How low can you go!

Thailand

19 minutes ago, taotoo said:

If she'd been born in Africa

She was, she was born in Nigeria, then moved to the US with her mother at age 13. I can only imagine her family were caught up in the Biafran war, that's the only major conflict in Nigeria during Queen Elizabeth's reign that the UK took sides. UK supported Nigeria against the Biafran separatists. But doesn't justify the tirade against the dying Queen. I guess her book sales aren't going well.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Stocky said:

She was, she was born in Nigeria, then moved to the US with her mother at age 13. I can only imagine her family were caught up in the Biafran war, that's the only major conflict in Nigeria during Queen Elizabeth's reign that the UK took sides. UK supported Nigeria against the Biafran separatists. But doesn't justify the tirade against the dying Queen. I guess her book sales aren't going well.

I can't fathom how that could be the case Stocky, as I was in Nigeria in the south-eastern state known as Biafra, and the war was between the south-eastern state which wanted to secede because it contained the oil reserves and didn't think that it was getting fair rewards from this, and especially as the North had massacred some of the Igbo people who were indigenous to the south-eastern state.

The North began a war and instituted a blockade and stopped just about everything from getting to the south-eastern state, which resulted in a huge famine, some of which I witnessed whilst I was there, and it was ironic that when I was in the UK I would give freely to the "help the Biafrans" fundraising, yet just a few months later there I was in amongst it.

I'm not sure that the UK had a huge influence in that war, because it started mostly as a tribal affair. 

So in summary, I'm not sure where this woman gets her hatred from?

36 minutes ago, xylophone said:

So in summary, I'm not sure where this woman gets her hatred from?

Neither do I. But I've seen various comments from Ireland, Argentina, Australia etc, etc from people who seem to take satisfaction from the death of an old lady. I guess it's what they feel she represents - that they can't see through that hatred or animosity to the little old lady herself is sad.

On 9/9/2022 at 1:17 PM, Stocky said:

She was, she was born in Nigeria, then moved to the US.

Then she's a huge beneficiary of colonialism. With her strong ideological views, I'm surprised she hasn't vacated the US, and given her property back to Native Americans. 

I dare say she has views on the country and people that has given her everything she has, too.

Edited by taotoo