Cambodian woman and three children in custody for begging in Pattaya

snoop1130

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijMhwntaUWTjPhrUMdLlnk2nyMwOtJ-600x338.png

A Cambodian woman and her three children were taken into the custody of Pattaya City’s social welfare officials today (Wednesday), after they were found begging in Free Town market in the city in Chon Buri province.

The officials also held a Vietnamese woman and a child, who were found selling flowers to tourists in the same area.

The officials asked for identity cards from the two women, but they could not produce them. Both told the officials that they entered Thailand illegally to make some money.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/cambodian-woman-and-three-children-in-custody-for-begging-in-pattaya/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-09-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I beg to differ. Now admittedly that was many years back, but I finished my work in wee hours and was walking home when I passed Pratunam intersection... There a Mercedes stopped... out the back seat came a beggar who I've seen every day (and remembered as she was aggressive), with at least one more in car, as it drove off...

Another one I remember was beggar with a child ordering pizza delivery to overpass near Central Chidlom. Of course, everyone decides for him/herself how they manage funds and what their meals are, you just wonder how desperate person is to order a meal 10x the price of local food.

I still support beggars I feel pity on, but no longer in touristy areas, and rather help those trying to make a living working, by generously tipping them. Like my cut fruit is 20 baht, give a 100 and don't take change, or tipping a small restaurant, Grab delivery guy or honest taxi driver. People trying hard to earn money doing something other than just sitting and waiting.

What you are saying is rear. Until you become a beggar yourself you will not know the meaning of desperate/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

What you are saying is rear. Until you become a beggar yourself you will not know the meaning of desperate/

True. I wasn't referring to all beggars, just some, for whom that is their "job", not the really desperate ones. Apologies if it sounded like I am throwing them all in the same basket.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The officials asked for identity cards from the two women, but they could not produce them. Both told the officials that they entered Thailand illegally to make some money.

A trip back homes seems appropriate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wombat said:

If they do that to Cambodians why are the farang beg-packers allowed to get away with it?

I am not without my share of mistakes.  I refuse to judge the “begpackers”.  It is very easy to get in trouble here. I would prefer to err on the side of compassion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Very sorry for the few real desesperate beggar but most of the beggar do it by choice because they earn more money like that. I have a lot of compassion for the disabled beggar and always give them but I hate beggars with children and I never give them anything. I know people want to do good by giving them, but the kids are on the street because people give them money. And sometimes it's just big mafia taking people on the streets with children from other people. 

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Correct.  Maybe you can help me understand why "being poor is the fault of the rich", as that poster bizarrely claimed?   Thanks 

The poster was right, and anyone who is fairminded and not a capitalist would be able to see this.

I notice your posts and most times I disagree with you so there is no point in me getting into a debate with you. So let's just leave it at that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1