Shopee - Illogical, Unfare or Stupid

D M G

12 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

That's not the correct way to do it.

You go into your orders, select the relevant order, click on refund/return and then follow the process there.

The website shows the order has not shipped, so the option for a refund is not available.

3 hours ago, Gaccha said:

You MUST follow their procedures. Doing random things like writing e-mails or telephone calls or getting angry on the Lazada/Shopee chat facility, will not lead anywhere.

You have to initiate a dispute. Lazada and Shopee are both telling you how to do this. 

Once initiated, Shopee says:

"Upon receiving a dispute request, Shopee will investigate the case and come to a fair resolution after reviewing the evidence submitted by buyers and/or sellers. This will take around 7-9 working days from the date the dispute was raised, which may be subjected to changes depending on the reason for return/refund."

The analogy for a regulat shop is like trying to get the security guard to give you a refund or asking the girl packing shelves or screaming at the window. They point to the counter but you just keep raving and raging instead. 

When I complained of a faulty good with Lazada I followed the procedure. It requires you press a dispute button for the order.  This resulted in Lazada providing, automatically, a way to send free by post the good in dispute. They literally check the item and then enforce a refund. They do not ignore you. They favour you. 

FOLLOW THE PROCEDURE.

The lastest from Shopee:

We have already received your email and acknowledged your issue. However, we have checked but saw that the Airway Bill (Label of shipment) was not created by Shopee's system.

Which made us could not investigate on this parcel as well as track back for the money since we will not receive the money from the parcel that was not arranged by our system.

We would like to suggest you to contact the police to report and request for search warrant of seller's address by explain to the police that you received a wrong product which was paid by cash on delivery.

Note : (The example of search warrant: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16bMKTSwqima3bM2eA_CnZXU0Pr1W39qS/view

If you have got the search warrant. Please contact and send it to Kerry Express directly to request for seller's address as well as track the money back for you (Normally, when the receiver pays for a parcel. The logistics company will get that money to transfer to seller after that). You can contact Kerry Express: 1217 to suspend the payment to this seller.

However, if Kerry Express is unable to withhold the balance on time, we will be gladly to cooperate with Kerry Express if we find that the sender is related to our seller. We kindly request that you should file a complaint requesting a subpoena/search warrant to request for seller's information first.

Address details of Kerry Express (use for send the search warrant to their legal department).

ที่อยู่ : บริษัท เคอรี่ เอ็กซ์เพรส (ประเทศไทย) จำกัด (มหาชน)

89 อาคารเจ้าพระยาทาวเวอร์ ชั้นที่ 9 ห้องเลขที่ 906 ซอยวัดสวนพลู ถนนเจริญกรุง แขวงบางรัก เขตบางรัก กรุงเทพมหานคร 10500

We hope that you have a great shopping experience with us.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes ...  I tend to agree ,   Shopee exonerates themselves of all responsibility when buying online.

Today I ordered a pair of sandals,

I asked the shop 3 times what is the size of the sandal from top to bottom in cm ?  so I could determine exactly what size sandal to order.

It's like asking for a tooth to be pulled .....    so much pain  '

I simply wanted actual sandal measurement from top to bottom before I order. So they send me the EU foot size chart which is useless because some sandals are larger than others.

Finally he comes back and say's ...oh the sandal is at our warehouse so I can't measure.

jeeeeze ......  couldn't you ask someone at the warehouse to measure a sandal ...... 

I'm so sick and tied of this sort of non-helpful attitude from Shopee, Lazada,  online shops and most Thai folk. 

You send an email .... no reply,   you leave a message on a mobile ... no reply, 

You try to ask a question about a product on Shopee or Lazada ....   no reply .....

So tied of this bs. 

You ask too many questions sir...and not buy in over 4 days!  You waste our time! lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

haha... Dart,  I asked nicely in Thai and English, I sent them a picture,  but still it's a mountain too high to climb .. 

sandalsize.PNG.9df05fe2b960191233aef0a64e32a461.PNG

I got that response from a health insurance agent online.   I immediately found another agent to give business to.

If not going to help me while they trying to get my money, they never gonna help AFTER it's pocketed.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, D M G said:

The website shows the order has not shipped, so the option for a refund is not available.

Ok, so the situation is this:

1) You ordered an item from Shopee, which the seller never shipped.

2) Somebody sent you a parcel with some random stuff inside and you paid the asked COD amount.

You ask shopee for money which you paid to person 2). Why should they refund you this money, they have nothing to do with it.

If the COD amount from 2) matches the order you placed on Shopee, the seller might have passed on your information to the scammer (or it might be the same person), but even if you could prove this connection, Shopee would still not be at fault.

The easiest way to avoid this scam is to not pay COD, or if you do make sure that you pay for the correct parcel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only reason I don't like shopee is like last night .  I am watching a film , I miss a bit as a cat wants to come in the door 7 floor tiles distance away. I go back to restart the film and oh hello shopee. Now the problem is likely the buffering as my internet provider goes home when it gets dark.  But if I look at viewed today I get ASEAN NOW shopee , film , shopee , E Mail , shopee.

I wish shopee would go shop somewhere else and never darken my monitor again !

6 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Ok, so the situation is this:

1) You ordered an item from Shopee, which the seller never shipped.

2) Somebody sent you a parcel with some random stuff inside and you paid the asked COD amount.

You ask shopee for money which you paid to person 2). Why should they refund you this money, they have nothing to do with it.

If the COD amount from 2) matches the order you placed on Shopee, the seller might have passed on your information to the scammer (or it might be the same person), but even if you could prove this connection, Shopee would still not be at fault.

The easiest way to avoid this scam is to not pay COD, or if you do make sure that you pay for the correct parcel.

