Bus service now available from Don Mueang Airport to Pattaya for 350 baht

snoop1130

299750272_2020493418146466_5136121585759073924_n-696x522.jpg

A bus service from the Don Mueang International Airport to Pattaya is now available.

The Don Mueang International Airport first announced on August 16th the new bus service, although press coverage and public announcements were made today, August 30th. They state;

• From the Don Mueang International Airport to Pattaya:

The bus service has two round trips per day from 10:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.. (350 baht per person)

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/08/30/bus-service-now-available-from-don-mueang-airport-to-pattaya-for-350-baht/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-08-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I never catch the bus, but Seems expensive. 

I've got to go to Chatuchak soon, might try it out. 

It's quite a long journey, is there a toilet on board? 

I read the Pattaya to Eckamai 113 baht? 

Price update if any, cheers. 

Yes its about 4 or 5 hours.

Us Pattaya  millionaires get the  airport bus from Thapraya- food mart to the Suvarnabhumi then  get on the RTS to downtown Bangkok  - fast- comfortable  but you  might find it expensive. Me, on all bus  journeys I book two seats

Edited by The Hammer2021

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

all bus  journeys I book two seats

That's a bloody brilliant idea. 

If I'm traveling to DM, 2 seats 700 baht. ???? you can pay a little more, hire a driver (Mr. T etc), get there alot quicker and in more comfort. 

Like I said, the 350 baht fare seems expensive. 

I reckon I'll stick with hiring my private driver. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

You used to be able (not sure now) to bus to savarnabhumi and then if you could produce an outbound ticket from DM get the free shuttle between airports.

Coming from DM there is a 60b minivan service to savarnabhumi which they call 555, it waits in the car park until full.

• Like 2

I've travelled many times between Pattaya and Bangkok airport. While the blue Roongruen had its fair share of Thai customers at 113 Baht, the Bell Travel Service showed 90% or more non-Thai passengers at 200 Baht. For an extra 150 Baht they now crawl through Bangkok's notorious traffic jams ...... time will tell, if it works or not. 
For all the others, get off the Roongruen services at 131 Baht, take the skytrain to Morchit (Chatujak market) for 42 Baht and catch the A1 or A5 bus to Don Meuang for another 30 Baht. Add the costs, throw in the various vehicle changes (think of luggage) and you'll end up with Bell's service for 350 Baht. 

• Like 1

As said above, this service does not appear to be bookable on line as claimed.  Maybe still WIP and only bookable at the bus station or airport?

However, it has revealed something new (to me at least) and that is the Bell Travel Service Pattaya/BKK route, including hotel pick up/drop off is back.  This is now bookable on line, 4 buses per day and an overall price of 325 baht (280 baht prior to Covid).

For the price sensitive the 350 baht to Don Mueang likely includes hotel pick up/drop off too so quite appealing to some for the convenience.

• Like 1