Shopee - Illogical, Unfare or Stupid

D M G

6 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

You have two chances with the police.  Slim and None and Slim left town several weeks ago.  

Now if the police were to follow up  you can give them the tracking number and Kerry is suppose to have information on who the sender is.  Kerry would also be depositing the money electronically to the sender.  That bank again should have required identification on who opened the account.  

However my experience with Thai police is that they will very dutifully take down the information and then promptly ignore it afterwards. 

Assumed the same.  Seems like a Better Business Bureau would come in handy right now.

On 9/13/2022 at 3:45 AM, D M G said:

Assumed the same.  Seems like a Better Business Bureau would come in handy right now.

The Better Business Bureau in the USA is a scam.  You make "contributions" to it to keep your name in good with them.  

The fact is that there are a couple of parties who should do a better job.  Shopee and Lazada should vett the new sellers better.  When you have a new seller and they immediately or shortly thereafter don't ship the merchandise in a timely manner, their account should be suspended.  That is a red flag that they are fake sellers looking only for the name and address information.  The delivery companies should also do a better job of vetting people who are taking COD's.  With new COD sellers there should be a longer waiting period between collecting the money from the customer and remitting it giving opportunity for someone scammed to contact them and contest the transaction.  Also I have no idea how diligent they are in obtaining identification from sellers setting up COD accounts.  It could even be the fraudsters use MULES to open accounts on their behalf.  One way or anohter, if you buy on Shopee or Lazada and the product doesn't contain a tracking number from them, don't accept the COD.  It is a scam. 

2 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

When you have a new seller and they immediately or shortly thereafter don't ship the merchandise in a timely manner, their account should be suspended.  That is a red flag that they are fake sellers looking only for the name and address information.  The delivery companies should also do a better job of vetting people who are taking COD's.  With new COD sellers there should be a longer waiting period between collecting the money from the customer and remitting it giving opportunity for someone scammed to contact them and contest the transaction.  Also I have no idea how diligent they are in obtaining identification from sellers setting up COD accounts.  It could even be the fraudsters use MULES to open accounts on their behalf.  One way or anohter, if you buy on Shopee or Lazada and the product doesn't contain a tracking number from them, don't accept the COD.  It is a scam. 

I saw 1 Lazada seller today who was either 25% or 50% on Cancellations.

I was wondering how he could be defaulting that much on received orders.

So you think it was to collect buyer info?

Edited by JimmyJ

On 9/14/2022 at 4:55 PM, JimmyJ said:

So you think it was to collect buyer info?

Yes, I don't know if these "sellers" resell the information or they are scammers who use it.  I know I purchased a handbag on Shopee and was concerned so I opted for COD as a payment option.  The bag never shipped but a package did arrive one day COD.  I paid for it and it was a bag but a cheap piece of <deleted>.  Fortunately the driver called me to notify me of the package arriving.  I immediately called him and said not to transfer the money to the seller that this was a scam.  Though it was a lot of work the shipping company eventually paid me back.  The original bag never shipped which confirmed my suspicions that they were just a front to get the address to use. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Yes, I don't know if these "sellers" resell the information or they are scammers who use it.  I know I purchased a handbag on Shopee and was concerned so I opted for COD as a payment option.  The bag never shipped but a package did arrive one day COD.  I paid for it and it was a bag but a cheap piece of <deleted>.  Fortunately the driver called me to notify me of the package arriving.  I immediately called him and said not to transfer the money to the seller that this was a scam.  Though it was a lot of work the shipping company eventually paid me back.  The original bag never shipped which confirmed my suspicions that they were just a front to get the address to use. 

Kerry will not refund unless I go to the police and have a warrant issued, after which they will wait for the police to further investigate for Shopee, before taking other action.  DEADEND

46 minutes ago, D M G said:

Kerry will not refund unless I go to the police and have a warrant issued, after which they will wait for the police to further investigate for Shopee, before taking other action.  DEADEND

AND - Shopee continues to allow the Seller on their site!

