Senator and caretaker PM Prawit’s brothers are summoned for signing off on a police appointment who allegedly tortured her maid

webfact

image.jpeg

By Buranond Kijwatanachai

A senator and two younger brothers of caretaker Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan were summoned by a parliament committee for questioning regarding their role in the appointment of a female police corporal who allegedly tortured her female servant soldier.

“We are summoning around 20 people and we will ask the victim, Corporal Pattama Sisirat, to provide her statement on September 8 first and the committee has the power to do so,” said Teerajchai Phunthumas, a spokesman for the House committee on corruption and misconduct prevention and suppression.

Teerajchai said Senator Thani Onlahiad, Admiral Sitthawat Wongsuwan and Police General Patcharawat Wongsuwan will be questioned for the appointments of Police Corporal Kornsasi Buayaem and Corporal Pattama into the police force and the military.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/43617/senator-and-caretaker-pm-prawits-brothers-are-summoned-for-signing-off-on-a-police-appointment-who-allegedly-tortured-her-maid/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-09-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The level of corruption and practice of the "dark arts"  of deceit, manipulation, and illl gotten wealth, of this family would astound, if only it was known to the public.

They are not a credit to the nation. Something has to change. 

I really don't know if it's that much better in the west. with 50+% taxes, prosperity but little well-being. Corporate states that dictate society for their own gain, resulting in capital centralization (read poverty). I think it can be said for any system that society will not benefit much from it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The level of corruption and practice of the "dark arts"  of deceit, manipulation, and illl gotten wealth, of this family would astound, if only it was known to the public.

They are not a credit to the nation. Something has to change. 

Agree... but don't hold your breath.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, peter zwart said:

I really don't know if it's that much better in the west. with 50+% taxes, prosperity but little well-being. Corporate states that dictate society for their own gain, resulting in capital centralization (read poverty). I think it can be said for any system that society will not benefit much from it.

Nah mate I honestly think that nowhere in the West is there a single family with an army general (and coup leader/supporter!) a police general and a firkin admiral! something stinks and it's not just the admirals old sea boots!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1