800,000 baht in a Thai bank for retirement visa extension. Can that money be in two separate Bangkok Bank accounts that are in my name?

For the 800,000 baht in a Thai bank for retirement visa extension. Can that money be in two separate Bangkok Bank accounts that are in my name?

The reason I ask is, I am first going to try the combo method. So I will transfer 200,000 baht to my current Bangkok Bank account to combo with my social security pension. But if I end up having to do the 800,000 in a Thai bank, I will want to get a separate Bangkok Bank account only for that money. 

Thanks for any advice. 

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes 2 accounts are ok

Great. I figured it was ok, just wanted to be safe. 

Part two of my question: What if I transfer money from one Bangkok Bank account to another. Does the 800,000 baht need to show that it came a international transfer? and the Bangkok Bank internal transfer would not show the money as a international transfer. 

1 hour ago, ThoMichael said:

The reason I ask is, I am first going to try the combo method. So I will transfer 200,000 baht to my current Bangkok Bank account to combo with my social security pension.

Will you have 12 months of transfers going into a Thai bank from abroad to prove your income?

12 minutes ago, SiamAndy said:

Wasn't there a time a couple of years ago when they did check if it was an International transfer based on the transfer code?

That would be required if it was for non O retirement application but not required for 12 month extentions. 

• Thanks 1

This is the first time I hear 2 bank acounts are ok? How does the bank letter work confirming you have sufficient amount of money when you don't.

Even if it's ok it seems like a lot of work. Go to 2 banks to get a letter, than get an updated bank book. If one of your bank accounts is SCB good luck updating as chaeng watthana has no branch.

Edited by Celsius

33 minutes ago, Celsius said:

This is the first time I hear 2 bank acounts are ok? How does the bank letter work confirming you have sufficient amount of money when you don't.

Even if it's ok it seems like a lot of work. Go to 2 banks to get a letter, than get an updated bank book. If one of your bank accounts is SCB good luck updating as chaeng watthana has no branch.

hardly a lot of work going to 2 banks, Op is talking about 1 bank anyway 

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

This is the first time I hear 2 bank acounts are ok? How does the bank letter work confirming you have sufficient amount of money when you don't

I use two accounts with same bank. FD and Savings. 

You only require one bank letter as they list both accounts. 100baht.

I obtain the letter on day of application at CW. 

No issue. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Only if doing transfers for proof on income. There has never been a requirement to prove the 800k baht came from abroad for a extension of stay application.

I have a question on the combination method income and money in bank .

I understand that Chiang Mai immigration will not accept a combination application .

I am resident in Chiang Mai  so my question is can I go to a immigration office elsewhere yet still show as living in Chiang Mai ?

3 hours ago, ThoMichael said:

Great again. Thanks so much! Planning this trip has been stressful.

We MUST try to stay calm, smile when things get put in your way.

Thais must show how strong they are by requesting one more thing is required, this is part of their culture and it shows where they and you are in the hierarchy class system.

we should not question them, we should only reply  by saying "I'm sorry I don't fully understand you are truly an expert in your field of expertise, I am truly beneath you, thank you for correcting me"

Edited by bolt
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, itsari said:

I understand that Chiang Mai immigration will not accept a combination application.

Have you asking CM immigration about suing the combination option. I think there is good chance that they do them now.

They refused to do them for those using the foreign transfer option in 2019.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Will you have 12 months of transfers going into a Thai bank from abroad to prove your income?

I just have a few months,. Gonna talk to some visa agents, I heard they can sometime grease the wheels with the Thai immigration, but I doubt it will work.

I am thinking I might just stay for a while on the extensions, then maybe leave Thailand after anyway, so I don't want to transfer all my money into a Thai bank yet. Going to decide after I am there for a while.

I am on the central US time zone. Time for me to log off the computer, will check back later... thanks.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you asking CM immigration about suing the combination option. I think there is good chance that they do them now.

They refused to do them for those using the foreign transfer option in 2019.

I have not asked them my self .

I have just been going on what I have read .

