Shopee - Illogical, Unfare or Stupid

D M G

On 9/9/2022 at 8:59 PM, steven100 said:

I asked the shop 3 times what is the size of the sandal from top to bottom in cm ?  so I could determine exactly what size sandal to order.

Why can you not just order shoe size, whether it be EU / US / UK size?

Is there a reason it must be measured?

9 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Why can you not just order shoe size, whether it be EU / US / UK size?

Is there a reason it must be measured?

because if I used their chart which says to measure your foot from tip to ankle then look at the chart to order that size I would have received a pair of sandals that were either too small or too big if I remember correctly,  I prefer to know the exact sandal length for the size 40 & 39 .... then I can determine the exact size pair for me.   No mistakes,  just confirmed measurements. 

It's risky buying clothes or shoes of the internet. 

Edited by steven100

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

because if I used their chart which says to measure your foot from tip to ankle then look at the chart to order that size I would have received a pair of sandals that were either too small or too big if I remember correctly,  I prefer to know the exact sandal length for the size 40 & 39 .... then I can determine the exact size pair for me.   No mistakes,  just confirmed measurements. 

It's risky buying clothes or shoes of the internet. 

i don't think i've ever had the need to either measure my foot or a pair of shoes.

12 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

Neither have I but I've never bought shoes online either. I normally see if they fit by putting my feet in them. ????

Back in the days we used x-ray (fluoroscopes) to check.  Even in small towns.

Vintage Shoe-Fitting X-Ray Machines Will Zap Your Feet | WIRED

Edited by lopburi3

On 10/2/2022 at 1:56 PM, possum1931 said:

Yes, same as Lazada, Lazada used to have a real person, now what they have is what they call a virtual chatline, you can only get answers to their chatline, you are not able to ask them a question, as you would a real person.

I didn't use it for a while. Normally they have this virtual chatline. But whenever I entered "talk to human'" I could immediately chat with a person. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Back in the days we used x-ray (fluoroscopes) to check.  Even in small towns.

Vintage Shoe-Fitting X-Ray Machines Will Zap Your Feet | WIRED

Now you mention it, I do remember having my feet measured when I was a child but not with anything as fancy as a fluoroscope. It was some metal device, like this:

foot_measuring_device.jpg

Edited by Mark1066

11 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

Now you mention it, I do remember having my feet measured when I was a child but not with anything as fancy as a fluoroscope. It was some metal device, like this:

foot_measuring_device.jpg

They had to go to that after fluoroscopes were banned (between 1957-70 most places).  Suspect they are still being used - but have gone Crocs myself - too old to tie shoes. 

On 9/9/2022 at 6:05 PM, London Lowf said:

I ordered from Shopee but the goods were not in stock despite being shown as "Available" - I cancelled the order and did get a refund but I wouldn't use them again.

Why wouldn't you use them? Jeez, some people are fussy. 

On 9/9/2022 at 5:57 PM, D M G said:

I bought a product from Shopee

I did not receive the product I ordered (looks like a scam)

I notified Shopee

They told me to contact the Seller about the problem and if not satisfied, contact the police

No action on their part, "our policy"

I BOUGHT THE PRODUCT FROM SHOPEE!

Nothing wrong with this. 

Did you contact the seller?

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

I didn't use it for a while. Normally they have this virtual chatline. But whenever I entered "talk to human'" I could immediately chat with a person. 

Try it now. I tried it today. I saw some things in the Lazada app. but I cannot get into it using the same email and password as I do on the website.

25 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Try it now. I tried it today. I saw some things in the Lazada app. but I cannot get into it using the same email and password as I do on the website.

Did you try to uninstall and then install it again? 

35 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

When I try to login with my Lazada Thailand credentials on the Lazada Malaysia website they also don't work. Go into the Settings in your phone, select the Lazada app and clear all the storage and data for it. I guess it got somehow initialized to the Malaysian setting. Or maybe it's even possible to switch the country inside the Lazada app.

10 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

When I try to login with my Lazada Thailand credentials on the Lazada Malaysia website they also don't work. Go into the Settings in your phone, select the Lazada app and clear all the storage and data for it. I guess it got somehow initialized to the Malaysian setting. Or maybe it's even possible to switch the country inside the Lazada app.

You can change the language and the country in the settings. It is easier to reinstall it than to delete the cache and the data. Then he also has the latest version. 

SmartSelect_20221018-175316_Lazada.jpg

36 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

I switched it from Malaysia to Thai to get the prices on Thai Baht. I will try what you said.