8 hours ago, D M G said:

There is a little misunderstanding. They do not ask for a search warrant. That could only be granted by a judge. What they want you to get is a request by the police for information about the sender of the parcel from the shipping company. With this document, Kerry will go into their system and find out who was the actual sender. This is not a dead end, why not do what they suggest?

7 hours ago, D M G said:

AND - Shopee continues to allow the Seller on their site!

Of course. Because so far you have not followed the whole process. All they have is a person complaining but no proof, no paperwork from police, no nothing. All they see is that some order was not shipped which is not enough to suspend a seller unless it happens a lot.

4 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

There is a little misunderstanding. They do not ask for a search warrant. That could only be granted by a judge. What they want you to get is a request by the police for information about the sender of the parcel from the shipping company. With this document, Kerry will go into their system and find out who was the actual sender. This is not a dead end, why not do what they suggest?

Of course. Because so far you have not followed the whole process. All they have is a person complaining but no proof, no paperwork from police, no nothing. All they see is that some order was not shipped which is not enough to suspend a seller unless it happens a lot.

I have a labeled, delivered package with a cheap can of aloe gel inside.

13 minutes ago, D M G said:

I have a labeled, delivered package with a cheap can of aloe gel inside.

But what is that supposed to prove? It's a package unrelated to your order on Shopee as far as they are concerned.

11 minutes ago, D M G said:

AND, just now, a message from the SELLER with 1 word: "e-delivery."

Get the document from police, go to Kerry with it and follow what the companies suggest you do. THEN go to Shopee with the all the documentation and see if they do something. You can also try to send the sender the police documents and see how they react. Maybe they get scared enough to refund you.

On 9/9/2022 at 6:52 PM, D M G said:

To be more specific, I ordered a bottle of Perfume, and received a can of Aloe Vera Gel.

Do not believe if stated or not.  Was the price paid exactly what Shopee said it should be?  Did Shopee ever report delivery?  There seem to be shipments made just in the hope receiver will not question it and pay - we always have to check on such items for family members before making payments.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/17/2022 at 6:47 AM, D M G said:

That will not happen.  Best to verify with Shopee or Lazada if you are using the COD option that the package has been sent and that the tracking number matches.  That way if the item is not as represented you can charge back to Shopee/Lazada.  If it is a different tracking number, they will say, that no that is not our shipment. 

On 9/19/2022 at 5:45 PM, Longwood50 said:

That will not happen.  Best to verify with Shopee or Lazada if you are using the COD option that the package has been sent and that the tracking number matches.  That way if the item is not as represented you can charge back to Shopee/Lazada.  If it is a different tracking number, they will say, that no that is not our shipment. 

That's the scam...

But Shopee should ban the Seller for future transactions, and they haven't...

35 minutes ago, D M G said:

That's the scam...

They will only do so if the order to non-shipment rate gets pretty high or if customers provide evidence of illegal behaviour. But I think so far you have not followed through with police etc. which means so far they have only a complaint which isn't enough to ban a seller unless a lot of people complain.

2 hours ago, D M G said:

That's the scam...

Why would they ban a seller just because one customer complains?

Do you have proof that the shopee seller was the person who sent you this parcel or that he forwarded your information to the scammer?

Edited by FriendlyFarang

Im really confused - I ordered a jacket from Shopee .. just a fake under armor windbreaker, 500B .. no biggie.

I took a bit of time to get a tape measure out and follow the size guidelines. It took 4 weeks to arrive, which I was unaware of at the time, obviously some drop ship vendor. It came today - the thing is kind of small, but wearable, but the end of the sleeves are halfway up my arm.

I never use shopee, but I couldn't find this obvious fake on lazada. 

Generally, Lazada vendors are pretty good, if its not delivered within a week, you will get a refund. There is even an option to return the item because the measurements on the ad were incorrect, I think. 