I will go in and ask . 

I used a agent for my last extension using a immigration office in the Bangkok area.

Can that be a obstruction in a application in Chiang Mai?

I thank you for your reply .

19 minutes ago, itsari said:

I used a agent for my last extension using a immigration office in the Bangkok area.

Can that be a obstruction in a application in Chiang Mai?

The problem could be not having a bank book showing you had the 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months before and 3 months after the application and then 400k baht baht for the rest of the year.

If you have that it should be a problem to apply at CM immigration if you submit a TM30 form with CM address on it.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The problem could be not having a bank book showing you had the 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months before and 3 months after the application and then 400k baht baht for the rest of the year.

If you have that it should be a problem to apply at CM immigration if you submit a TM30 form with CM address on it.

Yes, I see there could be problems .I have thought to renew one more time with the agent and apply with Chiang Mai after the next 12 months .I have more than the 800000 now and I have a income of around 50000 a month that has been paid to a Thai bank account for over one year now.

There could be a problem still with the TM30 showing Chiang Mai .

Thank you again for sharing your knowledge.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no requirement to prove the funds came from abroad when applying for a extension of stay.

So for a First time (Non O ) 1 year extension based on retirement there is no requirement to show the already banked (2months +) has come from abroad ???

( the Only time they might  ask for this is in the initial Non O application correct ? )

They didn’t ask for proof of funds when I applied for my Non O ( the volunteer at CM  said it wasn’t required - my 800k did come from abroad but went through a correspondent bank ( so my Bangkok Bank passbook doesn’t show the  international code transfer etc , 

All I had for proof of transfer from abroad was a copy of the swift transfer, showing the money coming from abroad into TTB( Thai military bank ) who sent it to my acc at Bangkok Bank 

Neither bank wanted to give me an official letter stating funds came from abroad ( as per immigration requirements ) and I’m going back to CM next week to apply for the 1 year extension (,and was praying it would not be asked for proof ) 

Thanks 

32 minutes ago, MikaQ5 said:

So for a First time (Non O ) 1 year extension based on retirement there is no requirement to show the already banked (2months +) has come from abroad ???

( the Only time they might  ask for this is in the initial Non O application correct ?

Read earlier posts.

If obtaining a non O retirement inside Thailand from a visa exempt or tourist visa the funds must be shown to come from abroad.

Subsequent 12 month extentions do not require proof funds came from abroad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Read earlier posts.

If obtaining a non O retirement inside Thailand from a visa exempt or tourist visa the funds must be shown to come from abroad.

Subsequent 12 month extentions do not require proof funds came from abroad. 

I did read the earlier posts 

I still wasn’t 100% clear hence my own post 

thanks for clarifying 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Seems that you will be doing your first extension from your non O.

Not all immigration offices accept combination method.

I will trying in Bangkok. But I will using an visa agency, so if anyone would know the right office to try, I hope they would. Thanks for the reminder about not all offices.

24 minutes ago, ThoMichael said:

I will trying in Bangkok. But I will using an visa agency, so if anyone would know the right office to try, I hope they would. Thanks for the reminder about not all offices.

You have jumped about back and forth regarding obtaining extension retirement yourself and via use of agent.

Think I have already suggested chat with ThaiVisaCentre or Bangkok Buddy here in Bangkok or contact one of the many agents in Pattaya..

One example Maneerat. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ThoMichael said:

Great. I figured it was ok, just wanted to be safe. 

Part two of my question: What if I transfer money from one Bangkok Bank account to another. Does the 800,000 baht need to show that it came a international transfer? and the Bangkok Bank internal transfer would not show the money as a international transfer. 

I did put my money into two different accounts on two different banks (SCB and Bangkok Bank) before and the immigration accepted it.

The transfer can be done but must be shown to be on the same day on both accounts (if the amount fall below the required 400k or 800k on either one of the account)

Edited by EricTh

13 hours ago, Celsius said:

I did 2 bank accounts a few years back, because I was moving my money from one bank to another.

Getting 2 bank letters isn't a problem.