Drugs to be an election issue as Anutin digs in insisting that attitudes must change on cannabis

webfact

4 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

So could you please point out the difference between alcohol & cannabis? Alcohol is freely available & everyone knows teens can purchase it easily, add to this the fact that items like white spirits some of which maybe illicit with little or no regulation on sales. I do agree that there does need to be regulations regarding sale to underage children purchasing cannabis the same as cigarettes, & alcohol but as we all know in Thailand these regulations are not always adhered to.

As we know in most countries the rules are not adhered to.  At least if you have rules on who can sell where they can sell and who they can sell to it is easier to control and make the tax dollars from.. Also right now there is nothing stopping kids from dealing at schools

The fact that the police here do nothing is an issue but there again has to be some sort of law. There has to be some way of stopping Johnny from becoming a pt head.  There are enough drunk Thai teens we do not need drunk and stoned Thai teens

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

As we know in most countries the rules are not adhered to.  At least if you have rules on who can sell where they can sell and who they can sell to it is easier to control and make the tax dollars from.. Also right now there is nothing stopping kids from dealing at schools

The fact that the police here do nothing is an issue but there again has to be some sort of law. There has to be some way of stopping Johnny from becoming a pt head.  There are enough drunk Thai teens we do not need drunk and stoned Thai teens

There will be some regulation, and I hope also VAT revenue for the government. These are reasonable expectations...

But why does there have to be a way to stop Johnny from becoming a pt(sic) head? We know well the problems of alcohol and teens are susceptible because they are beginning to shape their adult selves. Personally, I hope that many Thai teens discover that cannabis is a good alternative to alcohol. Difficult yes, because with the exception of the Islamic nations, alcohol use is rampant everywhere in the world.. often accompanied by known social problems that brings..

Disclaimer: I realize that cannabis is/will be officially restricted to 20 years and older. But..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Due to smoking cannabis my Grandson developed bi-polar mental illness

What sort of doctor concluded that? How much did he smoke for how long? Where did he buy his cannabis? Did the doctor say in what percentage of users this happens?

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

Cannabis affects the mind, reducing memory capacity and impairing judgment and logic.  Some of these effects are permanent.

Do as you will with giving people the option to choose for themselves, but let's hope no one tries to misrepresent as healthful the smoking of marijuana.

The drug's "bad image" is well deserved.

You might be asian at heart, but your brain is from a planet somewhere  in the 1930s!
Absolute unqualified rubbish from start to finish. Did you write this while propped up on a barstool?

Edited by MrMuddle
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

8 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Of course kids cant deal at schools!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

If the Thai people act rationally, sensibly and if the election is fair, I doubt anyone associated with the current party would get more than 5% of the votes. Anutin is toxic and should be the last person in the world, chosen to lead Thailand. 

That's what they said about Nixon, Trump, George Dubya Bush, Boris Johnson, Liz Truss...in their countries!
Need I go on?  lol

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

Cannabis affects the mind, reducing memory capacity and impairing judgment and logic.  Some of these effects are permanent.

Do as you will with giving people the option to choose for themselves, but let's hope no one tries to misrepresent as healthful the smoking of marijuana.

The drug's "bad image" is well deserved.

Your first paragraph seems to mirror the normal intelligence level already for the majority... 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Artisi said:

Your first paragraph seems to mirror the normal intelligence level already for the majority... 

No. It is a reflection of years of propagnda and lies. Whether or not the majority believe it or not is irrelevant after nearly a hundred years of lies and misinformation

7 hours ago, kiteman9 said:

Cannabis affects some minds by changing their consciousness. In doing so, parts of the brain’s memory capacity are reduced to make room for a more higher sense of being. Impaired judgment and logic can be looked at as thinking outside of the box. Einstein believed in a higher sense of being, "No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it"

Likely the least scientific post of the day. Cannibis changed my consciousness. For the better. Made me far more open minded. So did LSD. And yes, it affected my memory and concentration. Just one of the reasons I gave it up. I doubt it was long term. 

Overall, cannabis is a relatively harmless drug, in moderation. Unless you count a loss of ambition to be a detriment. 

Is believing in a higher sense of being such a bad thing? 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, bobbin said:

Did you have a little bit of a brain fade when you posted? I ask because you included two statements, one of which can be put down to people who are new to edibles, and the other which directly contradicts the point you were trying to make.

Sorry you don't come across as too smart yourself. The jury being out means the decision is not made as to whether liberalizing the stuff was a good or bad move. The two points were in the same write up....  my 'point' was more a question.

Canada cannot even decide on it's language and is mostly wilderness. 

On 9/19/2022 at 4:23 AM, AsianAtHeart said:

The exact same thing can be said for alcohol.  And yet? 

The divide between alcohol and cannabis is political and driven by profit.  If a few connected and selected corporations were assigned a monopoly by the Thai government for the distribution of recreational cannabis - there wouldn't be any problem.  The problem is its a free market and isn't controlled by corporate interests.

7 minutes ago, connda said:

The exact same thing can be said for alcohol. 

To a point, perhaps.  But the mental impairments with alcohol are much less permanent, with the exception of memory.  Once sober, a drinker will still have possession of sound logic and judgment.  Marijuana disrupts one's reasoning abilities and its effects are more lasting.

• Haha 1