TM 30 after returning to the same address.

I arrived on 31 august with a reentry permit to return to the same address where I've been living with my wife for 16 years.

We didn't do the TM 30 report. Will I be fined when I do my next 90 days report or my next extension of stay.

I go to the Jomtien immigration office.

Thanks.

57 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There no longer a requirement to submit a new TM30 report after entering with a re-entry permit for a extension of stay.

New regulation dated June of 2020.

Off topic, Hello UJ, if you were to leave Thailand with re-entry permit on your extension of stay and were still abroad at 90 report time from the cycles before you left, how can you just continue the cycle at zero when entering and do an online report 90 days later ? Wouldn't the online system show your cycle is out of sync thus not accepting a report and having a new tm6 ? thanks....

Edited by CANSIAM

3 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Wouldn't the online system show your cycle is out of sync thus not accepting a report and having a new tm6 ?

No if you enter your new arrival date when completing the application online. Immigration would approve it if you have a new arrival date and will be the report 90 days after arrival within the 15 day window to do them.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No if you enter your new arrival date when completing the application online. Immigration would approve it if you have a new arrival date and will be the report 90 days after arrival within the 15 day window to do them.

So this means that we do not need to do the first 90-day report after reentering by mail or in person?

5 minutes ago, placnx said:

So this means that we do not need to do the first 90-day report after reentering by mail or in person?

It can be done online, by mail or in person.

The online report has a space to enter your new arrival date. Immigration can confirm it by looking at their database that will show your most recent entry.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There no longer a requirement to submit a new TM30 report after entering with a re-entry permit for a extension of stay.

New regulation dated June of 2020.

UJ,

I’m sure that I read somewhere/sometime (here ?, in the past 6 months ?) that it was still necessary to report to the *Chiang Mai* Immigration Office within 24h after returning from abroad, even with a re-entry permit. … Are you able to confirm, one way or the other, if this is still the case. 

5 minutes ago, andersonat said:

UJ,

I’m sure that I read somewhere/sometime (here ?, in the past 6 months ?) that it was still necessary to report to the *Chiang Mai* Immigration Office within 24h after returning from abroad, even with a re-entry permit. … Are you able to confirm, one way or the other, if this is still the case. 

I have read reports of them not requiring one now.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Speaking about CM, my experience has been that they wanted it until recently, but last time I asked the officer said no. So I did not report (and update TM30) after my last trip in early August. I just hope all officers sing from the same book.

I know that the vast majority on this forum believes that TM30 is no longer required if you return from abroad and to the domicile previously registered, and this would include Chiang Mai. This may apply to many other provinces, but I do live in Chiang Mai, returned from Europa on 4th July 2022, reported my return the same day, and got issued a new TM30 as per picture below. I wonder why Chiang Mai Immigration would still do that if it was no longer a legal  requirement also in this province.

IMG_20220908_0001.jpg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, paddyfield7 said:

I wonder why Chiang Mai Immigration would still do that if it was no longer a legal  requirement also in this province.

It's as simple as Rogue immigration office.

Plenty of examples at different immigration offices.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 5:34 PM, paddyfield7 said:

I know that the vast majority on this forum believes that TM30 is no longer required if you return from abroad and to the domicile previously registered, and this would include Chiang Mai. This may apply to many other provinces, but I do live in Chiang Mai, returned from Europa on 4th July 2022, reported my return the same day, and got issued a new TM30 as per picture below. I wonder why Chiang Mai Immigration would still do that if it was no longer a legal  requirement also in this province.

IMG_20220908_0001.jpg

Could it be that it is not required but since you went to CM IMM to report they processed it anyway?  I just returned last night from being outside the country with my re entry permit going back to my same residence of 10 years and don’t plan to report 

Edited by jeffandgop
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jeffandgop said:

I just returned last night from being outside the country with my re entry permit going back to my same residence of 10 years and don’t plan to report

Good.

Since there is no requirement to do so.

Think uj mentioned that the law changed in June 2020 so any immigration office insisting on TM30 for eg your situation is wrong. 

23 minutes ago, jeffandgop said:

Could there be a difference in O & OA Non Immigrant EOS in when a TM 30 is required for those returning to Thai to the same address? I didn’t need one for my recent EOS based on marriage (OA Visa originally)

Any entry with a existing multiple entry visa or a re-entry permit for a extension of stay does not require a TM30 report. It is only needed if you enter with a new visa or visa exempt.

• Like 1

I have recently returned from my home country to my condo which is the same address as my previous TM30.   I have a elite visa and asked them if another TM30 submission is required.  They told me that I must submit a new TM30. Perhaps as there is no re-entry stamp for the elite its technically a new visa each time you arrive?

Edited by Jamie101
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jamie101 said:

. Perhaps as there is no re-entry stamp for the elite it technically a new visa each time you arrive?

It's not "a new visa each time you arrive"

It's a new permission of stay.

Have no idea why "they" told you that a TM30 is required. 

You do not need to file a TM30 

Edited by DrJack54

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's not "a new visa each time you arrive"

It's a new permission of stay.

Have no idea why "they" told you that a TM30 is required. 

Thanks for the clarification. It was the elite visa support that told me and on the elite visa facebook page other visa holders are being told the same.  Difficult to know what to do.  I spoke to my estate agent to ask the landlord to submit another TM30 and the agent said the landlord only does the 1st submission and I have to go to immigration myself for any further TM30.

Edited by Jamie101

5 minutes ago, Jamie101 said:

Thanks for the clarification. It was the elite visa support that told me and on the elite visa facebook page other visa holders are being told the same

Ignore it.

If I'm wrong on this uj will be along to correct it..

Or guys with an elite visa

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jamie101 said:

I have recently returned from my home country to my condo which is the same address as my previous TM30.   I have a elite visa and asked them if another TM30 submission is required.  They told me that I must submit a new TM30. Perhaps as there is no re-entry stamp for the elite its technically a new visa each time you arrive?

A Elite visa is a multiple entry visa that does not require a TM30 report every time you enter the country now (since June 2020).

From the regulation.

image.png.31838d9664ac6fc0309f787236d84e9b.png

Source: TM30 reporting regulation.pdf1.2 MB · 82 downloads

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A Elite visa is a multiple entry visa that does not require a TM30 report every time you enter the country now (since June 2020).

From the regulation.

image.png.31838d9664ac6fc0309f787236d84e9b.png

Source: TM30 reporting regulation.pdf1.2 MB · 82 downloads

Thank you ubonjoe.  It's a difficult situation.  As you have posted the law says I don't but Elite company say I do.  I will see if I can get in touch with elite visa holder that has returned from abroad and has done a 90 day report without any issue.

Edited by Jamie101

4 minutes ago, Jamie101 said:

Thank you ubonjoe.  It's a difficult situation.  As you have posted the law says I don't but Elite company say I do.  I will see if I can get in touch with elite visa holder that has returned from abroad and has done a 90 day report without any issue.

If you have returned to the same address you could do your 90 day report online. No need to deal with Thailand elite.

Site here: https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jamie101 said:

fyi this is the email I received.

You arrival date is updated when enter the country. The arrival immigration officer updates it in their database . Also you have a new arrival stamp in your passport.

When you do a 90 day report you enter the arrival date as well. Same for the online reporting site.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You arrival date is updated when enter the country. The arrival immigration officer updates it in their database . Also you have a new arrival stamp in your passport.

When you do a 90 day report you enter the arrival date as well. Same for the online reporting site.

Good to know.  I will see what happens on my next 90 days.  I will do it 2 weeks before in case there any issues.  I don't want to be going through the hassle of getting a new TM30 every time I leave my condo ????