Tourist Visa

i have been here for three months, geting a one month extension. will i still be able to keep doing this with the new rules coming in. also,i go to mae sot for my visa, it costs 500 baht. someone went to mae sai and was only 250 baht. any info on this. ?

i have been here for three months, geting a one month extension. will i still be able to keep doing this with the new rules coming in. also,i  go to mae sot for my visa, it costs 500 baht. someone went to mae sai and was only 250 baht. any info on this. ?

go and there and flip a coin, heads doesn't mean squat, and tails either. get a real visa from a thai consulate if you want piece of mind.

Temporary tourist visa: Visa on arrival

- According to the Interior Ministerial Announcements ,passport holders from some countries may apply for visas at the immigration checkpoints for the purpose of tourism for the period of not exceeding 15 days.

- The applicant must possess instrument of means of living expenses 10,000 per person and 20,000 Baht per family accordingly.

- The applicant must produce instrument of means of transport (full paid ticket) which is usable within 15 days since the date of entry.

- Visa on arrival is provided at 12 designated international checkpoints and applicants should produce the application form to which his/her recent photograph (2 1/2 inches) is attached. The application fee is 300 Baht.

- Visitors who enter the Kingdom with Visa on Arrival generally cannot file an application for extension of stay except in special cases such as illness which prevents them from travelling, etc. They can submit an application at the Office of Immigration Bureau , Immigration Division 1, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120. Tel. (662) 287-3127 or 287-3101-10 ext. 2264-5.

- List of Thailand’s Immigration Checkpoints which provides facilities for issuance of visa on arrival are as follow :

1. Don Muang International Airport , Bangkok

2. Chiangmai International Airport , Chiangmai

3. Phuket International Airport , Phuket

4. Hatyai International Airport , Songkla

5. U Tapao Airport , Rayong

6. Mae Sai Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai

7. Chieng Saen Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai

8. Chieng Khong Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai

9. Betong Immigration Checkpoint , Yala

10. Sadoa Immigration Checkpoint , Songkla

11. Samui Immigration Checkpoint , Surat Thani

12. Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration checkpoint

This is where im at. I need to stay about sixty days. Should I get the tourist visa at the airport and have it extended for another month. Or can I get a 60 day visa?

I will be back and forth often next year but not longer than a month or so .

Thanks

This is where im at. I need to stay about sixty days. Should I get the tourist visa at the airport and have it extended for another month. Or can I get a 60 day visa?

You should get a 60 day tourist visa in your home country as travel without visa for longer than a 30 day stay may not be allowed by airline (rules say you must have outbound ticket within that time).

You do not receive a 30 day visa at airport - you only get an stay permitted stamp and extension of that is only 10 days (normally).

Thank you lopburi 3,

Do I have to report after 30 days on a 60 day visa ?

Sorry about the stupid question, I just dont know and I dont want to get in trouble.

I have either stayed longer on a O or short enough to not need a visa before.

Thanks again