Justice Department makes redacted Mar-a-Lago affidavit public

Scott

19 hours ago, billd766 said:

Why do you keep asking questions of the people on the forum? They know as much as you know.

Very simple, you made the point that the subpoenas are usually hidden.  I don't think that is true.  

Hint" there may be an attorney from the USA on this forum who would definitively know that answer. DUH. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Emails, not actual documents....your hero the Donald had actual stamped TS classified documents in hand....try again.

A distinction without a difference.  CLASSIFIED IS CLASSIFIED. 

Also we don't know if those classified emails had any attachments or does that make a difference if the Russians who hacked her computer had to print it out. 

TRY AGAIN. 

Edited by Longwood50
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I answered your question above, beyond me why you still deflect.  It was a warrant which served to obtain the information and which was issued based upon a declaration of probable cause called an affidavit.

Yes and I answered yours,  I don't think you are correct that a subpoena is routinely blacked out and only disclosed at trial. 

If what you say is true, why conceal the 'name" of the perons but not the content.  

Instead they are trying to conceal any predicate.  Also, subpoenas are to be very specific as to what the authorities are looking for and where they can look.  I doubt Melania's closet was stuffed like Sandy Bergers pants with classified material.

Also you stated that Hillary Clinton's classified were emails.  So I guess if Trump had an aide like Huma Abedin had all those classified documents scanned and put into PDF files and emailed to him, then that would be ok then.  HUH? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:
10 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

A distinction without a difference.  CLASSIFIED IS CLASSIFIED. 

Also we don't know if those classified emails had any attachments or does that make a difference if the Russians who hacked her computer had to print it out. 

TRY AGAIN. 

Expand  

Your confused my friend, very confused. an email document is not a stamped and held under lock and key document which is for certain people with certain security clearances to review, "For Your Eyes Only

Can you tell me the FOR YOUR EYES ONLY that was stamped on the sailors digital photo of the area he worked in on the nuclear submarine that he shared with no one, not even via an email? 

image.png.f4bc18f72e9e004a12ffc935d776a508.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

It is "reported" that all the former presidents have some classified information in their homes.  But I guess we will never know for sure because in the 250 years since the USA declared its independence Trump is the ONLY president it was ever deemed necessary to serve a search warrant on. 

Also omitted from the news reports was that there were ongoing negotiations with the Trump representatives over the documents.  Trump's lawyers had served a rebuttal challenging the governments claim to them.  THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A MATTER FOR THE CIVIL COURTS to adjudicate.  

However the Democrats wanted the public spectacle.  

Brilliant !  Just goes to show   the agency and Trumps lawyers were negotiating for these docs! 

When it comes to 45 the feeble left would have you believe that the former POTUS while in office stole these docs ! Imop

“All recent administrations have had some Presidential Records Act violations, most often involving the use of unofficial email and telephone accounts. White House documents from multiple administrations also have been retrieved by the Archives after a president has left office”.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/02/07/trump-records-mar-a-lago/

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What do you know, Trump has shared the video of Lindsey Graham in the interview where he says this on "Truth Social"

BREAKING: Donald Trump shares a video on “Truth Social” of MAGA Senator Lindsey Graham predicting “riots in the street” if Trump is prosecuted — a blatant effort from Trump to encourage political violence.

Conspiracy theory run a muck,

graham predicting   Vs  a claim of encouraging political violence.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, riclag said:

Brilliant !  Just goes to show   the agency and Trumps lawyers were negotiating for these docs! 

When it comes to 45 the feeble left would have you believe that the former POTUS while in office stole these docs ! Imop

“All recent administrations have had some Presidential Records Act violations, most often involving the use of unofficial email and telephone accounts. White House documents from multiple administrations also have been retrieved by the Archives after a president has left office”.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/02/07/trump-records-mar-a-lago/

Funny, your source doesn't mention anything about classified having to be retrieved, or indicate that past Presidents presented any reluctance to fulfill requests for the return of the documents.

29 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Did those presidents refuse to comply with a subpoena? Was one even served? Were any of the retrieved documents marked top secret? Email and telephone accounts don't seem to have the same import as top secret documents.

Not relevant ! Longwood made a broad stroke claim im merely 

backing him up with a source

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

He said “ . “If there is a prosecution of Donald Trump for mishandling classified information after the Clinton debacle… there’ll be riots in the streets,” That is as direct as you can possibly can say. Prosecute Trump and there’ll be riots in the streets. Incendiary language in a highly charged and volatile atmosphere. Irresponsible behavior and thuggery in demeanor.

It was reported as a Prediction ,  !

it certainly wasn’t being reported As a mobster threat nor encouraging political violence,  like you have said or that others have claimed without evidence ! You and others would do yourself justice if you use the opinion other than provoking others into something that its not!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2