Thailand Heading For A Bustling High Season

webfact

I was at BKK for about 2 hours today.  It was packed.  But not like 2019.  Ball Park estimate would be around 60% to 70% like before the pandemic.  

On the plus side many new places to eat after immigration for international travelers.  I even saw a Taco Bell.  Next i time I leave BKK I am having a Burrito Supreme.  

• Haha 1

On 9/5/2022 at 1:34 AM, hotandsticky said:

I think you are wrong.

IMO there will be a high season that was busier than last year. Not sure that I would stretch it as far as 'bustling' but it will put rice in the mouths of workers in the tourism industry.

The increases in home country fuel bills etc are one reason to encourage snowbirds back to Thailand.

If they have got any money left for airfares???

Thumb-signal-emoticon-smiley-png-favpng-18fyyZ9vdD8PJFW0GzKjnQu6P.jpg.758b142232667528c04fccaa39347676.jpg

28 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I know several people in the building industry who are itching to get out here and have accumulated a decent amount of spending money.

GBP 711 direct flight with EVA end of November to end of February.

They will save that on fuel bills alone!  ????

That's what I keep telling my friends and family in the UK! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Photoguy21 said:

TAT need to come off whatever medication they are taking. It is obviously making them delusional.

TAT tells porkies is one of the Foundational Principles of ANF Economics. That's why we're lucky to have TAT: ANF to set the record straight, which, happily, requires no figures, merely the prescient Eyeballs. Or Ears: an important new Indicator has been revealed in this very thread: the sound of takeoffs at the CNX airport.???? 

Yet the real TAT's figures are accepted as gospel if they're negative, as they were in 2020's "Drastic" losses to Thai tourism with 1.57 TRILLION baht hit, admits tourism minister. No sneers there, no indeed. TAT had it exactly right in 2009 and 2014, too!

Amusingly, though, negative news exposes a contradiction in TAT: ANF's supposed objectivity and (cough) raises some doubts about how accurate its Eyeballed non-figures really are.

Negative TAT figures mean

-to savor the deliciousness of the loss to the fullest extent,

-stick the pointing fingers into all the pies,

-chant the rosary of usual complaints (affirm jet ski scam), and

-enjoy kicking back with a few Changs, tokes of good weed, then belly up to the keyboard to peck out The Only Solution:

To avoid a complete economic collapse, those idiots at TAT need to take immediate steps to encourage the return of the Big Spending Golden Egg Layers via unrestricted, perpetual, free tourist visas, baht devaluation to THB100/GBPeso, bar fine price controls, and proper Thai servility at all times in the presence of any Golden Egg Layer.

Ah. But then to enjoy this full Monty, the TAT: ANF now has to accept the official TAT figure from the previous year--though irrefutably discredited at the time by the Eyeballs.

And accordingly does so: now 22.77 million foreign tourists did visit in 2019 and did spend all that money TAT said they did.???? The Eyeballs now notice quite a big difference, and so Thailand's not doing enough to match that figure.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I am heading for a bustling high season also, just not in Thailand... Heading for pristine beaches, clean beaches, clear water and no air pollution. Now if I get a Thai babe with me perfect. Guess I will settle for a Mexican hottie..  Only problem with the Mexican gals is they smother you with affection... 

Edited by Gknrd

10 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

I am heading for a bustling high season also, just not in Thailand... Heading for pristine beaches, clean beaches, clear water and no air pollution. Now if I get a Thai babe with me perfect. Guess I will settle for a Mexican hottie..  Only problem with the Mexican gals is they smother you with affection... 

Thought maybe you were heading just north of the lower Thai border into Myanmar..a place called Myeik...pristine water and beaches.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2