Thailand has seen over 73 billion Baht and over 3,000 jobs from foreign investments so far in 2022

webfact

image.jpeg

By Buranond Kijwatanachai

Thailand has drawn in over 70 billion Baht in foreign investments so far in 2022 with Japan, China, and Singapore as the biggest investors while these investments have generated about 3,308 new jobs.

Sinit Lertkrai, the Deputy Minister of Commerce, revealed that a total of 323 investors have put money into the Thai economy in the first 7 months of 2022.

“July 2022 alone saw 39 investors put money into Thai businesses,” the deputy minister said.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/43585/thailand-has-seen-over-73-billion-baht-and-over-3000-jobs-from-foreign-investments-so-far-in-2022/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-09-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

these investments have generated about 3,308 new jobs.

Sinit Lertkrai, the Deputy Minister of Commerce, revealed that a total of 323 investors have put money into the Thai economy in the first 7 months of 2022.

Wait a mo'. Are you seriously trying to say 323 companies created 10 jobs each. I'd say that was a very poor outlook on Thailand as a potential work hub

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

That is an investment of 24 million bht for each job created!

Amazing Thailand indeed.

Are you trying to say there is s direct correlation to an investment amount and a job?

I would argue that cannot be the case. It depends where and for what the investment is made.

As usual the know nothing pessimists without a shred of facts are dissing the numbers for which the government agencies certainly have the facts.

Edited by userabcd

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Wait a mo'. Are you seriously trying to say 323 companies created 10 jobs each. I'd say that was a very poor outlook on Thailand as a potential work hub

Hate to sound like a defender of gov.... but.. 3,308 NEW jobs. How many old jobs were kept, who knows? At least they didn't buy the company, fire most of the staff and sell the parts like a wrecking yard

6 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Wow that's like 50 jobs a month created (rounding up).

3300+ jobs divided by 8 months... Hmmm, check your math again. I get that you were confused by the 323 investors, so just joking. ????

What people need to realize is that most of these investors put their money in existing Thai companies which is why it didn't necessarily create that many more jobs. Just bigger budgets for these companies.

I still find 73 billion B to be quite low frankly. But I'd have to do some actual research to see if it is. I won't and will instead wish these investors and companies the best.