Telephone Scams

Danderman123

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

They claim you have a fraudulent bank account, and that you will be arrested if you don’t cooperate. They demand your bank account information.

Err, if they need your bank account info, meaning they don't already have it, how do they know it's a fraudulent account? Simple question to ask them, and then they'll hang up. Simples.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Err, if they need your bank account info, meaning they don't already have it, how do they know it's a fraudulent account? Simple question to ask them, and then they'll hang up. Simples.

Correct, but  you are thinking logically? Remember its in Thailand!????

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ezzra said:

You really have to be top notch duffus to fall for such and idiotic scam, and if your significant other is that stupid, get rid of her quickly...

They are susceptible, especially to perceived authority figures. You can only warn them... but if most are like mine, money burns a hole in her pocket and there is rarely much in her account.

The ones to get rid of quickly are gamblers, drug takers and ones with scrounging relatives. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mushroomdave said:

I have everyone I know already entered in my phone. 

If their name don't appear, it's an easy "call" LOL!!!!!

I wish it was that simple.

I sometimes get calls from a hospital or dentist to confirm an appointment from a number which is not in my call list!.....Sometimes they want to change the appointment date.

Of course I get the Promotional <deleted> sometimes, but I cut the call immediately.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Troy Tempest said:

I wish it was that simple.

I sometimes get calls from a hospital or dentist to confirm an appointment from a number which is not in my call list!.....Sometimes they want to change the appointment date.

Of course I get the Promotional <deleted> sometimes, but I cut the call immediately.

Understand but as far as my dentist, doctors and all goes, I have those in the phone too but tell them to also always email me for confirmations or anything else as I  may not be reachable by phone / out of the country.  Just saying but you are right, pick and nobody you know just cut them off!!  

• Like 1