Beware conmen selling marijuana seeds - they are NOT officially registered by DoMS

webfact

image.jpeg

77kaoded Thai Caption: Beware! Marijuana seeds for sale con

The chief of the Department of Medical Sciences warned members of the public not to buy seeds from criminals who claim that their seeds are officially registered and recognised by their department.

Suphakij Sirilak said that this referred to marijuana strains known as Hang Krarok Phuphan ST 1 and others.

ASEAN NOW notes that Hang Krarok - or squirrel's tail is a variety of marijuana more commonly known as Thai Stick.

It is sold far more cheaply than other strains that have more pungent flowers.

Suphakij said that for years the department has been doing studies but the public will need to wait a while before seeds and seedlings have their stamp of approval. 

It was all about quality checks.

One herbal center group has certified one strain called Tanaosri Kan Daeng RD1 that guarantees "feminized seeds" in 99% of cases. 

This strain has a high cannabinoid content and can be used to propagate the species, reported 77kaoded

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-08-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 2

This is a joke right? with more than 1 million people allowed to grow this stuff and very soon sell and export it, how would you who is a 'criminal'? i still don't know what they were thinking allowing sucha free hand to anyone to grow and sell as if it was some common vegetable...

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

This is a joke right? with more than 1 million people allowed to grow this stuff and very soon sell and export it, how would you who is a 'criminal'? i still don't know what they were thinking allowing sucha free hand to anyone to grow and sell as if it was some common vegetable...

Used to be one of the most common crops on the planet. Until of course of the cotton industry and the puritanical US government with its predilection for prohibition started sticking their beak in during the 1950's..learn your history

https://www.history.com/news/marijuana-criminalization-reefer-madness-history-flashback

Cannabis, also known as hemp or marijuana, evolved about 28 million years ago on the eastern Tibetan Plateau, according to a pollen study published in May. A close relative of the common hop found in beer, the plant still grows wild across Central Asia. More than 4000 years ago, Chinese farmers began to grow it for oil and for fiber to make rope, clothing, and paper.

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

It is not a vegetable  but it is a very common herb  Every one is allowed to grow it.  

What is the current law/view of foreigners growing weed? Same as Thai, 15 plants? Also, I read that registration was "encouraged", which to me means not required.  Has there been any official clarity on this?

16 minutes ago, Peabody said:

What is the current law/view of foreigners growing weed? Same as Thai, 15 plants? Also, I read that registration was "encouraged", which to me means not required.  Has there been any official clarity on this?

farang think too much,  I was complimented on my healthy thriving plants by  a policeman just the other day, His had recently died from lack of care ,due to him being assigned temporary duties away from home. I mentioned registration and he just laughed. As far as I am concerned that is clear enough

• Like 1