Latest update.  The Seller/Scammer contacted me and said they are shipping the correct product.  But no details.   I asked date, Tracking, No COD.  No response, yet.  Watch a box come COD again!  If they are a scammer, if would be unlikely to get any complaint response unless they think I'm a total idiot.

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

Today I ordered a pair of sandals,

I asked the shop 3 times what is the size of the sandal from top to bottom in cm ?  so I could determine exactly what size sandal to order.

Maybe the shop was confused by the terminology you used in your request. The size of a shoe is not measured from top to bottom, but the length of the foot, from heel to toe.

10 minutes ago, tweedledee2 said:

Maybe the shop was confused by the terminology you used in your request. The size of a shoe is not measured from top to bottom, but the length of the foot, from heel to toe.

no ...  the shop understood completely what I asked,  I explained it in simple terms both english & thai,  it is simply that if you ask any question about something your buying it's too hard for them to answer,   they just want to process the sale and that's it.  

In other words, they only think inside the box,  there can be no deviation from their thinking ....

Anyway,   I just received the sandals and they fit correctly ......   if I went by the foot chart they sent me I would have a pair way too small.     I was lucky this time .   

Edited by steven100

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I always pay cash on delivery with all these Shopping Platforms.

It cuts down on any potential scam if you open and check your order at the Door before paying over the Cash

The scam to which OP fell victim is only possible because he chose COD.

You can't open the parcel before paying.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, London Lowf said:

I ordered from Shopee but the goods were not in stock despite being shown as "Available" - I cancelled the order and did get a refund but I wouldn't use them again.

i have just purchased 2 seperate items from them, both got here on faster than expected and were of excellent quality and good price, i will definetly use them again

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

That happens to me countless times. Sellers advertise stock that they don't have. Always refunded though.

Only real issue I had was when a product was shipped, there was delivery confirmation and signature, but we did not receive it. Delivered to the wrong address obviously. We contacted Shopee who said it was up to us to contact Thailand Post and find the parcel. Thailand Post were no help, so we were left out of pocket. Fortunately it was not a big amount.

Shouldn't have happened of course. Had a Lazada product showing as 'delivered'. Was referred to Best. Turned out package had been returned to their depot because we were out. Local delivery guy was most apologetic for forgetting to bring it out with him the next day. 

21 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Shouldn't have happened of course. Had a Lazada product showing as 'delivered'. Was referred to Best. Turned out package had been returned to their depot because we were out. Local delivery guy was most apologetic for forgetting to bring it out with him the next day. 

COD certainly would have saved the day here instead of bank transfer to Shopee. People may be quite happy to take someone else's delivery and keep quiet about it, but if asked to pay on the spot, then no they won't be !

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

COD certainly would have saved the day here instead of bank transfer to Shopee. People may be quite happy to take someone else's delivery and keep quiet about it, but if asked to pay on the spot, then no they won't be !

How?  Product was not delivered to wrong person - it was returned to warehouse due customer not being at home (or delivery guy saying that because time to go home) and delivered later. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 10:23 AM, D M G said:

Latest update.  The Seller/Scammer contacted me and said they are shipping the correct product.  But no details.   I asked date, Tracking, No COD.  No response, yet.  Watch a box come COD again!  If they are a scammer, if would be unlikely to get any complaint response unless they think I'm a total idiot.

Another update.  The Seller/Scammer continues to send me incomplete messages.  "Shipped."  "No pay."  "I ask."  But, no tracking number, nor detailed information.  The actual order itself, does not show anything ever shipped on Shopee's website.  The 3 Day Late policy will automatically cancel it today, leaving another void.  QUESTION - why do they keep in touch with me if they are Scammers?

I am guessing you have experienced what I have.  I purchase a lot from Shopee.  In general very good but on numerous occasions I will order something and it will never ship.  

I believe what the seller is doing is gathering information on your name, address, and telephone number.  On more than one occasion I used the COD method.  Shortly thereafter COD packages began arriving at my address.  I paid and fortunately opened the item quickly and notified the shipping company, J&T express not to pay the COD seller because it was a scam. 

You will find this game very true when the seller is relatively new to Shopee, that you see the same listing all from relatively new sellers with no ratings, and for prices noticeably less than others sellers.  

I am guessing they sell your information such as name, address, phone number etc to a third party like phone scammers or that they are in fact the phone scammer. 

3 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

I am guessing you have experienced what I have.  I purchase a lot from Shopee.  In general very good but on numerous occasions I will order something and it will never ship.  

I believe what the seller is doing is gathering information on your name, address, and telephone number.  On more than one occasion I used the COD method.  Shortly thereafter COD packages began arriving at my address.  I paid and fortunately opened the item quickly and notified the shipping company, J&T express not to pay the COD seller because it was a scam. 

You will find this game very true when the seller is relatively new to Shopee, that you see the same listing all from relatively new sellers with no ratings, and for prices noticeably less than others sellers.  

I am guessing they sell your information such as name, address, phone number etc to a third party like phone scammers or that they are in fact the phone scammer. 

Unlike J&T, my "wrong" order wad delivered by Kerry, who told me to go to the police to have a warrant issues.  Once issued, they would get involved.

6 hours ago, D M G said:

Unlike J&T, my "wrong" order wad delivered by Kerry, who told me to go to the police to have a warrant issues.  Once issued, they would get involved.

You have two chances with the police.  Slim and None and Slim left town several weeks ago.  

Now if the police were to follow up  you can give them the tracking number and Kerry is suppose to have information on who the sender is.  Kerry would also be depositing the money electronically to the sender.  That bank again should have required identification on who opened the account.  

However my experience with Thai police is that they will very dutifully take down the information and then promptly ignore it afterwards.