Enoch Powell, he wasnt wrong in his forecast !

CharlieH

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Yeah. This is the (increasingly irrelevant) dinosaur fan club thread.

Yes, back when people could discuss things without just calling each other names . 

Oh my. Did I just use the 'd' word?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The abuse was from Powell himself. You might reflect on why he lost his job. Even then his views were regarded as toxic.

and yet Churchill could say that ''Islam in a man is worse than rabies in a dog'' with no consequence?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, transam said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, now we are getting to your anti-British stuff, I just knew it, the click..........Well done.....????

I'm not at all anti-British. Stop deflecting. Do you think that British colonialism was good for any of the countries they occupied?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

36 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, its rather rude to call other people "dinosaurs" .

Do you have any contribution to the discussion to make ?

You're right Mick. I have am sure real dinosaurs would be greatly upset at being associated with the likes of Powell and his sycophants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Another one

Is there actually anyone who isn't or wasn't a racist ?

That's the trouble and was one of Powell's points about the use of the word racist.

I have what would be called by others racist views but I would only commenting on how I feel about something or someone. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I'm not at all anti-British. Stop deflecting. Do you think that British colonialism was good for any of the countries they occupied?

You're not, wow.....................????

Open a thread about colonialism and I will answer........????

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 2:20 PM, proton said:

Sadly anyone turning up is allowed to stay and put up in 3 star hotels and given 40 quid a week and then looked after for life, this is why they pay 4-10k for a place in a boat! 

I read that as well! Shocking.

Daily Mail wasn't it? Or the Express?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Lots of people stood against the Nazis, It doesn't make them good people in and of itself.

I'll call everyone who is a racist a racist. Racists are scum. Only racists think Churchill was not a racist.

btw. Trump praised Hitler. Do you still like him?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/08/trump-praised-german-generals-loyalty-to-hitler.html

Wasn't it only in 1966 that Australia ended its Whites only policies in regards to immigration ?

Australia had racist immigration laws and you're pointing fingers at other Countries and their leaders !!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Wasn't it only in 1966 that Australia ended its Whites only policies in regards to immigration ?

Australia had racist immigration laws and you're pointing fingers at other Countries and their leaders !!!!!!!!!!

oh, I'm very happy to point the finger at Australian racism as well. Did you know we massacred a large proportion of the Aboriginal population? We forcibly removed kids form their parents for decades and abused them in institutions. Wanna start a thread about Australian crimes against humanity?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You singled out one thing that Powell said that was reasonable on the surface... without further context. You did not mention the egregious comments he made which caused him to get sacked and made him the political pariah that he remained until Trump made racism acceptable again. That is cherry picking.

The whole speech was about the subject of the UKs immigration rules and laws and whether immigration rules were necessary ,

Do you agree with Enoch that the U,K should have immigration rules or should 2 and a half billion commonwealth citizens be able to live in the UK as British citizens ?

• Like 2

On 9/2/2022 at 2:25 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Cannot believe you didnt know that , that is what the whole speech was about 

Another Google search that fails to propagate the illusion that someone knows more about their beloved (Brigadier) Enoch (MBE) that anyone else. That sort of worked for @transam but he got here first.

On 9/3/2022 at 2:02 AM, bert bloggs said:

See the piece in the paper today,road rage black woman with a shovel opens the door of a car and attacks the white guy,then another black guy threatens a person filming it ,lawless Britain.

Oops. There's that "in the paper" thing again.

Excuse me while I don't panic.

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

oh, I'm very happy to point the finger at Australian racism as well. Did you know we massacred a large proportion of the Aboriginal population? We forcibly removed kids form their parents for decades and abused them in institutions. Wanna start a thread about Australian crimes against humanity?

You are doing the anti-Brit thing again.........Thank you, it clarifies stuff from you........????

• Thanks 1