Mass closure last night at midnight

smedly

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Shame that someone makes vacation plans based upon how long bars are opened for here in Thailand.  So many other things to do and see.  Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, hiking and so mcuh more to do...

The snorkeling and scuba are subpar, by any reasonable standard of comparison, unless you are on the Andaman. Then it is decent, but anything but world class. There is some nice hiking here. 

Some come for R&R. It is hard to find good TLC in the west. I certainly understand the desire for nightlife. 

Shame that someone makes vacation plans based upon how long bars are opened for here in Thailand.  So many other things to do and see.  Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, hiking and so mcuh more to do...

That seems somewhat puritanical....  particularly when considering why people travel to Pattaya. 

Its like closing the beach at 6pm. 

People holiday in Thailand for many reasons, price, bars, booze, girls, food, beaches, temples, hiking, diving etc etc... (not necessarily in that order)...    cutting out or limiting any of the key ingredients that attract tourists is short sighted. 

There is no reason to shut down the bars - there seems to be a frequent hypocritical ’target against’ booze in Thailand whenever something happens...  some foreigners are starting to become influenced in an almost ’stockholm syndrome’ manner, they start justifying the unjustifiable targeting of bar closers and booze bans etc... 

The ban on sales from 2-5pm is already ridiculous enough, then we have the BiB closing the bars on a Whim....  

It all gets very juvenile and could well cost the country tourists at a time it desperately needs them. 

Now that I think about it, when I was 18 I went on vacation with friends.  we really cared about the nightlife.   30 years old, YES it was important for all of us.   35, well things changed a little bit.

I have to imagine there are a few people between the ages of 18 to 35 who vacation in Thailand.  Bars being opened is definitely high, high, very high on the priority list for that demographic.   Older, sure, but it's not as obvious.  

11 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Seems I fall for fake news/video blogs.

Do you live in Pattaya?

Even in July it was far from dead.

Yes I do.

Just ask business owners and girls what they think about the current state of affairs. Not good at all.

Went to Walking Street the other night just to compare with the Bua Khao area. Thought it would be better but it was actually worse. And it was around 10pm.

Weekends are a bit better for sure though.

21 hours ago, Dominus said:

On the contrary Soi Buakao was incredibly busy on Friday night as was LK Metro. Bars and GG Bars were busy to rammed as it was at high season years ago. That was at 10pm +

Weekends are usually better for sure. I agree. Don't know why...

Maybe expats going out on Fridays and Saturdays?

It is far from what I've known 5-6 years ago though.

I remember Walking Street being so packed one had to "fight" his way through the crowd - especially in that little soi where Sapphire is. Pretty crazy. Might have been high season though. Can't really remember.

Anyway, no need to flip about a little police stunt. It happens now and then.

No big deal imo.

20 minutes ago, Baron Samedi said:

Just ask business owners and girls what they think about the current state of affairs. Not good at all.

I get your point. Looking from businesses and girls it might look quiet.

Isn't it as simple as supply and demand?

Obviously too many hoped for a quick recovery.

Supply grew fast after restrictions eased.

Big shiny clubs in "Soi Pothole" or round the corner in Soi Buakhao?

Tons of near empty bars in the remote corners of Tree Town (I have seen that often enough).

But for the customer there is plenty of choice and there are (a "few") happy businesses being crowded.
And in which year in the month of September (deep rainy off season) have you heard that businesses and girls are happy with the situation?

Edited by KhunBENQ

16 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Tons of near empty bars in the remote corners of Tree Town (I have seen that often enough).

But for the customer there is plenty of choice and there are (a "few") happy businesses being crowded.
And in which year in the month of September (deep rainy off season) have you heard that businesses and girls are happy with the situation?

It doesn't look quiet. It is quiet.

Not sure it's a good thing for anybody really.

If workers ain't happy, they can't really make their customers happy.

The vib in most bars is just horrible and fake.

It has been a pleasure exploring Pattaya for a few weeks but leaving for BKK in a few days seems to be the right move for me.

I will miss the Otteri laundromat though...

13 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Idiots

Who ? ????

30 minutes ago, Baron Samedi said:

I will miss the Otteri laundromat though...

You'll be fine in Bangkok.

There's plenty of coin operated laundry mats to wither the time away.

If you are really looking for fun maybe go to a drycleaners if you're feeling adventurous. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

And the rest of the bars on Soi Baukaew, LK Metro, Tree Town, Pothole etc were "rammed" also, we they? 

You asked which bars were rammed I gave you those two which I managed to get a drink in...... I could have added Cafe Racer also but I didn,t actually go in it only saw how busy it was.....I can only comment on the area LK Metro I was in.

30 minutes ago, petermik said:

You asked which bars were rammed I gave you those two which I managed to get a drink in...... I could have added Cafe Racer also but I didn,t actually go in it only saw how busy it was.....I can only comment on the area LK Metro I was in.

This was what the member who I quoted said:  "On the contrary Soi Buakao was incredibly busy on Friday night as was LK Metro. Bars and GG Bars were busy to rammed as it was at high season years ago."

As it reads, that's ALL bars and gogo's, and whilst I was not out that night, I find it hard to believe it was the case, because on my last night out, not that long ago, just walking around and observing, bars were far from "rammed." 

14 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I agree with your summation, yet, some members on here describe the hospitality and nightlife scene here as "thriving" and "rammed" and "booming." 

How can observations and opinions be so far apart? 

14 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

What would they know?  ????

14 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

Went to Walking Street the other night just to compare with the Bua Khao area. Thought it would be better but it was actually worse.

Now you are just being doom and gloom.  ????

Well we are slowly getting to high season in a few weeks, you would expect the bars to be getting busy, just those damn flight prices.

Just my own experience of friends not coming this year for that reason

Jomtien and Romph market were quiet on Saturday just gone, busiest was the live music rock bar on the statue corner, that was packed, good band