Fears grow Trump's Truth Social is headed for bankruptcy as bills pile up: report

Scott

14 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Some time ago, around the early 2000s, someone built a development just outside NYC, condos and offices.  He was having trouble getting people interested.  After a while he came up with the idea of getting DT to attach his name to it, paid him a million dollars.  And the units sold like hotcakes.  A friend from the area told me about it back when.  This is the place:

Westchester condo complex dumps Trump name

I don't think there any doubt, with himself included, that going into politics was the worst decision of his life.

He didn't intend to win the first time. He ran to add value to his brand. If he had lost in 2016 with anything better than a Clinton landslide he would have accomplished that goal.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He didn't intend to win the first time. He ran to add value to his brand. If he had lost in 2016 with anything better than a Clinton landslide he would have accomplished that goal.

Sigh.  Years of GOP gerrymandering first delivered W, a success by their standards ("just sign what we give you, dummy"), and then a second popular loss/electoral win and the party gets their biggest booby prize.  I've stated before I'll never again use the expression "no one is that stupid."

As Grover Norquist (Mr Tax Pledge) said during the 2012 presidential campaign "it doesn't matter who the GOP nominates, we just need someone to sign our legislation."  (I keep recalling that amid this Herschel Walker mishigas.)

But I do suspect the orange guy has taken some pleasure in shredding the Republican party.

And just think: he was ready to drop out when the Access Hollywood tape came out, and Bannon talked him out of it.

Edited by bendejo

• 1 year later...

It looks like I didn't say anything stupid in this topic.

The fundamentals of Truth Social are still bad, so the long term prospects aren't good. The question is whether the share price will hold up long enough for Trump to cash out.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Digitalbanana said:

The stock price says its worth $1.9bn today, so $10bn sounds like hot air, ironic comes to mind.

Maybe Trump is bundling Truth Social stocks with Trump Approved bibles.

$60 a pop, beware of imitations.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Haha 2

On 8/30/2022 at 7:03 AM, 2baht said:

Awwww jeez! Can we maybe start a fund to help the poor one term loser out? I'm willing to stake him 15 baht.

Probably enough for a couple of shares at the rate it seems to be going!

• Thumbs Up 2

46 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Not only are the fundamentals still bad, the name is a total misnomer, a farce in fact, because nothing trump ever says is "truth", so they should call it "Lies Social" as that would be closer to the mark for trump and his cult followers.

and Twitter doesn't have any birds.

Truth Social is a vehicle for providing Trump with cash. Mostly from suckers. 

Strangely, the suckers on this board aren't investing in it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

But it does have tweets!!  Whilst Truth Social is a platform for trump lies!!

And on that note, what puzzles me and at the same time astounds me, is that all of the many thousands of lies that trump has told can be found online, in newspapers, various other publications and videos, so they are there for all to see, BUT the trumpies don't see them/don't acknowledge them!

So in effect they are lying to themselves, a bit like expecting to be able to book a room on the Titanic, when we all know it's at the bottom of the ocean – – but, using the same logic, trumpies don't.

Very strange behaviour, and perhaps it's because there is something in the Kool-Aid which has disturbed their wiring?

Trump fans acknowledge that Trump lies - to own the Libs.

My fear is that Trump Social will be used to pay Trump's legal bills and to fund his campaign.

What measures are in place to prevent people to invest in Trump Social and Trump filling his pockets with it ?

I can imagine dozens of different ways how this could be done.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, freeworld said:

Lets hope everyone on truth social is telling the truth otherwise it could be detrimental to the brand.

Lets' be honest the site will only publish what it's dishonest lying principal wants to see and which will be, in his view, falsely beneficial to his reelection. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, xylophone said:

Personally I can't buy into that statement Danderman123, mainly because it doesn't seem to make sense to me, and I look at it from a different perspective – – trump lies, and his fans also lie, as can be seen often on here, in order to kowtow to the cult leader and also seem to forget that lying about something which can be seen to be true, makes them as much a lying clown as he is!

There is no "honour" or "righteousness" in lying, because at the end of the day these clowns are only lying to themselves, and what does that say about them?

The Trump fans believe what Trump tells them today, even though today's lie may contradict yesterday's lie.

Take this topic, where Trump fans are all excited about the current valuation of Trump stock. But, two months ago, Trump predicted a stock market crash, hopefully before the election.

So, is this stock doomed before the election comes?

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Just a reminder that this stock almost hit $100 a share when the Trump deal was first announced, some years back.

What is it now??