during the day, not sure why). Easy in and out with no hassle.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 9:16 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

One of the many tiny little every day things that make living in Thailand  easy and simple- multiple  choices of laundry services with ironing at cheap price. No need  to hang around clamouring hot damp machinery mindlessly  killing time watching the stains of your past  rotate.  What a waste if time in  Pattaya of all places! I wish the OP would explain his motivation  for doing  his own laundry?

No need to pay for something you don't mind doing yourself.

The Thai's don't like it, but that's life. You can't save the world paying for things just because it's expected.

Edited by JimTripper

16 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

How many years does it take to be "of" Pattaya? I have been in Thailand 27 years. I iron everything. With starch.

It ain't happenin' for you, man. Guess it was all that early training, not easy to overcome.

image.png.3688fffa6bf57bf836e950e67081ac58.png

Reminds me of an old girlfriend from Colombia relating a Colombian joke that "gringos are buried standing up."

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

my cotton t-shirts need a once over and so does my Tommy Hilfiger linen shirt ????

Cotton, not really. Wear them out into the Pattaya sauna and the wrinkles soon steam themselves out from within. I sometimes ranger roll some cotton shirts for packing or saving space in my drawer; it does cut down on wrinkles.

Many of our members are too delicate and organic to wear anything but pure cotton next to their sensitive skin. I wear mostly fitted t-shirts with at least some polyester for give. Or, quick-dry breathable athletic shirts, great for gym or travel. They hardly wrinkle, if at all. I throw them into a bag directly from the dryer and then directly into a drawer.???? He.ll yeah.

As for linen, level up your whole coolness factor simply by adopting the retro 80s "crumpled cockroach" look. Expect deep discounts on the bar fines thereafter.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JimTripper said:

No need to pay for something you don't mind doing yourself.

The Thai's don't like it, but that's life.

Actually it's amazing how little Thais care about the doings of farangs and even how little they notice things around them. If they thought about it at all, they'd just wonder why a rich person such as yourself wouldn't pay to save yourself any effort, as they themselves would if rich. "Like" wouldn't enter into it. 

Edited by BigStar

16 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

How many years does it take to be "of" Pattaya? I have been in Thailand 27 years.

It's often said that Pattaya's not Thailand.???? Some truth to that, though not nearly as much as commonly believed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigStar said:

It's often said that Pattaya's not Thailand.???? Some truth to that, though not nearly as much as commonly believed.

I fail to see what Pattaya has to do with it. And what Thais think of my clothes means nothing. I dress to suit myself. So do you. Nothing more to discuss.

On 8/27/2022 at 5:28 PM, Watchit said:

After using wm clothes are damp but not wringing wet. Can be hung up on drying rack. Happy to begin discussion on different types of clothes pegs and electric iron brands.

20 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

I fail to see what Pattaya has to do with it.

How obvious could that be, really.

And what Thais think of my clothes means nothing.

Well done indeed!

I dress to suit myself. So do you. Nothing more to discuss.

Veered off-topic, inevitably. To laundromat or not laundromat, that is the question—for @The Hammer2021, who hijacked the topic and who really thinks he’s discussing that. I, on the other hand, ain't discussing it but rather having a laugh at his ignorant assumptions and any residuals that may spin off.

So IF you were discussing, you’d need to address for him WHY you’re wasting time doing your own laundry, including the “women’s work.”

Well, it seems you’re all clean, ironed, and starched now and have hung yourself up in the closet. I’ll try to remember to salute if I see you out on a Pattaya soi.????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

Went to Otteri to wash my stuff.

Washing was 50THB and drying was 40THB.

Total 90THB.

Time spent there playing Angry Birds and snacking - 40 minutes.

Laundry services can't compete with that imo.

Compete in what way? Cost?

Surely it is a waste of your time. 

12 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

Went to Otteri to wash my stuff.

Washing was 50THB and drying was 40THB.

Total 90THB.

Time spent there playing Angry Birds and snacking - 40 minutes.

Laundry services can't compete with that imo.

Must have been using turbo machines to have run a washing and drying cycle in 40 minutes

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kenchamp said:

Must have been using turbo machines to have run a washing and drying cycle in 40 minutes

That sounds about a standard time for machines in Otteri.

The polarised opinions of posts in this thread just about sums up the general level of reasoning by users of this forum.

For those who like to do your own laundry; is it so hard to understand that others don't like to, and they can afford not to?

For those who use laundry services, is it really so difficult to get your head around the concept that some people have more free time than they do disposal income, and therefore saving some money by doing their own laundry is a no-brainer as they get to spend time (which they have plenty of) as opposed to money (which is more limited).

Then you get people who enjoy doing laundry. While I can't for the life of me understand why somebody would like to do laundry, it is not beyond me to accept that they do.

I personally hate doing laundry but during lockdown my income was very restricted. I happened to also have a lot of free time and very little to do with that time. So guess what? I was down the laundromat twice weekly. Did I enjoy it? No. Did I save some money? Yes.

It's also somewhat ironic that people who value their time too much to use a laundromat apparently seem to find enough free time to sit on thier computer talking about how little free time they have....

Edited by JayClay
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, JayClay said:

That sounds about a standard time for machines in Otteri.

The polarised opinions of posts in this thread just about sums up the general level of reasoning by users of this forum.

For those who like to do your own laundry; is it so hard to understand that others don't like to, and they can afford not to?

For those who use laundry services, is it really so difficult to get your head around the concept that some people have more free time than they do disposal income, and therefore saving some money by doing their own laundry is a no-brainer as they get to spend time (which they have plenty of) as opposed to money (which is more limited).

Then you get people who enjoy doing laundry. While I can't for the life of me understand why somebody would like to do laundry, it is not beyond me to accept that they do.

I personally hate doing laundry but during lockdown my income was very restricted. I happened to also have a lot of free time and very little to do with that time. So guess what? I was down the laundromat twice weekly. Did I enjoy it? No. Did I save some money? Yes.

It's also somewhat ironic that people who value their time too much to use a laundromat apparently seem to find enough free time to sit on thier computer talking about how little free time they have....

I'm guessing you live in America not Thailand? retiree's in Thailand certainly have time, it's not always just about money which you guys always focus on, those Otteri machines cost 250k each, those turd machines in laundry's are usually 5k they just don't wash properly in my experience

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm guessing you live in America not Thailand? retiree's in Thailand certainly have time, it's not always just about money which you guys always focus on, those Otteri machines cost 250k each, those turd machines in laundry's are usually 5k they just don't wash properly in my experience

Did you actually read any of the post that you quoted?

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm guessing 

Well don't.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kenchamp said:

Maybe a bit longer then. But I stayed there under an hour for sure. The washing must have been around 40 minutes. Drying might have been more than 10 minutes I can't remember. Maybe 15 or something. But I mean even if I stayed there 50 minutes, it's no big deal really. Place was nice, offered free wifi, seats... Honestly it was like chilling at the beach minus the skin cancer.