So, immediately I want to return the jacket, there is no return button? I contact Shopee, they say its out of warrantee? huh? it only arrived today. I had to contact the seller who said something incomprehensible, something about my arms and a silly sticker, saying thank you in Thai. Wt f?

AFAIK there is not English option to text-chat - if something goes wrong, you are shafted. How can shopee operate in this manner?

I spend a scary amount with Lazada, and generally its a good experience, until it isnt, but never as bad as this shopee experience.

Edited by recom273
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, recom273 said:

Im really confused - I ordered a jacket from Shopee .. just a fake under armor windbreaker, 500B .. no biggie.

I took a bit of time to get a tape measure out and follow the size guidelines. It took 4 weeks to arrive, which I was unaware of at the time, obviously some drop ship vendor. It came today - the thing is kind of small, but wearable, but the end of the sleeves are halfway up my arm.

I never use shopee, but I couldn't find this obvious fake on lazada. 

Generally, Lazada vendors are pretty good, if its not delivered within a week, you will get a refund. There is even an option to return the item because the measurements on the ad were incorrect, I think. 

So, immediately I want to return the jacket, there is no return button? I contact Shopee, they say its out of warrantee? huh? it only arrived today. I had to contact the seller who said something incomprehensible, something about my arms and a silly sticker, saying thank you in Thai. Wt f?

AFAIK there is not English option to text-chat - if something goes wrong, you are shafted. How can shopee operate in this manner?

I spend a scary amount with Lazada, and generally its a good experience, until it isnt, but never as bad as this shopee experience.

Shopee's Code of Conduct:  "The customer is always wrong"

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 6:35 PM, eisfeld said:

They will only do so if the order to non-shipment rate gets pretty high or if customers provide evidence of illegal behaviour. But I think so far you have not followed through with police etc. which means so far they have only a complaint which isn't enough to ban a seller unless a lot of people complain.

Amazon would cut off the Seller without a blink of the eye...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, D M G said:

Amazon would cut off the Seller without a blink of the eye...

Funny you say that. I've been spending hours the past days finding some proper products on Amazon the past days because of all the <deleted> sellers with fake reviews that Amazon is flooded with nowerdays. It's not outright scams but it became really difficult to find good quality stuff sometimes. Clearly Amazon has a lot of issues themselves. But the same situation like described in this topic can't even arise there because they don't have COD with the seller sending himself so can't compare.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

Funny you say that. I've been spending hours the past days finding some proper products on Amazon the past days because of all the <deleted> sellers with fake reviews that Amazon is flooded with nowerdays. It's not outright scams but it became really difficult to find good quality stuff sometimes. Clearly Amazon has a lot of issues themselves. But the same situation like described in this topic can't even arise there because they don't have COD with the seller sending himself so can't compare.

Shopee has an exploited hole in the process and won't address it.  The Seller is still active with the same product.  Tough luck Buyer.  Go to the Cops.

4 minutes ago, D M G said:

Shopee has an exploited hole in the process and won't address it.  The Seller is still active with the same product.  Tough luck Buyer.  Go to the Cops.

Yup go to the Cops as they requested. Maybe they'll do something if you follow their process?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2022 at 7:19 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Shopee chat is useless, impossible to chat with a real person

Yes, same as Lazada, Lazada used to have a real person, now what they have is what they call a virtual chatline, you can only get answers to their chatline, you are not able to ask them a question, as you would a real person.

10 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, same as Lazada, Lazada used to have a real person, now what they have is what they call a virtual chatline, you can only get answers to their chatline, you are not able to ask them a question, as you would a real person.

last time i tried with Lazada i started the chat with "fraud" that seemed to go straight to a real person

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I think that would be a real waste of time no matter when you try it.

Why? I was able to get through to a real person and so have others. Costs you a minute to try yourself. I think it's a bigger waste of time to not try and post about it being a waste of time ????