Non-B query

Hello everyone,

I'm currently on a Non-B with yearly extensions based on working. My problem is my full 5 year teaching license documents may not be completed by January and they may not give me another teaching waiver license (I've been working on it for 3 years, it's a very long process and covid didn't help). I will be married to my Thai girlfriend next month, is it possible to change my Non-B extension based on work to an extension based on marriage or do I have to change to a Non-O visa? If I have to change to a Non-O, can it be done in country or do I have to leave to obtain this visa. It's not an urgent matter right now but I'd like to know what options that I may have in the future.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

You change the reason for your extension of stay based upon working to one based upon marriage to a Thai. You current extension will need to be canceled before doing the change.

You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 month's on the day apply for the new extension or 40k baht of income.

1 minute ago, Quadro80 said:

Thanks for your quick reply Joe. Can the extension be cancelled and then changed to marriage on the same day at immigration or is it a process over a few days?

It will need to be canceled on the day you apply for the new extension.

• Thanks 1