Bangkok’s Yaowarat Road ranked among the world’s coolest streets

webfact

image.jpeg

By Online Reporter

We can only presume Time Out hasn’t visited Hua Hin Soi 51.

Bangkok’s famous Yaowarat Road has been named the eighth coolest street in the world, according to a poll by Time Out.

Over 20,000 people took part in the poll, which asked readers to rank their favourite streets based on food, fun, culture, and community.

Time out described Yaowarat as “one of Bangkok’s oldest thoroughfares, with a history that dates back to the city’s foundation, Yaowarat Road winds and curves through Bangkok’s riverside Chinatown.

“Lined with neon signs and bustling day or night, this cultural hub is home to temples, restaurants, markets and legions of acupuncturists and dispensers of Chinese medicine.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/thailand-news/bangkoks-yaowarat-road-ranked-among-the-worlds-coolest-streets/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-09-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

I liked that area around Yaowarat/Pahurat, but that was years back.  I used to buy little fried pastries from an old Indian (Sikh?) street vendor.  Went back maybe 15 or so years later and he was still in the same place, but with an assistant.  The old man had managed to visit relatives in the U.S.  I thought that was cool.

• Thanks 1

I don't give much credence to these sorts of polls: "Over 20,000 people took part in the poll, which asked readers to rank their favourite streets based on food, fun, culture, and community." Source article says locals were asked "what’s the coolest street in your city?"

Seems if going to claim "best in world", you would need people who make choices to have visited all or most of the cities in contention for "best in world".

"We then took those results to our global network of experts to narrow it all down and come up with a definitive ranking."  If data is all simply opinions of locals on their local neighborhoods, doesn't matter what the "global network of experts" do with it.